Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

I think you should PM an admin so we can work out who you're talking about first, and whether they're actually members or not.

I didn't screenie the floor, nor do I remember the names, nor do I think it matters tbh. I only brought it up because I think it would be a good rule to institute regardless. I have nothing against the people in question.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Provided any neccessary info regarding keys or doors is in a language the entire floor understands, why does it matter if they want to talk to their friends about an irrelevant topic in a different language?

10xy5fk.png

Provided any neccessary info regarding keys or doors is in a language the entire floor understands, why does it matter if they want to talk to their friends about an irrelevant topic in a different language?

Would you like to be in a floor where half of the chat is in a language you didn't even know? That isn't enjoyable for anyone but you and your friend. Not to mention that chitchatting mid floor in a different language and switching back and forth for different types of commands would be confusing to anyone not in your conversation.

Mach_One.png

hU6h3.pngnsYsa.png

Would you like to be in a floor where half of the chat is in a language you didn't even know? That isn't enjoyable for anyone but you and your friend. Not to mention that chitchatting mid floor in a different language and switching back and forth for different types of commands would be confusing to anyone not in your conversation.

I'm 98% sure I know who Hump is talking about here, and, if I'm right, this player has brought many of their non-DGS friends who follow different "rules" into floors advertised in the DGS chat before. If anything gets added to the guidelines about conversing in English, I'd also ask that something be added about making it clear when a Skype floor is being advertised (i.e., Occ+2+Skype).

Our_Moon.png

I'm 98% sure I know who Hump is talking about here, and, if I'm right, this player has brought many of their non-DGS friends who follow different "rules" into floors advertised in the DGS chat before. If anything gets added to the guidelines about conversing in English, I'd also ask that something be added about making it clear when a Skype floor is being advertised (i.e., Occ+2+Skype).

Don't people always advertise it with skype if they are using it?

Mach_One.png

hU6h3.pngnsYsa.png

You have time in a floor to chitchat? XP waste.

Doing GD's, monoliths, anything that's considered downtime in a dungeon.

Hell, personally I take any opportunity I can to chitchat to make the dungeon fly by. lolz.

Still, doing the floor is top priority. Obviously.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Doing GD's, monoliths, anything that's considered downtime in a dungeon.

Hell, personally I take any opportunity I can to chitchat to make the dungeon fly by. lolz.

Still, doing the floor is top priority. Obviously.

unless it's 1way any chitchat will cover up useful info to the keyer/team that's being given by teammates on other paths.

Blatant advertising! You are going down, [bleep]!

As for using different languages to randomly(as in not regarding the floor) chatting in dungeons, grow a pair if you don't like it...or just learn the language. If everyone has read the guidelines and can use the dungeoneering language for the floor itself, it should all be fine.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

uses for personal gatestone?

Blink

Grooves

Lodestone-hoping if you [bleep] up

Safe teleport out if you're a moron

Thunderous if you're slow or have bad internet.

Suggestion for trivia for next week: using your personal gatestone you can do the grooves room and take 0 dmg.

I learnt this trick when i was watching gywn doing that room lol.

not really that useful if you have gated something though

And considering you should ALWAYS have something gated...

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

If everyone has read the guidelines and can use the dungeoneering language for the floor itself, it should all be fine.

I never saw the keyer telling another person to gate something, but I assume they did. The fact that I didn't know other people's gates was pretty unhelpful, seeing as it's a really simple thing to just stick to a language that everyone can understand.

Your teammates should be paying enough attention to see everything that's said in the chat.

Do I really have to read every foreign sentence they say when I understand none of it, and actually use brainpower trying to convert what little I can from their language into something that makes sense to me?

Suggestion for trivia for next week: using your personal gatestone you can do the grooves room and take 0 dmg.

This sounds wonderful! I've never heard of/seen this. Could you tell now? :S

uses for personal gatestone?

Blink

Grooves

Lodestone-hoping if you [bleep] up

Safe teleport out if you're a moron

Thunderous if you're slow or have bad internet.

I volunteer to vid this.

ZMFg2.jpg

Oooooookay, about the whole speaking English during floors thing . . .

Firstly, this is the first time I've heard of this happening in DGS. The only explanation I can think of for how this could even happen (and as Moon touched on) is that the four other players were friends, and most likely non-DGSers. This is a problem for two reasons:

1. Obviously non-DGSers in DGS floors is not good, and people need to advertise their floors as such (warped+2, 3bo; occult+2, non-dgs; etc).

2. It should be extremely obvious to everyone that you need to speak a language that everyone can understand. In the vast majority of cases, this means speaking English.

Idle chat isn't necessarily a bad thing during floors, but it absolutely cannot be disruptive. Personally, I would tell my team to shut the [bleep] up, but that's me.

So in conclusion - don't be an idiot and speak a language that some of your teammates can't understand, and definitely don't invite your non-DGS friends into DGS floors without telling the clan chat. That's incredibly disrespectful to both the chat and the players who join that floor. We're a very closed clan chat for a reason. If I find out which DGSer is responsible for this, I will be talking to him/her.

- Obt

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Oooooookay, about the whole speaking English during floors thing . . .

Firstly, this is the first time I've heard of this happening in DGS. The only explanation I can think of for how this could even happen (and as Moon touched on) is that the four other players were friends, and most likely non-DGSers. This is a problem for two reasons:

1. Obviously non-DGSers in DGS floors is not good, and people need to advertise their floors as such (warped+2, 3bo; occult+2, non-dgs; etc).

2. It should be extremely obvious to everyone that you need to speak a language that everyone can understand. In the vast majority of cases, this means speaking English.

Idle chat isn't necessarily a bad thing during floors, but it absolutely cannot be disruptive. Personally, I would tell my team to shut the [bleep] up, but that's me.

So in conclusion - don't be an idiot and speak a language that some of your teammates can't understand, and definitely don't invite your non-DGS friends into DGS floors without telling the clan chat. That's incredibly disrespectful to both the chat and the players who join that floor. We're a very closed clan chat for a reason. If I find out which DGSer is responsible for this, I will be talking to him/her.

- Obt

Discipline me, Jimi, I need a good spanking!

td2sig.jpg

The only explanation I can think of for how this could even happen (and as Moon touched on) is that the four other players were friends, and most likely non-DGSers.

obviously one of them had to be from dgs because calisme said he joined a floor advertised in dgs and one of those four had to be in the cc to advertise

no spam please

PlRATESHIP.png

no spam please

Does this clan ever relax? DGS of itself seems very uptight...

Why do you care? This is the the dgs thread where they would prefer good questions to be asked, and helpful posts to be made, rather than have it full of spam. They're not "uptight" in the clan chat, but here it would be annoying for newcomers who have questions to be potentially ignored, and for useful posts to be left behind.

C_ac_t_u_a_r.png

Obt, I forgot to add "Hgtb" to the list of useful acronyms, and I've been excluding all sorts of players from floors due to them not knowing what it means. (Whoops, sorry!) Would you mind adding it sometime?

Our_Moon.png

Obt, I forgot to add "Hgtb" to the list of useful acronyms, and I've been excluding all sorts of players from floors due to them not knowing what it means. (Whoops, sorry!) Would you mind adding it sometime?

harpycopy.png

fyi, ladies dig the talons

Hot man of the Trickster Pirates.