Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

I am currently only 57 dungeoneering but thought I would come here for some advice on improving my dungeoneering even at this lowly level.

- I do the last 5 or 6 of my floors as C6 Meds and can manage to do them in about 18 - 22 minutes depending on if I come across a new challenge room or a slightly more annoying boss. Any tips on how to cut this time also what is this time like for a standard? What should I be aiming for?

- I don't bother potting for skill doors I cannot do as I think the 1 or 2% increase in experience is not worth it for the extra time when I am only getting 7-8k experience a floor is this right?

- How much of a priority should 70 RC be?

- With monster weaknesses the only ones I am currently aware of are skeletons are weak to crush and so are anything made of ice.. Any others that I should be aware of? Also I am 100% melee for my DPS should I change this?

- What sort of experience would I be looking at for floor 30 large with all the bonus rooms done and no deaths? Does everyone get the same base experience for a floor no matter what their contribution was - I know it is against DGS's ethos but I was considering paying for some leech floors to bump my DG level up until I can do some more serious dungeoneering as I am a bit fed up of getting most of my experience weekly from Pengs/Tears.

- Any tips for dealing with Stomp?

Thanks for your help feel free to tell me if I'm being an idiot about anything or add in advice you think I should know..

-You should be aiming for 10-13 minutes, but really, you should be aiming towards large floors. DGS doesn't do anything but c1 smalls and F30-60 larges, so practicing on meds can only help you so much. As for cutting time, you should memorize all of the puzzle rooms and how to do them. There's a list of these rooms in Tip.It's Dungeoneering Guide (under "Puzzles") that will be of much use to you. Also, are you using gatestones, appropriate combat styles (e.g., maging warriors, crushing skeletons, etc.)?

-No, this is wrong. Potion doors not only affect the bonus room percentage but also the base floor experience. (If you want to know by how much, I can post you the list, but, in short, do as many skill doors as you reasonably can.)

-70 Runecrafting is very, very important, especially if you're doing solo floors where the ability to use magic attacks can speed up floor times dramatically.

-Yes, you should get 70 rc and bind a csb over your current ammo bind. I'm not going to list every single weakness - as there are many, many of them - but they can all be found on RS Wikia if you search the monsters' names.

-It depends on your prestige. Your teammates will get the same amount of base experience as you, but their prestige will dramatically alter how much experience they get from a given floor. I know that I get somewhere around 85k experience for F30 (at 55 prestige).

-DO NOT DO LEECH FLOORS. You're only hurting yourself by doing so not to mention that you'll never do a floor in DGS with that mindset. If you want more experience, learn to key floors for yourself, and host them. Open your resource dungeons (this helps drastically at lower levels).

-Stomp is annoying. Pray range, and melee him until he throws things at you. Pick up two crystals, and stick them on the colorful blocks once Stomp is invisible. If he blocks off access to one of the colorful blocks, don't stick a crystal on the other; just wait until the blocking rocks clear. Repeat 3x if it's a large floor.

I just wanted to add for Stomp:

Make use of your gatestone, drop your personal gatestone in front of one of the stones, and your group gatestone over the other stone.

This is in case you leave to pick up crystals but then the rocks that stomp throws blocks the space needed to get back.

Take the hit if necessary (instead of having some unpassable route that even the gt/personal tele won't solve.

In teams (when you're clearing as C1s or what not), you can have your team spam click him as right as he turns from invulnerable -> vulnerable.

I'm not 100% on the mechanics of this (I think if you all click on the same tick), but sometimes he bypasses one of his invulnerable states (that is if you all do enough damage)

As for pottable doors - go grab the list of ingredients/pots that people post in their notes. (You can find some a few pages back).

Pick up whatever herbs you can find and some secondary. Buy some vials in the beginning and bring humidify runes. This will be helpful both because you'll be able to get the most exp you can while practicing what DGS refers to as snaping (i.e making pots without losing much time - genius reference btw :P)

As for puzzles - the only real advice anybody can offer is to know them.

When you're doing mediums - you should get most of them and you just sort of memorize (without trying really) how to do all of them.

Additionally, READ the trivia - DGS often posts tons of quicker/ingenous ways to do puzzles. I HIGHLY recommend reading all the past trivia (I learned a lot about ferret mechanics/etc)

One important thing is in larges. I notice that sometimes people either don't know how to do puzzles or they rather not. Often times, I'll see a puzzle room that somebody has come across but neither gated/reported/finished. Do not be afraid to learn (after all that's what DGS is all about). Do read the way to do puzzles for the ones you haven't done and approach them as soon as possible. TBH, it doesn't take more then two or three times to know how to do the puzzle pretty quickly.

--

In addition, don't look too much at a monster's weakness.

Other factors come into affect as well (accuracy mainly 2h vs. battle axe - so defense as well, level, etc)

Also when other people are on the team - it also affects what you attack and when.

For example, theres a zombie and a skeleton in a room. There's a 2h and a baxe, even though the skeleton is weak to crush - the baxe (whose crush is a lot closer to slash then the 2h is) targets the zombie because it has extremely low defense and the 2h gets the skeleton.

I'm super simplifying things - but if as you DG, you'll learn the ways to maximize DPS.

A lot of keyers will say what goes on what and over time you just will memorize everything.

capt%20kevin.png

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh I don't really want to do leech floors I really just want to get into serious dungeoneering and no-one seems to want sub-70 dungeoneers which is perfectly reasonable its just annoying to be stuck below this level were the experience is very slow.

As to the med floors I was really just doing these because it is hard to find a large floor below 30 and it is the best experience for me at the time.

Thanks for the advice about the skill doors that does clear that up very useful information. Also the urgency of 70 rc is obvious I will start work on this will be a good way to spend the time between my weekly dungeoneering experience from pengs and tears :P.

I imagine with the DPS tips you have given me and better use of gatestones I could probably cut my times down to 13-15 minutes. The only real reason the floors take me longer is at this level I am still coming across new challenge rooms that I need to look up. Altogether thanks for the help.

Add me in game, Tieszen, and I'll do c1s with you/ duo meds with you. Duoing makes the floors much more bearable.

Trolling by giving good advice since April 2011.

The Blog - Currently Cleaning Herbs

Bladewing.png

Awesome thanks for that. I have got a hectic work schedule at the moment so for the next 1 or 2 days I may or may not be on that much depending on how I sort things out I'll definitely give you an add though and look forward to DGing with you.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

How do I join the clan chat? (I've never joined a clan chat before)

Clan chat, the then yellow dot to join as a guest.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Ps whatever happened to the research about C6 smalls 5:5 being more efficient than larges?

I think it was debunked, but when it comes to this thread, you can't say anything in certainty without plenty of people flaming you.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Ps whatever happened to the research about C6 smalls 5:5 being more efficient than larges?

I think it was debunked, but when it comes to this thread, you can't say anything in certainty without plenty of people flaming you.

C6 smalls are faster than C6 larges (hopefully!!) Thus, even though they may bring you faster experience, you have to do your C1/2s much more frequently. I don't have conclusive data to back this up, but I do know that C1s are the bane of Dungeoneering for me; I'd much rather be slightly inefficient and drastically more sane.

Our_Moon.png

C6's can be efficient if executed perfectly, but if so, it's still only a marginal benefit.

It's not so much debunked so much as it is, not really worth the effort.

You need pretty good DGers, and generally need a hex.

Teams for this can be hard to find, which I think is the biggest reason.

I would much rather C2 fish for the fishing xp personally.

Naaxi.png

C6's can be efficient if executed perfectly, but if so, it's still only a marginal benefit.

It's not so much debunked so much as it is, not really worth the effort.

You need pretty good DGers, and generally need a hex.

Teams for this can be hard to find, which I think is the biggest reason.

I would much rather C2 fish for the fishing xp personally.

Got it, thanks grimy. I C2 fish all my low floors as well.

Bladewing.png

Hi sorry guys I havent been doing much waiting for the reset.

c6 small frozen = not worth it (hence better c2'd)

ab1 smalls = very not worth it, 1 fast boss, the rest are slow and/or high deaths.

furnished smalls = appear to be on par with abandoned larges (ie better then).

ab2 smalls = You need hexers for the bosses, otherwise it doesnt seem to be worth it

occult/warped havent tried yet. (<<<< EDIT I think occult will be as good as furnished, flesh is easy and not too slow and thunderous is both easy and fast!)

IN GENERAL:

more hexes the better and also you'll need generally high skills in the team for bonus doors. Doubt its worth it w/o at least 1 hexer and 1 person with high herblore

You can help out by doing furnished smalls :P ill put pictures of every small I do after the reset!!!

A NOTE: If you c6 small furnished and up you will pretty much HAVE TO c2 fish your frozen's and ab1's (and maybe ab2's) for maximum efficiency or your better of doing larges.

Im trying atm to prove however that doing c6 small furnished > c1'ing them!

another edit: Total dg exp/hour can be calculated by exp you get in a ring reset divided by time it takes you - (this is why c2'ing your frozens/ab1's/ab2's may be pretty important if you c6 small everything else.)

For furnished, you would keep doing f26-29, right? Night-Gazer seems like the most desireable boss to me.

For furnished, you would keep doing f26-29, right? Night-Gazer seems like the most desireable boss to me.

Lexicus is a much better boss with hex, I think he's floor 20-22 or something.

Night gazer is very slow, I'd rather sagittare personally. Night gazer is hexable but is still very slow, similar to world gorger kinda.

On a 5:5 night gazer is a lot nicer than solo, but I'd still at the very least do floors from 20-22 5x with a hexer.

siggya.png

Lexicus is a much better boss with hex, I think he's floor 20-22 or something.

Night gazer is very slow, I'd rather sagittare personally. Night gazer is hexable but is still very slow, similar to world gorger kinda.

On a 5:5 night gazer is a lot nicer than solo, but I'd still at the very least do floors from 20-22 5x with a hexer.

True, Night-Gazer isn't exactly the fastest, but I reasoned that he might still be more desireable since Lexicus floors run a higher risk of [cabbage]heads like Stomp.

I'd do 26-29 one time, then 19-22 two times.

Stomp is ovverated hes easier in a c6 then i c1 in a way (ggs at one lode, everyone gates the other)

And then the rift splitter is very fast (especially with emp fires) as well as rammernaut (esp with emp fires)

1 hex + 1 emp fire will rock, too much gaunts though tbh its like the standard now.

quick tips for furnished bosses if you wanna try it out:

1. Riftsplitter: Spread out and if hes looking at you dont stop moving and running around while you attack him, the worst portal he uses is the stat reducing one (alot of stat reducing). You dont wanna get hit. Magic is incredibly accurate. always leech defence/magic

2. Stomp: Pray range when hes attacking, ggs at one lode, everyone gates the other, stand in critical spots where the rocks can fall (you'll see the shadows come) and tank the damage.

3.Rammernaut: Same as riftsplitter really, spread out, leech defence/magic and use magic (I use hex with rigour its pretty accurate)

4. Lexicus: When he says book barrage, run to a safe place where noone was standing before, wait for the books then go back and attack him.

5. Sagittaire: Nothing special.... just whack him, leave ggs at end stairs. You can gate the entrance or something if you wanna get to his teleport faster.

6. Night gazer: pray magic and light pillars... like normal...

I'd do 26-29 one time, then 19-22 two times.

Stomp is ovverated hes easier in a c6 then i c1 in a way (ggs at one lode, everyone gates the other)

And then the rift splitter is very fast (especially with emp fires) as well as rammernaut (esp with emp fires)

1 hex + 1 emp fire will rock, too much gaunts though tbh its like the standard now.

quick tips for furnished bosses if you wanna try it out:

1. Riftsplitter: Spread out and if hes looking at you dont stop moving and running around while you attack him, the worst portal he uses is the stat reducing one (alot of stat reducing). You dont wanna get hit. Magic is incredibly accurate. always leech defence/magic

2. Stomp: Pray range when hes attacking, ggs at one lode, everyone gates the other, stand in critical spots where the rocks can fall (you'll see the shadows come) and tank the damage.

3.Rammernaut: Same as riftsplitter really, spread out, leech defence/magic and use magic (I use hex with rigour its pretty accurate)

4. Lexicus: When he says book barrage, run to a safe place where noone was standing before, wait for the books then go back and attack him.

5. Sagittaire: Nothing special.... just whack him, leave ggs at end stairs. You can gate the entrance or something if you wanna get to his teleport faster.

6. Night gazer: pray magic and light pillars... like normal...

To add to the stomp section. You can completely avoid his range attack in the final phase, the one that moves slowly. Just take two steps away.

Bladewing.png

To add to the stomp section. You can completely avoid his range attack in the final phase, the one that moves slowly. Just take two steps away.

This is in all phases and is what he does to clear the rocks. He is more likely to use this attack if you are out of melee range. And yes, it is completely avoidable.

siggya.png

This is in all phases and is what he does to clear the rocks. He is more likely to use this attack if you are out of melee range. And yes, it is completely avoidable.

Actually there are 2 types of ranged attacks: one where you can't avoid but can completely block with protect from range (the normal one) and one where it moves slowly and you have to dodge the attack (the one in the red phase). Regarding the latter if you don't move out of the way it damages you 1/4 of your maximum LP, 1/8 with protect from range on.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

What exactly is the reasoning behind the hex-2h combo over the hex-baxe combo and is it significant enough to keep 2h as my weapon bind if I were to get a blood necklace for my 4th bind, even though baxe is better dps with any sort of added strength bonus?

Pfohlol.png

110704234418.png

For the weekly trivia, what happens if the blood rager is not in that specified green zone?

Will the blood rager ever move around to cause you to get hit if you're running to hide behind pillars, etc?

I don't think it matters if the rager is in the right area or not, only you. The rager not being behind the pillars will not get you hit.

What exactly is the reasoning behind the hex-2h combo over the hex-baxe combo and is it significant enough to keep 2h as my weapon bind if I were to get a blood necklace for my 4th bind, even though baxe is better dps with any sort of added strength bonus?

The reasoning is a) hexers do not have a csb to mage melee resistant monsters, which is especially important on solo paths where you really don't want to call the whole team for a t11 warrior.

and b) hexers wear dino armour a lot, which has negative melee accuracy, which affects the baxe far more.

It's up to you whether you think baxe is worth it.

For the weekly trivia, what happens if the blood rager is not in that specified green zone?

Will the blood rager ever move around to cause you to get hit if you're running to hide behind pillars, etc?

The bloodrager shouldn't get stuck behind the pillar, you should be calling it and selecting attack the first time you attack thunderous. The exact mechanics are weird, but pretty much you are the one who has to be in the green zone, not the bloodrager.

siggya.png

So, if Thunderous yells come closer, and you run back but the familiar doesn't - it's all goodie right?

And if your familiar starts off the fight just wandreing around, Thunderous won't start maging everybody in sight?

I'm assuming if you own the rager - and you're not in the green spot, he'll start maging you?

Sorry, for all the questions but it didn't really mention what happens other then using the rager to attack Thundy.

Just a thought, it might even be overkill but if one or two people have ragers - would it make more sense for the rest of the group to have slingers.

I've read in this thread (or maybe a different DGS thread) that blood ragers and death slingers have equal dps, and since you can only lower defense so much - would it be better to grab some death slingers and try to proc some of that poison damage?

-I understand that familiars may not always be made before hand but if you just happened to come across all the secondaries needed.

Thanks a lot for the contributions!

capt%20kevin.png