Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should really only ever make two to three ragers and one set of scrolls.

Don't forget about advertising range familiars- even if you make crimson ones(buying logs from store) they'll have great dps in gd's.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Don't forget about advertising range familiars- even if you make crimson ones(buying logs from store) they'll have great dps in gd's.

when should you make ranged familiars? or is it a joke?

AbandonnedHeroDpser22.pngWarpedHeroDpser20.png

Quick question:

What is a good way to start off a dung? I'm talking about the first 15-30 seconds. I really don't have a set plan down, but want to get an idea of what DGS expects from the beginning.

Grab katagon arrows/kata item from the start, buy tk/ess, make like 10 cosmics, put down your gate at home tele and instantly run to the first gd/skill door you can do. Tele back to home tele to finish making your runes when there's downtime (no gds/you're not needed for a skill door)

What the best Floors to get a shadow hood?

F30-35. Do them as larges, and when you can't get a team & want to hunt for hoods, do them as mediums.

C1Geq.png

Quick question:

What is a good way to start off a dung? I'm talking about the first 15-30 seconds. I really don't have a set plan down, but want to get an idea of what DGS expects from the beginning.

Most people spend way too much time in the start room, which is a huge mistake. At the very most, grab one item off the start table so you can buy a toolkit and immediately start opening doors and running paths. Your priority is to open the floor up for the keyer, and as soon as there are no GDs, go make your runes so you can continue running paths. It especially bothers me when people with high totals are chillin' in the start room making runes, 'cause they're usually the only ones who can open the floor up for the keyer (assuming the keyer isn't maxed or doesn't have the highest total).

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Ranged familiars have by far the best dps of summons, so they are worth making in situations where you already have enough(2-3) ragers or are doing floors where you aren't likely to need ragers(tf and necro). Getting logs is usually easier than it is to get ore, too.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Ranged familiars have by far the best dps of summons, so they are worth making in situations where you already have enough(2-3) ragers or are doing floors where you aren't likely to need ragers(tf and necro). Getting logs is usually easier than it is to get ore, too.

they don't actually have better dps xpx, recent research shows they have the same max hit and same attack speed as ragers.

Naaxi.png

Recently I've been trying to learn to key Small , Med and large Dungs on w117 ( my urge to punch people in the face through the computer has risen up a lot! ) my question is, what is the most time all three of these should take if the teams were near perfect.

Also seeing as its w117 what would good times be on them for that world?

Thanks for any help if possible.

xSoulgazer

Elysian Sigil ---- 11/24/10 ---- 550M

it depends on the theme/layout tbh

Med: Furnished and abn2

Large: occult

Assume the worst possible layout.

xSoulgazer

Elysian Sigil ---- 11/24/10 ---- 550M

then hours?

one way ramo/merc rooms forever.

Most of the keyers in DGS can usually pull a sub 30 with a competent team

It also depends on the kind of rooms you get and the boss

If you're averaging 30 and improving your game all the time - it's probably a pretty good sign?

capt%20kevin.png

DGS keyer logs indicate an average floor time of 25.86 minutes for ranked keyers.

This data, however, includes joke floors that we do for fun.

And does not include information on all of our keyers, such as toad.

I'd say the true average is more around 24-25 for ranked keyers.

And 26-30 for unranked.

Naaxi.png

Been getting alot of the really low abandoned bosses so posting this to help out people.

Bulwark: First person in prays melee and after that the person getting 'looked at' (the tank) by bulwark prays melee. Everyone else prays range the whole time. Unless you have a good magic bonus (ie you looted spiritblooms) dont bother maging him at all. Seems to do a lot less damage if you all pray range and spread out around him so its clear who has to pray melee.

Horde: Fast weapons rock as opposed to slower weapons, they seem to be incredibly weak to range/magic also (for skeletons at least) try and leave 1 type till last and pray against it, ie: kill mages as first priority and pray range (with meleers second priority)

Hobogoblin geomancer: Seems to have lots and lots of ranged defence but seems to be easy to hit with slash (with 2h). Ragers make this boss alot easier. He doesnt seem to heal of turmoil but turmoil flash if your low hp/food otherwise if you think u can live you might wanna try regular turmoiling. Seriously I dont think ranging with hex is worth it (except if he holds you to the spot) unless his defence has been lowered alot and/or you have rigour.

Also with shadow forger i have no idea still how the hell to reduce the chance of dieing other then spreading out and praying range but there must be some way to do it... maybe if you all synchronised meleeing it like thunderous he might blob out alot less but i honestly dont know... he does too much damage...

Been getting alot of the really low abandoned bosses so posting this to help out people.

Bulwark: First person in prays melee and after that the person getting 'looked at' (the tank) by bulwark prays melee. Everyone else prays range the whole time. Unless you have a good magic bonus (ie you looted spiritblooms) dont bother maging him at all. Seems to do a lot less damage if you all pray range and spread out around him so its clear who has to pray melee.

Horde: Fast weapons rock as opposed to slower weapons, they seem to be incredibly weak to range/magic also (for skeletons at least) try and leave 1 type till last and pray against it, ie: kill mages as first priority and pray range (with meleers second priority)

Hobogoblin geomancer: Seems to have lots and lots of ranged defence but seems to be easy to hit with slash (with 2h). Ragers make this boss alot easier. He doesnt seem to heal of turmoil but turmoil flash if your low hp/food otherwise if you think u can live you might wanna try regular turmoiling. Seriously I dont think ranging with hex is worth it (except if he holds you to the spot) unless his defence has been lowered alot and/or you have rigour.

Also with shadow forger i have no idea still how the hell to reduce the chance of dieing other then spreading out and praying range but there must be some way to do it... maybe if you all synchronised meleeing it like thunderous he might blob out alot less but i honestly dont know... he does too much damage...

all looks good, exept for 1 line. the one about not hexing unless you have RIGOUR, wont rigour heal him?

meamzed.png

If you're quite with forger and/or use gates you can avoid his ranged attack.

Best possible team will average around 18 minutes.

I average 22 minutes when I only take people that I know.

Bullseye is definitely a unique keyer.

And DGS floors are admittedly not up to the quality of floors that you'll find bullseye and turner nic in.

According to Toad, bullseye claims and has demonstrated the ability to predict when wings will dead end.

Toad thinks this is because he has some secret knowledge of how floors generate themselves, and is able to predict based on that.

That is possible, but determining that would be a fairly challenging feat without knowing how the game is coded.

The other possibility is that bullseye uses embedding to hack a floor map prior at the start of each floor.

Regardless, he refuses to explain how he does this, even though he claims the ability to do so.

Also, that's a floor 15.

DGS might research the possibility of being able to read floors in the future.

Cheesy's doing guide mode research right now for other purposes.

But I'm not exactly fond of going on a wild goose chase to end up finding out that some guy is just cheating or something.

Naaxi.png

In the common abbreviations section, it says to not make bloodragers without scrolls. Since ragers are very useful to have in gds should this statement not be changed?

D'oh, you're absolutely right. Changing it now. :thumbup:

Ragers without scrolls are also good to have at Gulega if you're a few scrolls short and not everyone can use them since familiars do double damage.

Although unless your DG has been really crappy on blue charms or there has been no time to mine prom/gorg, then there should be no excuse to not be able to make 5 ragers + 2 sets of scrolls relatively quickly in idle time.

1 Rager + scrolls against gulega is way better than 4 ragers w/o scrolls.

@ Art and obviously you could average <2 mins for floors if you did c1s.

I've dnged with a couple of those guys before and they're very good - but most people don't do abd1 for their larges so obviously games isn't talking about averaging 18 mins for abds. You can definitely average sub 15 abd1.

Edit: Although I do think the best players can average under 18 for warps/occ.

siggya.png

If you're quite with forger and/or use gates you can avoid his ranged attack.

Best possible team will average around 18 minutes.

I average 22 minutes when I only take people that I know.

Bullseye is definitely a unique keyer.

And DGS floors are admittedly not up to the quality of floors that you'll find bullseye and turner nic in.

According to Toad, bullseye claims and has demonstrated the ability to predict when wings will dead end.

Toad thinks this is because he has some secret knowledge of how floors generate themselves, and is able to predict based on that.

That is possible, but determining that would be a fairly challenging feat without knowing how the game is coded.

The other possibility is that bullseye uses embedding to hack a floor map prior at the start of each floor.

Regardless, he refuses to explain how he does this, even though he claims the ability to do so.

Also, that's a floor 15.

DGS might research the possibility of being able to read floors in the future.

Cheesy's doing guide mode research right now for other purposes.

But I'm not exactly fond of going on a wild goose chase to end up finding out that some guy is just cheating or something.

I've personally DG'd with him for around 10 floors and I don't think it's a coincidence he knows exactly when to move the GT. Normally you'd have someone hold for the next GD/move right away and let a free gate get the door, but even during a GD that could conceivably have 10+ doors behind it he knows it'll DE. <_<

As for the 18 minutes is the best possible average statement, that's completely false. Even with the possibility of GD spam, one way ghosts etc., there's almost always a way to keep the time below 18.

all looks good, exept for 1 line. the one about not hexing unless you have RIGOUR, wont rigour heal him?

Geomancer doesn't appear to regain HP from his prayer disabling attack unless you have a protect/deflect prayer up.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.