Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

Thank you for kicking me from the clan chat (which is openly displayed on the first post of this thread)- RS name BowDownImGOD. If it is not open to be in as a guest then don't display it - period. Not a great first impression, I can tell there is a great bunch of "kids" involved with this website now. It would probably be smart to allow someone to say more than one line before in the chat, "kick" / "another w117 again" / or any other idiotic message was spammed. Just some food for thought...

Anyways, I'm interested in joining this group, as I now have some time off from medical school and am interested in getting 99 in this particular skill. I would appreciate a message back with some info, as well as, an appology from the clan mod who kicked me - whom I won't name at the moment. (Don't worry I wrote it down) Look forward to hearing from you.

-Bow

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kicked you. When I see someone join with the name "bowdowntomeimgod", i'll be pretty suspect they're a spastic rsofer. Being in 117 and asking if there are any teams in the cc won't help you either. (it's in the guidelines to either host yourself or don't ask.)

I apologize for kicking you, but we get a lot of people from 117 coming into the chat. We're open to tip.iters and you're welcome to Dg with us assuming you've read the guidelines.

C1Geq.png

I kicked you. When I see someone join with the name "bowdowntomeimgod", i'll be pretty suspect they're a spastic rsofer. Being in 117 and asking if there are any teams in the cc won't help you either. (it's in the guidelines to either host yourself or don't ask.)

I apologize for kicking you, but we get a lot of people from 117 coming into the chat. We're open to tip.iters and you're welcome to Dg with us assuming you've read the guidelines.

Ok thank you Andy, are you a mod in the cc then? Whats your RS name? (You can message me if you'd like.) I understand your thought process; however I hope you understand the flaws in such a design. That being said, I wasn't sure exactly how swiftly a team would be available or if I would be able to join at that moment of time - Hence why I was in w117. I'll try and join the clan chat a bit later, I have more of the hour left until I have the possibility.

-Bow

Ok thank you Andy, are you a mod in the cc then? What’s your RS name? (You can message me if you'd like.) I understand your thought process; however I hope you understand the flaws in such a design. That being said, I wasn't sure exactly how swiftly a team would be available or if I would be able to join at that moment of time - Hence why I was in w117. I'll try and join the clan chat a bit later, I have more of the hour left until I have the possibility.

-Bow

If you use world 117 teams at all, chances are you need more practice before you're ready to use DGS.

Your username is immature

And you've demonstrated a measure of arrogance by complaining about flaws in a clan you barely understand.

We recruit people we think have good chance of being receptive to training from the higher ranks in the clan. (amongst other qualities)

If you have a bad personality, our keyers won't like you, they won't like training you, and therefore there is no point in recruiting someone with a bad personality.

You demonstrated a personality that the vast majority if not all of our keyers would disapprove of.

Therefore you were kicked, as you would have zero value to our clan if we do not think you would get along with the instructors.

Naaxi.png

Ok thank you Andy, are you a mod in the cc then? Whats your RS name? (You can message me if you'd like.) I understand your thought process; however I hope you understand the flaws in such a design. That being said, I wasn't sure exactly how swiftly a team would be available or if I would be able to join at that moment of time - Hence why I was in w117. I'll try and join the clan chat a bit later, I have more of the hour left until I have the possibility.

-Bow

If you use world 117 teams at all, chances are you need more practice before you're ready to use DGS.

Your username is immature

And you've demonstrated a measure of arrogance by complaining about flaws in a clan you barely understand.

We recruit people we think have good chance of being receptive to training from the higher ranks in the clan. (amongst other qualities)

If you have a bad personality, our keyers won't like you, they won't like training you, and therefore there is no point in recruiting someone with a bad personality.

You demonstrated a personality that the vast majority if not all of our keyers would disapprove of.

Therefore you were kicked, as you would have zero value to our clan if we do not think you would get along with the instructors.

Hello to you too Grimy. I'm not sure if you proof read what you just typed; your statement doesnt make sense. The point of joining such a clan is to avoid the w117 chaos. Other than joining a private team, which usually consists of prior close friends, there is not much choice other than w117. I have not played much Runescape recently so many of my old friends are no longer active, thus randoms or clans are my only choices. I hope you understand.

As far as my personality goes, I am an extremely logical and quick learner, as well as, always friendly. Given I am as much a narcissist as every other at a given time; however unlike many others I understand the purpose of rules and regulations for the greater good. I will have no problem with keyers liking me I can guarantee that.

Now as far as your personal statement, about the majority of our keyers will disapprove of me, if they get along with individuals who are so blatantly obvious of their negative feelings, they will have absolutely no problem with my less conspicuous thoughts or actions. That being said, thanks for you input, I hope you understand I am by no means attacking you, but you must understand that flaws whether useful or not, are still flaws nonetheless. A kick because of joining a clan, whether for a world or name bias, which is opening publicized to join is not acceptable period. Thanks for your understanding; I look forward to meeting you.

-Bow

The point of joining such a clan is to avoid the w117 chaos. Other than joining a private team, which usually consists of prior close friends, there is not much choice other than w117. [...]

I will have no problem with keyers liking me I can guarantee that.

-Bow

This is already the wrong attitude. Go to w148, w28, some other Dungeoneering clan, etc. if you're just trying to get away from w117.

Simply put: Unnecessary arrogance and stubbornness will guarantee that you never do a floor with a ranked keyer in DGS. Once you prove that you're a capable dungeoneer, yeah, you can be a little bit arrogant. However, to come into a clan chat requesting floors (precisely as the guidelines discourage) from w117 is another story. We do provide the services of teaching other, newer dungeoneers; if you want to learn, you will need to listento ranked keyers, and you won't get that opportunity without showing some respect.

I look forward to (preemptively) meeting you, too.

Our_Moon.png

A kick because of joining a clan, whether for a world or name bias, which is opening publicized to join is not acceptable period.

I bolded the primary part that got you banned. Not reading the guidelines, which are extremely easy to find, is not acceptable and disrespectful to the clan.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

The point of joining such a clan is to avoid the w117 chaos. Other than joining a private team, which usually consists of prior close friends, there is not much choice other than w117. [...]

I will have no problem with keyers liking me I can guarantee that.

-Bow

This is already the wrong attitude. Go to w148, w28, some other Dungeoneering clan, etc. if you're just trying to get away from w117.

Simply put: Unnecessary arrogance and stubbornness will guarantee that you never do a floor with a ranked keyer in DGS. Once you prove that you're a capable dungeoneer, yeah, you can be a little bit arrogant. However, to come into a clan chat requesting floors (precisely as the guidelines discourage) from w117 is another story. We do provide the services of teaching other, newer dungeoneers; if you want to learn, you will need to listento ranked keyers, and you won't get that opportunity without showing some respect.

I look forward to (preemptively) meeting you, too.

Hello to you to Moon. First off, didn't request a floor, just simply said "Hello guys, I'm looking for a dg team :) then got kicked. How else am I supposed to enter the chat? Request first thing to not be kicked immediately? Come on, I was assuming that I would have an opportunity to announce who I am and what I was about; instead I was immediately removed from the channel. Now, it seems that there is a bit of a bandwagon affect going on here, loyalty to individuals who made a hasty decision. So I will do the logical thing and take a break for the night, I'll join the chat tomorrow.

I am not arrogant; I find no "pride" in my ability to play this game. I do not think that this is game is or will ever be a major accomplishment of my life; it was simply something that I did and do when I have had surgeries over the past few years. However, I find it odd that you stated that I have an arrogance issue, yet you blatantly stated that this clan offers "services, or by definition, opportunities which others cannot provide. Did you not just give me ample opportunities for similar groups to join? Seems this is not an original service which is provided, so why did I take interest in such a group?

I did not chose to take interest in this clan because of its originality, I chose it because of the presence of those involved and the past which I feel I have had with those in this community. Is this clan not just individuals who have a common interest; to be in a friendly environment and be efficient at the same time? The purpose of this skill is to work together; it is not performed efficiently with just a single person. It is not a service of a single entity to be offered; instead it is the conglomeration of the many individuals. Now, I am not here to aggravate others, or to be confronted for so-called mirrored issues of my pride or arrogance. I simply stated that what was done was both unwelcoming to a common community member, as well as, frustrating because of the lack of support which I had assumed would be present by reading the first post on this thread.

I understand that what was done, is to deal with an issue, perhaps put on the first post to state xxxx when first entering the clan chat the first time to announce yourself as a tip.it member. Thanks for your understanding. I truthfully am looking forward to working with others who take pride in not just leaning about efficiency, but by practicing it to its fullest potential. I look forward to talking to you tomorrow.

-Bow

Come on, at least give him a chance.

In my opinion I'd only kick/ban a player if they truly demonstrate the w117 attitude within a dungeon. Right now he hasn't even begun to show off his potential dung skills yet! :-w

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

However, his name is pretty inappropriate for DGS.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

Previously the wingmen recommendation system was private and only ranked wingmen/keyers could recommend a new wingman. We have changed our policy and allowed recruit ranks to recommend us wingmen/women.

If you know any people that you think could be up to the wingman rank - send a private message to one of the Dgs admins here on Tipit (or that other site which shall not be named in fear of another 1 month ban for posting a link)

[hide=A short description of what you should be looking for in a potential wingman:]

-Wingmen / Wingwomen:

Wingmen are lieutenants (bronze stars) in the clan chat. Wingmen are recommended by Dgsers and ultimately chosen by admins based on their skill and knowledge of dungeoneering. There is no formal application or test - rather, the potential wingman should do his/her best to perform the functions of the rank in order to be noticed and recommended by keyers. All keyers (ranked or not) should designate at least one wingman at the start of every floor.

The wingman will serve several functions in support of the keyer:

In the case that the keyer disconnects, the wingman becomes the default keyer.

The wingman must understand and utilize intelligent map-reading during floors.

The wingman must watch the team closely so as to make corrections or give advice to teammates on efficient room-clearing. Similarly, wingmen must possess knowledge of combat mechanics such as side-stepping, trampling, and safe-spotting so as to teach their teammates as necessary.

The wingman should direct the team in the absence of the keyer. For example, the wingmen should be able to assign paths, tasks, or gates to teammates (unless the keyer says otherwise, of course). This includes breaking the team up if more than one person is at a puzzle or running a path.

The wingman must be able to educate the team on efficient puzzle-solving, which means knowing how each puzzle works and the various tricks to speed them up.

The wingman must possess miscellaneous knowledge such as efficiently making potions, ranged armor, ragers, and altars, as well as when it's appropriate to do so, if at all.[/hide]

Our profiles are:

Michael,

Cheeesy,

Obtaurian

Beware the fleshy tentacles and such.

C1Geq.png

I see were all getting along well lol. I love reading this thread makes my day sometimes.

Lol.

I sometimes ask for floors when I first join the chat on any given day because I just want to see if there were open floors that I may have missed. Hosts don't often advertise every couple seconds because there sometimes isn't alot of chatter going on in the CC. Just sayin...

Staurolite.png

He's 70 Dungeoneering, do you honestly think he'll get floors in 148 or 28?

10xy5fk.png

148, yes. But what's your point? Does this pertain to you in any way, shape, or form? Are you a DGS administrator, moderator, keyer, member, enthusiast, or anything of the like? No? Then kindly [bleep] off. Thanks.

It's 6am and I haven't had my Cheerios yet.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

148, yes. But what's your point? Does this pertain to you in any way, shape, or form? Are you a DGS administrator, moderator, keyer, member, enthusiast, or anything of the like? No? Then kindly [bleep] off. Thanks.

You're definitely looking for your Cheerios in the wrong place.

Articultural, you may not share the same views as administrators and other members of DGS. That's okay. What you need to do is to attempt to understand the mentality of those in charge of this clan. DGS is not meant to be a Chaotic Collection Clan; that was not the vision in mind when the clan was shaped earlier this year. As a result, due to the ever-increasing popularity of this clan largely due to the RS Highscores, extreme stringent measures have to be on hand to ensure that we avoid the types of members who want to Dungeoneer just for a Chaotic. It is annoying, to say the least, to encounter a new name in the CC, whose first words are to the effect of "Any floors I can 148 in?" The med student guy we had earlier definitely did not help himself by coming in with that opening statement (as opposed to identifying himself as a TIF member), nor did he help his own image with the post he made in this thread earlier.

We've taken in all kinds of people, not only from TIF, but some others talent spotted from 148, 3BO, and so on. With the Clan Citadel update looming (ha) ever closer, we have to tighten our recruitment and CC procedures to make sure only players we deem teachable, who have long term Dungeoneering goals, get to make use of the expertise of our other members. There's leeway for newer members open to learning and criticism, but to those who come here looking to go on with their Chaotic hunt or prima donna attitude, we've already run out of patience in dealing with them long ago.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

[Hide]

Thank you for kicking me from the clan chat (which is openly displayed on the first post of this thread)- RS name BowDownImGOD. If it is not open to be in as a guest then don't display it - period. Not a great first impression, I can tell there is a great bunch of "kids" involved with this website now. It would probably be smart to allow someone to say more than one line before in the chat, "kick" / "another w117 again" / or any other idiotic message was spammed. Just some food for thought...

Anyways, I'm interested in joining this group, as I now have some time off from medical school and am interested in getting 99 in this particular skill. I would appreciate a message back with some info, as well as, an appology from the clan mod who kicked me - whom I won't name at the moment. (Don't worry I wrote it down) Look forward to hearing from you.

-Bow

[/hide]

The point is you've now messed up on two parts of the guidelines.

1. You asked for floors in the clan chat

2. You had a problem with the clan and posted it on this thread instead of pming an admin.

Reading the guidelines does you no good if you don't apply them. Actually its worse because you appear unteachable, idiotic, and/or arrogant. You may not be those things, but that's the way you come across.

Trolling by giving good advice since April 2011.

The Blog - Currently Cleaning Herbs

Bladewing.png

You're definitely looking for your Cheerios in the wrong place.

Articultural, you may not share the same views as administrators and other members of DGS. That's okay. What you need to do is to attempt to understand the mentality of those in charge of this clan. DGS is not meant to be a Chaotic Collection Clan; that was not the vision in mind when the clan was shaped earlier this year. As a result, due to the ever-increasing popularity of this clan largely due to the RS Highscores, extreme stringent measures have to be on hand to ensure that we avoid the types of members who want to Dungeoneer just for a Chaotic. It is annoying, to say the least, to encounter a new name in the CC, whose first words are to the effect of "Any floors I can 148 in?" The med student guy we had earlier definitely did not help himself by coming in with that opening statement (as opposed to identifying himself as a TIF member), nor did he help his own image with the post he made in this thread earlier.

We've taken in all kinds of people, not only from TIF, but some others talent spotted from 148, 3BO, and so on. With the Clan Citadel update looming (ha) ever closer, we have to tighten our recruitment and CC procedures to make sure only players we deem teachable, who have long term Dungeoneering goals, get to make use of the expertise of our other members. There's leeway for newer members open to learning and criticism, but to those who come here looking to go on with their Chaotic hunt or prima donna attitude, we've already run out of patience in dealing with them long ago.

My point is that expecting people not to use world 117 at 70 Dungeoneering is ridiculous, as other worlds attempting to enforce 90/105+ requirements, meaning unless they have a clan or perm team (in which case they wouldn't need DGS), there is little other choice for them.

I understand completely that you want people who actually want to train Dungeoneering in your clan, rather than those just in it for the rewards, but if you have a problem with people using world 117 then put it in your guidelines, having rules which aren't clearly stated isn't going to help anyone.

Bow, according to his earlier post, merely said "Hello guys, I'm looking for a dg team :), which isn't against your guidelines. I'm not saying that it was the best way to introduce himself, but asking him if he had read the guidelines/etc. would have worked better than kicking him. Creating an inaccessible and anti-new members image for your clan will only be detrimental in the future, if you don't want to help newer players starting out with Dungeoneering, you should seriously consider why this topic is in the Help & Advice forum, and whether it would be better suited in a Clan recruitment/discussion forum instead.

10xy5fk.png

if you don't want to help newer players starting out with Dungeoneering,

Ah, I guess this explains why you're so confused. :)

In other news (and I hope this post doesn't get buried by another 20+ Articultural posts!) the new guidelines will be up tomorrow most likely. They're being looked over by the keyers, etc.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Where can I apply to join ;0?

Read the entire first post, or wait a day and do significantly less reading when I put up the new guidelines. ;)

I must be blind.

Read the entire first post, or wait a day and do significantly less reading when I put up the new guidelines. ;)

I must be blind.

You are not doing yourself any services, really. DGS is very discouraged with people that can't read the guidelines before asking questions or trying to join the clan, people that can't do that are immediately looked down upon and noted for not being the brightest crayon in the box.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I must be blind.

You are not doing yourself any services, really. DGS is very discouraged with people that can't read the guidelines before asking questions or trying to join the clan, people that can't do that are immediately looked down upon and noted for not being the brightest crayon in the box.

I'm on a tablet, and all I see is the name of the clan chat which cannot be joined.

Previously the wingmen recommendation system was private and only ranked wingmen/keyers could recommend a new wingman. We have changed our policy and allowed recruit ranks to recommend us wingmen/women.

If you know any people that you think could be up to the wingman rank - send a private message to one of the Dgs admins here on Tipit (or that other site which shall not be named in fear of another 1 month ban for posting a link)

[hide=A short description of what you should be looking for in a potential wingman:]

-Wingmen / Wingwomen:

Wingmen are lieutenants (bronze stars) in the clan chat. Wingmen are recommended by Dgsers and ultimately chosen by admins based on their skill and knowledge of dungeoneering. There is no formal application or test - rather, the potential wingman should do his/her best to perform the functions of the rank in order to be noticed and recommended by keyers. All keyers (ranked or not) should designate at least one wingman at the start of every floor.

The wingman will serve several functions in support of the keyer:

In the case that the keyer disconnects, the wingman becomes the default keyer.

The wingman must understand and utilize intelligent map-reading during floors.

The wingman must watch the team closely so as to make corrections or give advice to teammates on efficient room-clearing. Similarly, wingmen must possess knowledge of combat mechanics such as side-stepping, trampling, and safe-spotting so as to teach their teammates as necessary.

The wingman should direct the team in the absence of the keyer. For example, the wingmen should be able to assign paths, tasks, or gates to teammates (unless the keyer says otherwise, of course). This includes breaking the team up if more than one person is at a puzzle or running a path.

The wingman must be able to educate the team on efficient puzzle-solving, which means knowing how each puzzle works and the various tricks to speed them up.

The wingman must possess miscellaneous knowledge such as efficiently making potions, ranged armor, ragers, and altars, as well as when it's appropriate to do so, if at all.[/hide]

Our profiles are:

Michael,

Cheeesy,

Obtaurian

Beware the fleshy tentacles and such.

Reposting this for the 5th time it's been spammed out by articultural.

C1Geq.png