Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

I memorize where keys are.

Writing down locations will just slow floors down.

And you should memorize more than keys; I usually can open the map and know what every question mark on there is.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I just remember everything. The only time I ever get mixed up is when I have to do a solo puzzle that takes a long time, like colored ferrets. I tend to stop paying attention to the chat/skype during long puzzles, which is a really bad habit that I'll be working on when I start DGing again.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Yeah, I just remember everything. The only time I ever get mixed up is when I have to do a solo puzzle that takes a long time, like colored ferrets. I tend to stop paying attention to the chat/skype during long puzzles, which is a really bad habit that I'll be working on when I start DGing again.

this happens to me alot <_<

harpycopy.png

fyi, ladies dig the talons

Hot man of the Trickster Pirates.

this happens to me alot <_<

story of my life, once gotbacktoback blocks/statues lol you could imagine..

Anyways i just wanna say 'MAYBE' c6 5:5 smalls for furnished can be more efficient then c1'ing them, itll take some data to show though so yeah...

You can do rows of 26-29 for night gazer (and the time spent is roughly equivalent to a slower pace large).

Some 'approximation' (no hard data) + maths:

case1: Favouring c1's.

average c1 furnished: 1:30

average 5:5small furnished: 5:30

4 c6 smalls = 20 + 2 minutes = 22 minutes.

'typical' exp at my prestige assuming I die about 0-1 times per floor = ~15k per floor x 4 = ~60k exp.

'Time saved' by not ticking the floors of as c1's = 6 minutes.

Therefore can approximate it as getting 60k dungeoneering exp in 22-6 minutes = 16 minutes.

OR

approximate it as 60kxp + 15k * ( 6/5.5) = 76.363k exp for 22minutes. (<-- equivalent to an abandoned large where I die)

Case2: Favouring c6's

average c1 furnished: 2:00

average 5:5 small furnished: 5:00

4 c6 smalls = 20 minutes

Typical exp @ my prestige = 60k exp for 20 minutes

Time 'saved' = 8 minutes

ie 60k exp for 12 minutes

OR

60k + (8/5)*15k = 84k exp for 20 minutes (equivalent to survivor abandoned large for me :D)

I used to do duo furnished smalls with weirdoweirdo.

I found it nice, it wasn't as grindy as c1's are and gave decent-ish exp.

Maybe c6 smalling your abandoned 2's (if you're 110+ Dungeoneering, and c1 your abandoned 2's) might be efficient too.

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

Irrational 4 minutes doesn't account for stomp/sagittaire. Or does it?? (and also guard key rooms etc etc)

Also point of interest, a 'slow' team loses about 30 seconds in a small as opposed to a few minutes in a large

Weekly trivia updated, thanks to tui for providing the initial testing.

Jettrider provided a video (with terrible music) for those of you who would like to see it in action:

C1Geq.png

Hey, I've been a regular on w99 for a little bit, and I always see this clan dungeoneering. I'd like to join you guys, as I'm growing tired of the rage quitters of w117 and 1hr floors of other clans. My real interest lies in learning to key, and I feel it would be made much easier by a team that would respond to my instructions when I say them. I'll join the chat next time I'm on and try to do some floors with you guys.

floorgazer.png

Make sure you read guidelines and the links in them.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

I have reason to believe that doing c6 5:5 smalls can always be better then doing larges (for now though ive established its better for furnished and abandoned2's).

Some quick points why:

You can approximate 4 smalls = 1 large (if not faster).

You can use turmoil/piety/rigour whole floor (ie in gd's and boss) and not die or die 1 time. (in a large to do the same u need to die at least 3 times and most likely 4-6 times)

max small size is 4x4 = 16 rooms, 1 dedicated to ht and one to boss therefore max is 14

max large size is 8x8 = 64 rooms, 62 when you take out boss and ht.

14x4=56, 56<62 therefore assuming a pattern in the typical amount of rooms then you have to do less rooms to do smalls (and less chance of ramo etc)

theres some other points, ill be posting more about this!

My theory is that for occults it might be faster to do 42-47 twice as c6 5:5 smalls then to do as larges.

(note to confirm its faster we have to see how long it takes to tick of each floor and compare exp/hour to current)

Are you accounting for the fact that base XP suffers a penalty when you do smalls instead of larges?

I'm not talking just about there being less rooms so less XP. The base XP numbers are also influenced by difficulty and size for one.

For instance, a 5:1 c1 will net approximately 29% less XP than a 1:1 c1, all other factors remaining constant.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Cant confirm without a large sample size like Grimy always says but i'll start doing furnished as c6 smalls and ill try with abandon, doubt ill find teams for occults.

Also interesting points:

an error in a large can cost alot of time -> a non perfect team will probably be close to perfect in smalls

In a large you need full time 5 gates alot of the time

In a large its common for less then 5 people to be doing a gd and not uncommon for only 2-3 people in a gd

In a small you can overlap gates at barely any cost to time (this opens up potential for new strategies)

In a small theres almost always 5 people in each gd AND in boss = saves alot of damage + prayer drain

Also if c6 smalls becomes the normal, then things like gaunts/ccs will become pointless in favour of empowered earth/fire (unless you dont have higher surges, in which case 2h + rapier might be better)

There's no sample size in this. Each "room's base XP" is reduced when you play 5:1 as opposed to 5:5, Small as opposed to Large.

As a result it would now depend on whether you can do the equivalent of more than 4 smalls per large, at current XP rates. This would be very interesting to look into, though.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Had an idea for a future trivia. You could mention that you don't need to teleport to your gatestone in order to break it, you can just cast the teleport and click through the chatbox and choose to create a new one. It took me to 105 dungeoneering to discover this. :S Though, it could have just been because I never actually read the message that appears that I never knew about being able to break gates any time.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

You don't even need to click through any dialogue. By right-click selecting "Quick cast", you automatically create a new gatestone and doesn't interrupt what you do. It can even be used during attack turns and you won't lose a turn :shades:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I was going to make this week's trivia about gatestones, but we decided not to use up a bunch of trivia about gatestones in one go. Right clicking/using on blink/using it to avoid damage. We'll probably do a gatestone trivia next week if we have useful info.

C1Geq.png

You don't even need to click through any dialogue. By right-click selecting "Quick cast", you automatically create a new gatestone and doesn't interrupt what you do. It can even be used during attack turns and you won't lose a turn :shades:

Didn't know that either.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Didn't know that either.

It's ok that Cheeeeeeeeeesy kid found it out at 105 dg.

Gatestone tricks are pretty useful, although after you know how to quick-cast and how to use it to negate damage, all the tricks are more or less the same thing under different applications, so after a few of them I'm not sure how useful they become after that.

I have reason to believe that doing c6 5:5 smalls can always be better then doing larges (for now though ive established its better for furnished and abandoned2's).

With a good team, I think doing larges would be better xp/h. With a bad team, who knows

In terms of practibility, for smalls you really have to be doing quite a few as a row for it to be worth the organization time, which further increases how hard it is to organize

I find larges more fun personally tho

siggya.png