Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

A recent experience of mine with DGS (forewarning, pretty bad language upcoming):

Here's where I first started making record of these kids. I teleported to a gd about 10 seconds late (literally), and this is what I was met with:

chat1a.png

A few minutes later, I again teleported to gd (on time this time around), and this was said:

chat2n.png

A few more minutes later, the key for my personal gate came up. I ggs'ed, and grabbed my key. Before I could even finish my teleport, let alone get to the door, this came up:

chat3u.png

This was less than 30 seconds after the previous picture. In the meantime, I had unlocked my door, and entered to see what was there and regate - I was killed almost instantly (that's what happens without food, right?) and I got this ration of garbage:

chat4.png

Finally, here's how the dungeon ended. Notice that despite a 28 minute large, I was killed FIVE times. The others died more than I did.

endfw.png

Easily the worst large I have ever done. Best part? Here are their dg levels: 114, 105, 104, and 104.

Additionally, DGS was built around the principle of teaching people to dg well. New dgers tend to do things wrong because they're learning, right? Here's what a DGS rank (Tui) has to say about doing things wrong with the clan:

If you don't like being yelled at when doing something wrong don't dg with us.

You're free to go to non-rush teams on rsof or w117.

Pretty classy clan you got goin' on here' date=' huh?

[/quote']

It's easy for you to create a winning argument by just filtering through all of the information down to a few selective screenshots, and basing it ALL on one dungeon.

I've DGed plenty of times with USA, and if he's calling you those things you PROBABLY did something to deserve it (like afking or idling)

Those are the only times I was spoken to - was I supposed to quote calls for doors and keys instead? :rolleyes: I did nothing to deserve the flames - I was being flamed before I even finished crafting cosmics/astrals in the start room.

If it took you more than 15-30 seconds to make astrals and cosmics in the start room when there was a GD to be done (which sounds exactly like what happened, I don't believe your "flamed for no reason" story at all), then yeah, I think it would be justified to be angry at you for wasting time.

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You were supposed to be willing to learn. We gave you a chance and then you gave up.

Cussing me out for making astrals is giving me chance? HAHAHAHA

I don't remember anyone "cursing you out for making astrals." I'm sorry but a 15 second reaction time to gtgd or moving the gt to your gate completely ruins floor times and people who do that are unwanted. I'd understand if it was different techniques that you needed help with but your problem was using the same amount of effort in the dungeon that you would use towards woodcutting Ivy, and that doesn't fly.

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

There's cake through here, apparently.

bruno i do plan to get 70 rc shortly as due to quite a bit changes since i've been around it seems to be surgebox or bust :P

rs name is Bro Pal

I was mainly curious if there was something easily obtainable like prom rapier, gaunts etc that I was missing from my list

Is this for third bind or 2nd? Sorry, can't recall, but if it's 3rd, bind gaunts for now, until you get more optimal levels. If it's 2nd, of course bind a plate if you don't have a hood (I don't think this is what you're talking about but there it is anyway.)

This is for 3rd bind and he's 75def so kata guants are probably [cabbage].

harpycopy.png

fyi, ladies dig the talons

Hot man of the Trickster Pirates.

A recent experience of mine with DGS (forewarning, pretty bad language upcoming):

Here's where I first started making record of these kids. I teleported to a gd about 10 seconds late (literally), and this is what I was met with:

chat1a.png

A few minutes later, I again teleported to gd (on time this time around), and this was said:

chat2n.png

A few more minutes later, the key for my personal gate came up. I ggs'ed, and grabbed my key. Before I could even finish my teleport, let alone get to the door, this came up:

chat3u.png

This was less than 30 seconds after the previous picture. In the meantime, I had unlocked my door, and entered to see what was there and regate - I was killed almost instantly (that's what happens without food, right?) and I got this ration of garbage:

chat4.png

Finally, here's how the dungeon ended. Notice that despite a 28 minute large, I was killed FIVE times. The others died more than I did.

endfw.png

Easily the worst large I have ever done. Best part? Here are their dg levels: 114, 105, 104, and 104.

Additionally, DGS was built around the principle of teaching people to dg well. New dgers tend to do things wrong because they're learning, right? Here's what a DGS rank (Tui) has to say about doing things wrong with the clan:

If you don't like being yelled at when doing something wrong don't dg with us.

You're free to go to non-rush teams on rsof or w117.

Pretty classy clan you got goin' on here' date=' huh?

[/quote']

It's easy for you to create a winning argument by just filtering through all of the information down to a few selective screenshots, and basing it ALL on one dungeon.

I've DGed plenty of times with USA, and if he's calling you those things you PROBABLY did something to deserve it (like afking or idling)

Those are the only times I was spoken to - was I supposed to quote calls for doors and keys instead? :rolleyes: I did nothing to deserve the flames - I was being flamed before I even finished crafting cosmics/astrals in the start room.

If it took you more than 15-30 seconds to make astrals and cosmics in the start room when there was a GD to be done (which sounds exactly like what happened, I don't believe your "flamed for no reason" story at all), then yeah, I think it would be justified to be angry at you for wasting time.

Hevendor, if you have a problem with me or any other DGSer, please pm either an admin (key rank in the cc), mod (gold star in the cc), or me in this case, rather than posting it on this thread.

Thanks!

USA Hell Yes

You were supposed to be willing to learn. We gave you a chance and then you gave up.

I don't remember anyone "cursing you out for making astrals." I'm sorry but a 15 second reaction time to gtgd or moving the gt to your gate completely ruins floor times and people who do that are unwanted. I'd understand if it was different techniques that you needed help with but your problem was using the same amount of effort in the dungeon that you would use towards woodcutting Ivy, and that doesn't fly.

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

It severely inhibits the rate that the floor opens up, the keyer cannot do as much, so yes, it does affect floor times

Also it does not show that you have the right attitude because if you think it's fine to waste 15 seconds here or there, sooner or later it will add up.

It's fine to mess up, and apologize for it, i've personally done it a multitude of times, but to just get so defensive about it to the point that you make screenshots and try to defame DGS is wrong.

If you have any issues, you're free to PM any of the ranks in-game or use the PM system on TIF, but this is not the right place to do things.

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

First thing, how many cosmics/astrals did you make? Secondly, if you had time to take multiple screenshots during the dungeon then you obviously weren't paying full attention. Thirdly, this should be done over pm, not in this thread.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

It severely inhibits the rate that the floor opens up, the keyer cannot do as much, so yes, it does affect floor times

Also it does not show that you have the right attitude because if you think it's fine to waste 15 seconds here or there, sooner or later it will add up.

It's fine to mess up, and apologize for it, i've personally done it a multitude of times, but to just get so defensive about it to the point that you make screenshots and try to defame DGS is wrong.

If you have any issues, you're free to PM any of the ranks in-game or use the PM system on TIF, but this is not the right place to do things.

I'm a bit more inclined to apologize when a) I make an honest mistake, which I didn't b) I'm not met with a flamestorm upon said mistake.

First thing, how many cosmics/astrals did you make? Secondly, if you had time to take multiple screenshots during the dungeon then you obviously weren't paying full attention. Thirdly, this should be done over pm, not in this thread.

1) 50 of each 2) Are you really trying to make the argument that hitting control-shift-3 one time requires attention? 3) Not when it's showing how far this clan has strayed from the values it was built upon.

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

I'm a bit more inclined to apologize when a) I make an honest mistake, which I didn't b) I'm not met with a flamestorm upon said mistake.

1) 50 of each 2) Are you really trying to make the argument that hitting control-shift-3 one time requires attention? 3) Not when it's showing how far this clan has strayed from the values it was built upon.

Hevendor, you have already been asked kindly to use the proper channels of communication when dealing with a perceived problem of this nature. PM one of the admins or myself if you have a problem with a person in a dungeon. Do not continue posting your complaints on this thread.

wat trolls? where, is it a "troll invasion" ?

New minigame, it's northwest of Burthorpe as you're walking towards Death Plateau. Talk to one of the guys there, he'll explain it to you.

PM me for fitocracy invite

Hevendor, you have already been asked kindly to use the proper channels of communication when dealing with a perceived problem of this nature. PM one of the admins or myself if you have a problem with a person in a dungeon. Do not continue posting your complaints on this thread.

It's cute how civil you talk when everyone's watching!

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

Why is there so much flaming and insulting within DGS? Seems like you guys are always fighting :unsure:

People don't like it when you tell them they're wrong.

Metagaming communities are typically disliked by the general population.

For example, the metagame community on world of warcraft is called "elitist jerks" because a lot of people hate them.

The flaming comes inherently with any metagaming community.

At the end of the day, there's always people like hevendor that will explode with irrational rage if you so much as tell them they're doing something wrong.

And like every other metagaming community in pretty much every other game, there's not much we can do but ban people. Which we do on a very regular basis.

Naaxi.png

Why is there so much flaming and insulting within DGS? Seems like you guys are always fighting :unsure:

For example, the metagame community on world of warcraft is called "elitist jerks" because a lot of people hate them.

At the end of the day, there's always people like hevendor that will explode with irrational rage if you so much as tell them they're doing something wrong.

Ah, the queen of efficiency rears her ugly head. I've yet to explode with any irrational rage (before you go quoting a pm convo I had with tui, that was on something purely between him and myself irrelevant to this) but your clanners like usa hell yes seem to really like "exploding with irrational rage" as shown in the chatbox pics. It's a shame DGS leaders started listening to you :thumbdown: was a pretty decent community til efficiency and elitism took over (and to quell a few retorts before they surface: elitism doesn't have to come in the form of level reqs, many times it's an attitude, and a lot of DGSers show it.)

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

Ah, the queen of efficiency rears her ugly head. I've yet to explode with any irrational rage (before you go quoting a pm convo I had with tui, that was on something purely between him and myself irrelevant to this) but your clanners like usa hell yes seem to really like "exploding with irrational rage" as shown in the chatbox pics. It's a shame DGS leaders started listening to you :thumbdown: was a pretty decent community til efficiency and elitism took over (and to quell a few retorts before they surface: elitism doesn't have to come in the form of level reqs, many times it's an attitude, and a lot of DGSers show it.)

All of the efficiency elites are the ones who started this clan. Grimy, Obt, Cheesy etc. You [bleep]ed up in a dungeon and can't handle any sort of criticism, go cry somewhere else and don't let your skirt get caught in the door on your way out. And stop spamming this thread, some people read it to learn about dg, not to hear you [bleep]ing about not having the capacity to handle being told you screwed up.

Trolling by giving good advice since April 2011.

The Blog - Currently Cleaning Herbs

Bladewing.png

All of the efficiency elites are the ones who started this clan. Grimy, Obt, Cheesy etc. You [bleep]ed up in a dungeon and can't handle any sort of criticism, go cry somewhere else and don't let your skirt get caught in the door on your way out. And stop spamming this thread, some people read it to learn about dg, not to hear you [bleep]ing about not having the capacity to handle being told you screwed up.

Wasn't efficiency the entire point of dgs?

Actually, you're both incorrect. As Cheeesy has so eloquently and repeatedly pointed out, the main point of DGS was to teach people how to dg. Btw Jactise, cool your jets - you don't flame very well.

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

Actually, you're both incorrect. As Cheeesy has so eloquently and repeatedly pointed out, the main point of DGS was to teach people how to dg. Btw Jactise, cool your jets - you don't flame very well.

Jactise basically nailed it, but allow me to copy and paste the mission statement for you:

The purpose of the clan chat is twofold:

* To teach serious dungeoneers the various tactics and methods that allow for faster and more efficient floors.

* To provide a place for fast, efficient dungeoneers to find floors with other likeminded players.

You fail at both points.

You can't take criticisms, therefore you are not a serious dungeoneer, therefore we have no interest in training you.

Nor are you like minded.

We usually don't ban for just ignoring a criticism, although we can depending on the severity.

In your case you were asked to negotiate with the ranks and admins through private channels

But, you decided to post it on the forums instead.

We as a clan have no desire to train someone so volatile.

Thus you are banned.

Naaxi.png

To be fair, the others could have criticized Hevendor in a different tone. Although I can take that kind of tone quite easily, others might not, which inevitably causes people like him to rage all about it.

But yea Hevendor, the main point still stands - you still did something wrong and are not willing to accept it. Like mentioned earlier, 15 seconds may not seem like much, but over time it all adds up. Don't just think about how you would think in this situation, you gotta think about how the others would react too.

Anyways, I'll stop there. Let's drop the topic before it gets too out of hand...

---

On a different note, how often do 100+ skill doors/puzzles appear? Theoretically it should be 6/105 as there are 105 levels to choose from, but from experience they seem to appear way more than they should...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Hi guys,

I'd like to apologize for my recent disappearance from tif, as the tif admins had handed me a nice 3 week vacation from tif for posting a link to a certain site. :P

As you should be aware by now, we're trying to cut down on the spam in the dgs thread - It's drowning out the legitimate posters asking for help and advice on this thread - i.e:

-Example of a post that is not spam

bruno i do plan to get 70 rc shortly as due to quite a bit changes since i've been around it seems to be surgebox or bust :P

rs name is Bro Pal

I was mainly curious if there was something easily obtainable like prom rapier, gaunts etc that I was missing from my list

Is this for third bind or 2nd? Sorry, can't recall, but if it's 3rd, bind gaunts for now, until you get more optimal levels. If it's 2nd, of course bind a plate if you don't have a hood (I don't think this is what you're talking about but there it is anyway.)

This is for 3rd bind and he's 75def so kata guants are probably [cabbage].

-Example of a post that is spam, and that we don't really need.

wat trolls? where, is it a "troll invasion" ?

New minigame, it's northwest of Burthorpe as you're walking towards Death Plateau. Talk to one of the guys there, he'll explain it to you.

Also, if you do have any complaints about a rank or another Dgs member - Please do not post it on this thread. We are happy to deal with any problems you have about another member, but try to keep it out of the thread. We have our tif profiles linked on the first page so you can easily pm any of the admins/mods. We can't really do much for you when you start an argument on this thread and it really just hurts your case. Not to mention, it drowns out the legitimate posts on the thread.

C1Geq.png

On a different note, how often do 100+ skill doors/puzzles appear? Theoretically it should be 6/105 as there are 105 levels to choose from, but from experience they seem to appear way more than they should...

I'd think that the levels on skill doors are determined as being from specific "sets"

- a low level door everyone can do

- a door 4 of the 5 people can do

- a door 3 of the 5 people can do

- a door 2 of the 5 people can do

- a door 1 of the 5 people can do

- a door no one can do without potting

- a door that cannot be done at all (unless someone's maxed)

So I'm guessing that the pot requiring doors are generated out of this pool, rather than being based on specific levels.

When you receive XP from a door, you can -5 from it, then divide by 5 to find the actual level required for it.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Think of DGS as boot camp for Dungeoneering. The ranks are not there to be nice or to be your friends (although if you perform up to snuff, they are generally friendly and you can have a lot of fun). They are there to assist you, to train you in the art of efficient dungeoneering. That is their number one priority, and your number one priority is to listen to them and correct your mistakes. There will be times where they are unpleasant, deal with it or quit. DGS is only meant for the best of the best, or those who aspire to be such.

td2sig.jpg

DGS needs mod powers, the flaming on this thread is getting out of hand. Seriously, any complaints through PM, that hard to understand?!

On a more positive note: my exams are nearly done and I'll be able to dungeoneer again :-) Looking forward to it, hope I won't be too rusty.

Hevendor_Guy, here is a short list of the things i could gather of what you did wrong in that dungeon:

-Dealing with irl issues instead of focusing on the dungeon at hand(serious offense, learn to plan ahead, if you don't have a free 30 minute window, don't enter any dungeons)

-Being slow about responding to gtgd calls(mild offense, something you will get better at with experience)

-Being slow about getting a key for a door you gated(mild offense, again, something you can get better with experience)

-Not regating a door you gated(serious offense, you should ALWAYS create a gatestone after teleporting to a gate, which will be dropped upon death)

So, instead of focusing some foul language, maybe, instead, there was something wrong with you. The most serious offense, that i have yet to mention, is obviously your attitude, that is nothing of the kind that us in DGS like to see. If you make a mistake, you are expected to not take it personally, learn from it and apologize. What you have managed to stir up is the complete opposite of that.

As for profanity and cussing, it's allowed. DGS is a community that expects people to not get caught up in it and if people continually frustrate you and make loads of mistakes(which happens to be the case), i don't see anything wrong with it. Don't like it? then don't be an [bleep]...

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

-Not regating a door you gated(serious offense, you should ALWAYS create a gatestone after teleporting to a gate, which will be dropped upon death)

On a note totally unrelated to the drama, this has reminded me of something which I don't know whether it is common knowledge or not, but you can make a gatestone once you are over halfway through the teleport animation, saves time as you don't need to do it after you've teleported.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png