Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

What is sidestepping? Trapping melee enemies between attacks to equalise attack speed?

In a nutshell, side-stepping means using other monsters or players as safespots. If no-one walks on top of a monster/player (this is called trampling), it can be used in such a way. Monsters move east and west first, so side-stepping refers to walking around a monster to trap other monsters behind it. This is extremely useful in GDs, merc rooms, ramo rooms, etc.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monsters move diagonally first; they fixed monsters moving east/west with the runetek 5 update.

What I meant was that you have to trap them either east or west of you.

dgs5.jpg

No you don't. In order to trap monsters behind other monsters they have to be in a north/south lineup.

D'OH, you're right. Getting all mixed up. I blame lack of sleep.

dgs5.jpg

About the spear, its stab option seems to be redundant (why'd you remove the rapier if it wouldnt?), which leaves crush and slash, in which both 2h and b axe excel because of the berserker ring.

Primal maul might only be better on t11 rangers and maybe some bosses but crush only hits decent (I have experience with mauls ;) ) on bosses with next to no defence at all. Might be worth testing with 99 attack. I've only ever seen one other person with a maul, who bound a 2h shortly after when I told him his attack level wasn't low enough.

I don't have data but you said so yourself that baxe is better than maul in every situation at some point, and I don't see how spear could be better than rapier in any way.

gonna answer both your questions here.

Maul doesnt require 99 attack. And maul could be better on things search as max level earth warriors, certain bosses, fire giants, etc.

But we're not really certain on what it's better on.

the cutoff between maul and baxe seems in the ~150 crush defense rating area.

Now it's a matter of finding out what is around the 150 crush rating area, and is still worth crushing on.

Recent calculations points towards the spear being better than the rapier at 60-90 stab defense rating. Which is a trivially low defense rating.

Hence we're now disowning the rapier completely since baxe beats it for slash, and spear beats it for stab.

As for whether or not having a weapon that you'd only use for stab is justified, we really need to find out if there's anything out there that's stab weak, and if so just how stab weak.

Naaxi.png

A tip for people who struggle with the 'powering the central light' puzzle, if you click to charge the lodestones when the moving lights are at the stage just before they enter the centre, the light you have just clicked will be in time with previous moving lights.

ichigosig2da4.jpg

A tip for people who struggle with the 'powering the central light' puzzle, if you click to charge the lodestones when the moving lights are at the stage just before they enter the centre, the light you have just clicked will be in time with previous moving lights.

I took a short video of this, I can make it into a gif if people want it.

Sounds like a good idea for the weekly trivia although they don't seem to want to update that atm for some reason :P

ichigosig2da4.jpg

Sounds like a good idea for the weekly trivia although they don't seem to want to update that atm for some reason :P

Yeah we've been kinda busy with other things lately. :( We're more than open to suggestions for the trivia.

dgs5.jpg

Yeah we've been kinda busy with other things lately. :( We're more than open to suggestions for the trivia.

I've posted several suggestions on the forums of doom in the DGS section.

Idk if any of them are good enough to be trivia, but worth a shot.

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

Maul doesnt require 99 attack.

What I meant to say is that it hits a lot better at 99 than 60 attack.

What about sag shortbow +sag arrows as 3rd bind?

That is another possibility that could be researched. But my hopes for that aren't any higher than for primal spear.

Naaxi.png

Any research done on primal longsword? Its slash is similar to primal baxe and the stab has stats similar to primal rapier on t10 zerk.

If I recall correctly, t10 zerk is +20% on the str bonus of weapons... and 134 is more than 20% of 109.

I can see it being used with primal maul, tbh. Not so high hopes though.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Any research done on primal longsword? Its slash is similar to primal baxe and the stab has stats similar to primal rapier on t10 zerk.

If I recall correctly, t10 zerk is +20% on the str bonus of weapons... and 134 is more than 20% of 109.

I can see it being used with primal maul, tbh.

I've always thought it was a boost to level. But I guess I never researched it thoroughly.

Who told you this?

primal longsword can't stab on aggressive unfortunately. That's the main reason it's never considered.

As for the slash, baxe is up to 3% better on low defense.

but longsword is up to 1.5% better on high defense.

I might look into the possibility of primal longsword + maul being a viable combo.

But this seems unlikely because the +6% dps from the primal baxe + gaunts combo is still extremely potent.

Naaxi.png

Grimy bunyip the evil queen of efficiency has set up a Hiscores spreadsheet for the Dgs ranks. If you're interested in seeing where you're placed (wingmen/mods/keyers only, sorry.), check it out here:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aq4cbmjYgBekdDdzcDZBckhwZkJGSVh4b09fX0ZuMmc#gid=2

It'll also show the weekly gains of each rank on the delta tab.

Thanks!

Repost for any ranks who'd like to see their place on the hiscores of Dgs.

C1Geq.png

Question(s) regarding Hex (probably been asked million times before), but what bosses should be Hex'd? And in gds what exactly should be hex'd and how should it be prioritized?

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Question(s) regarding Hex (probably been asked million times before), but what bosses should be Hex'd? And in gds what exactly should be hex'd and how should it be prioritized?

Read Obtaurian's third bind guide in the metagame section of the forums, it will most likely answer all of your questions.

abandonnedherokeyer15.png

Is the Urn half empty or half full?

dgsl.jpg

Monsters: Forgotten mages, necros, dragons, demons, hobgoblins (optional), brutes, books, skeletal mages (with ranged armor/potion), reborn mages, ghost room ghosts (except level 199 ghosts), ramokee stormbringer, ramokee skinweaver, mercenary leader.

Bosses: Shadow-forger, Pummeler, Geomancer, Bulwark (after breaking armor), Skeletal Horde, Cursebearer, Skeletal trio sorcerer, Necrolord, Runebound Behemoth, Gravecreeper (with boosts, armor, or ragers), Flesh-spoiler, Blink (with boosts, armor, or ragers), World-gorger (needs at least three hexes to be effective), KalGer (mage form).

10xy5fk.png