Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

Not having a hood is no problem at all when you join the clan. Using the fact that you don't have one as a crutch, though, is. So if you accept the fact that you'll die slightly more(although it's great for you to learn proper surviving and combat techniques), it will be a non-issue.

How do people do that combat technique where you attack a melee monster then run a few steps away and attack in again without it hitting. I tried it and it seems impossible :mellow: Or maybe I imagined seeing someone do it :blink:

Kiting is done either by walking under the opponent(with the right speed weapon, speedy weapons having the advantage here) or by walking behind an obstacle(used at blink, for example), slow weapons being better for this. You can practice the latter by picking up food from 2-4 squares away and not losing any speed or practice the first by rapiering zil and walking under her.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this might be too early to ask, but are people interested in establishing a DGS Citadel? Maintaining it would be a nice thing for people to do while they're waiting for floors.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I know this might be too early to ask, but are people interested in establishing a DGS Citadel? Maintaining it would be a nice thing for people to do while they're waiting for floors.

I plan to live there on release till we have the max citadel, all clan members are welcome to join me.

Not having a hood is no problem at all when you join the clan. Using the fact that you don't have one as a crutch, though, is. So if you accept the fact that you'll die slightly more(although it's great for you to learn proper surviving and combat techniques), it will be a non-issue.

How do people do that combat technique where you attack a melee monster then run a few steps away and attack in again without it hitting. I tried it and it seems impossible :mellow: Or maybe I imagined seeing someone do it :blink:

This is a combat technique where you attack, run away, wait for the monster's hp bar to disappear (its like 5 seconds) and then attack again and run. You should never get hit doing this as long as where you run to is a safespot

I would only ever recommend this if you're out of supplies somewhere and really don't want to leave (fight caves for example, i used the technique in 2006 to save supplies when i was a low lvl)

I've also used this technique a couple times before when I was on a long solo path that's about to de and am out of food/prayer.

I also think there was a similar technique for barrows for a while that I used, can't remember the details though. It was patched, though.

siggya.png

I would have joined but u shouldn't make it a clan chat because a lot of people hang out with their buddies and their own clan in clan chat, clans like yours are supposed to be friends chats. The reason being is i wanna be able to leave and join as i wish... Your kind of trapping us in a clan chat lol....

No offense...

?? You can join a guest chat. Besides, shouldn't your buddies hang out in friends chats? That's why they are called friend chats, right?

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I would have joined but u shouldn't make it a clan chat because a lot of people hang out with their buddies and their own clan in clan chat, clans like yours are supposed to be friends chats. The reason being is i wanna be able to leave and join as i wish... Your kind of trapping us in a clan chat lol....

No offense...

DGS caters mostly towards its more hardcore userbase,

We actually warn/ban/unrank players if we find them too casual, depending on how casual.

Usually one of the admins has a conversation with the individual to explain the motives of DGS before we take these actions.

There's still a lot of casual players in DGS, but that's because we don't actively ask our players how casual/hardcore they are.

So Walletz, would you consider yourself a casual gamer?

If so you should probably talk to one of the admins in PM.

Naaxi.png

Previously the wingmen recommendation system was private and only ranked wingmen/keyers could recommend a new wingman. We have changed our policy and allowed recruit ranks to recommend us wingmen/women.

A short description of what you should be looking for in a potential wingman:

-Wingmen / Wingwomen:

Wingmen are lieutenants (bronze stars) in the clan chat. Wingmen are recommended by Dgsers and ultimately chosen by admins based on their skill and knowledge of dungeoneering. There is no formal application or test - rather, the potential wingman should do his/her best to perform the functions of the rank in order to be noticed and recommended by keyers. All keyers (ranked or not) should designate at least one wingman at the start of every floor.

The wingman will serve several functions in support of the keyer:

In the case that the keyer disconnects, the wingman becomes the default keyer.

The wingman must understand and utilize intelligent map-reading during floors.

The wingman must watch the team closely so as to make corrections or give advice to teammates on efficient room-clearing. Similarly, wingmen must possess knowledge of combat mechanics such as side-stepping, trampling, and safe-spotting so as to teach their teammates as necessary.

The wingman should direct the team in the absence of the keyer. For example, the wingmen should be able to assign paths, tasks, or gates to teammates (unless the keyer says otherwise, of course). This includes breaking the team up if more than one person is at a puzzle or running a path.

The wingman must be able to educate the team on efficient puzzle-solving, which means knowing how each puzzle works and the various tricks to speed them up.

The wingman must possess miscellaneous knowledge such as efficiently making potions, ranged armor, ragers, and altars, as well as when it's appropriate to do so, if at all.

If you know any people that you think could be up to the wingman rank - send a private message to one of the Dgs admins here on Tipit (or that other site which shall not be named in fear of another 1 month ban for posting a link)

Our profiles are:

Michael,

Cheeesy,

Obtaurian

Beware the fleshy tentacles and such.

Reposting on the new page.

C1Geq.png

Thought this was interesting. DGS's ranks on the clan high-scores for every skill:

XP total: 4

Attack: 20

Defense: 31

Strength: 10

Constitution: 15

Ranged: 12

Prayer: 12

Magic: 27

Cooking: 64

Woodcutting: 23

Fletching: 10

Fishing: 9

Firemaking: 17

Crafting: 3

Smithing: 17

Mining: 3

Herblore: 19

Agility: 3

Thieving: 7

Slayer: 8

Farming: 7

Runecrafting: 6

Hunter: 6

Construction: 4

Summoning: 8

Dungeoneering: 4

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Thought this was interesting. DGS's ranks on the clan high-scores for every skill:

XP total: 4

Attack: 20

Defense: 31

Strength: 10

Constitution: 15

Ranged: 12

Prayer: 12

Magic: 27

Cooking: 64

Woodcutting: 23

Fletching: 10

Fishing: 9

Firemaking: 17

Crafting: 3

Smithing: 17

Mining: 3

Herblore: 19

Agility: 3

Thieving: 7

Slayer: 8

Farming: 7

Runecrafting: 6

Hunter: 6

Construction: 4

Summoning: 8

Dungeoneering: 4

Ah [bleep] we suck at cooking.

Damn.

No moray potatoes for us, that's why we're only rank 4 and not rank 1 in Dungeoneering, we die too much!

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

So leech floors (where you pay) aren't allowed now.

But what if the keyer requests he/she solo's a 5:5 large, except when emotes and switches come (duh)? I've seen it done before, is it still allowed? Note that this is done as a self-imposed challenge, so yea.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

But what if the keyer requests he/she solo's a 5:5 large, except when emotes and switches come (duh)? I've seen it done before, is it still allowed? Note that this is done as a self-imposed challenge, so yea.

I've seen these being done too, and it can be used to further the abillities of the keyer/soloer.

But I'd assume the banning of leech floors in the cc is based on several factors, the main one that stands out to me is that if these floors are advertised in the cc it would attract people to the cc who are going against the clans aims and objectives (striving to become elite dungeoneers etc).

With solo larges there is no payment, so floors are often done among friends who are established in the cc and known to be following the clans ethos, and in the long run the experience each player earns for the others (over many proper floors, and the occasional solo large) becomes balanced.

Join "DGS" Guest Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn

WarpedHeroKeyer16.pngblood_neck.png

I've seen these being done too, and it can be used to further the abillities of the keyer/soloer.

But I'd assume the banning of leech floors in the cc is based on several factors, the main one that stands out to me is that if these floors are advertised in the cc it would attract people to the cc who are going against the clans aims and objectives (striving to become elite dungeoneers etc).

With solo larges there is no payment, so floors are often done among friends who are established in the cc and known to be following the clans ethos, and in the long run the experience each player earns for the others (over many proper floors, and the occasional solo large) becomes balanced.

Does the Keyer also solo gd's?

Is this really just a way for the keyer to actually do largers since you can't actually do a solo large?

capt%20kevin.png

@ Litter,

Go to w117/148, advertise the floor you want to do

Invite the randoms, check that their stats are all lower than yours

Enter the floor as normal, then make fun of them and go to lobby

Log back in 30 seconds later and you have a solo large to yourself

siggya.png

@ Litter,

That's how I get primal guants/arrows/ccs hunts

@ Litter,

Which you have 15 minutes to complete and can't do lever or emote rooms in. :rolleyes:

10xy5fk.png

@ Litter,

Which you have 15 minutes to complete and can't do lever or emote rooms in. :rolleyes:

Timer disappears if everyone goes to the lobby.

siggya.png

Will I need to do a few dungeons with you guys before I am invited? I've dunged with DGS before but I doubt anyone remembers me. My RSN is david103548.

Read the guidelines....(and this applies to almost all questions concerning the clan itself).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.