Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

I have a 2h and a prom plate bound. I have not yet found a hood and will bind that asap. In the interim, do I have permission to replace the plate with a prom rapier to perform the only job that an unhooded can perform optimally slightly better?

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 2h and a prom plate bound. I have not yet found a hood and will bind that asap. In the interim, do I have permission to replace the plate with a prom rapier to perform the only job that an unhooded can perform optimally slightly better?

Recent data collected by DGS members seems to indicate that there's virtually no monsters, save shades and and spiders, that have low enough defense to justify a rapier for the purpose of slash.

And stab is fairly redundant with celestial surgeboxes and hexhunter.

So no to the rapier.

You have no hood, so a plate is a reasonable idea as you will be tanking damage for the team.

Since you are tanking, take the opportunity to learn the nuances of knowing which prayers to use, when to safestep, etc.

For example, recent insight thanks to toad, which tui and I confirmed today, that skeletal mages deal ranged based magic attacks.

Which means even though you pray magic against them, platebody reduces accuracy of skeletal mages drastically, instead of increasing it.

So things like that. If you're going to tank, learn the nuances of tanking.

Naaxi.png

Wow. That skele mage info is definitely a shocker. I'm already proficient in nullifying up to two incoming attack styles at different timings while flashing piety but safestepping is something I should work on a bit.

Are there any decent resources on this subject? I haven't really found much clear information with regards to gd procedure other than target priority for different roles.

Wow. That skele mage info is definitely a shocker. I'm already proficient in nullifying up to two incoming attack styles at different timings while flashing piety but safestepping is something I should work on a bit.

Are there any decent resources on this subject? I haven't really found much clear information with regards to gd procedure other than target priority for different roles.

Clearing gds is a combination of target priority, room layout, and what monsters are in the gd, so the only way to learn how to clear them effectively is by doing a ton of gds.

JjdFj.png

Prepare yourself for an influx of noobs. We're going to be changing the guidelines on how to deal with newcomers to the cc in a bit, and recruiting new active moderators in the chat - I'll write up the mod recruitment post later today.

C1Geq.png

Fixed as in 3bo having 2.5x more dg xp than total xp...nice job :thumbsup:

Oh, and it looks like we have someone to kill on the total xp hiscores.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I just broke CCS for primal gauntlets.

I've used the staff for 100-104 Dungeoneering, but I've found that more than half the time I'm on a team with someone else with one, and I've also found that they're usually better at using it than me. I'm not great with ring switching in particular, (but I have improved quite a bit,) however I'm most concerned about not being the only staff on the team (even though I usually make fire runes in idle time anyway, so that is not a problem for 90% of the dungeons I do.)

Should I have broken it, or should I have just tried to continue with it? I mean, hopefully I'll get a BNeck or a Hex in the next few levels (I've seen enough damn gazers/edimmu anyway,) and I feel like I should give gaunts a shot - I don't know if this is the right attitude though. I know in particular that DGS needs more CCS's, but in the teams I usually go in, there is at least one already (as well as usually someone who makes an empowered fire staff as well).

I will still continue to make fire runes in idle time though.

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

I appreciate that you're going to have to bring in some more stringent guidelines in light of the high scores but there are people like me who have been lurking both in this topic and in the CC waiting for the right time to start training dungeoneering and so haven't made a name for themselves yet. Personally what's holding me back is having to train RC to 70 before I can become effective but I'm very willing to learn how to dung although I will require quite a bit of help from more experienced dungeoneers.

Basically, even if there is an influx of uncooperative people who make you want to pull your hair out, there are still going to be genuine people who want to join so please continue to be as open as you currently are.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

You can still be a decent dunger without 70 RC, that shouldn't hold you back at all.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

ok thanks :) didnt know about that punch thing :o sounds cool but i think ill stick whit the "attack when he does a special attack" thing so the mage attack if i fail dont kill anyone :)

Contrary to popular belief, his magic attack is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. It's irritating because it drains prayer points, but I believe it can't hit above 400. So unless someone is a complete derp and makes him mage several times, making him mage isn't the end of the world. Obviously it's important that you do your best not to make him mage, but that mistake is more forgivable than getting dragged or blown up.

Not really. Not only does causing him to mage mean you lose attack turns personally, it often kills those who entered the boss on low HP. Coming closer is by far the worst, though.

It is really annoying when i start to do thund with 0 food and <600 hp and get killed because of people getting me maged when i shouldn't take any damage at all in that boss, if you can't do thund, don't tf.

ok thanks :) didnt know about that punch thing :o sounds cool but i think ill stick whit the "attack when he does a special attack" thing so the mage attack if i fail dont kill anyone :)

Contrary to popular belief, his magic attack is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. It's irritating because it drains prayer points, but I believe it can't hit above 400. So unless someone is a complete derp and makes him mage several times, making him mage isn't the end of the world. Obviously it's important that you do your best not to make him mage, but that mistake is more forgivable than getting dragged or blown up.

Not really. Not only does causing him to mage mean you lose attack turns personally, it often kills those who entered the boss on low HP. Coming closer is by far the worst, though.

It is really annoying when i start to do thund with 0 food and <600 hp and get killed because of people getting me maged when i shouldn't take any damage at all in that boss, if you can't do thund, don't tf.

This.

Thundy is meant to be an extremely easy and quite quick (under 50 pp in 5-man team) boss, which is why some people do all their occs as tf. A large part of the easiness is the fact you don't need any food, and so, besides praying, there is no boss prep req (boss prep being looting food etc). The mage attack completely negates the no food req, and makes the boss alot more annoying

Join "DGS" Guest Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn

WarpedHeroKeyer16.pngblood_neck.png

We're going to be changing the guidelines on how to deal with newcomers to the cc in a bit

At last, I can finally justify my excessive questioning of new players! I can't wait to see what these come out looking like.

In other news, I'll be back on RS in 2-3 days. I've been looking for houses as I'll be moving soon. (There goes my summer.)

Our_Moon.png

That little GD discussion reminded me of something. Hobgoblins. Slash or crush?!

I believe with a 2h - you go with slash

Anyhow, I finally have internet connection again!

I was wondering - it seems like the choosing of the 3rd bind is dependent on the monsters on the floors.

It seems like on occults (I usually do them as ffs/tfs), that there are tons of spiders/shades/hellhounds that would make a rapier a decent choice for a bind

However, since DGS seems to advocate the gauntlet over the rapier - I was wondering, what are common monsters found in warped floors?

capt%20kevin.png

Is that listed in order of how common they are?

Additionally, is there any up to date guide on safespotting/sidestepping and all those things

I've tried trapping monsters but it doesn't seem all that useful so far.

I understand that it can be invaluable with a good team but I feel like in normal dgs - people just run around and click monsters when they can.

Not many people seem to pay attention to monster placement and as a result - things I trap get trampled and then it doesn't even make a difference.

capt%20kevin.png

Is that listed in order of how common they are?

Additionally, is there any up to date guide on safespotting/sidestepping and all those things

I've tried trapping monsters but it doesn't seem all that useful so far.

I understand that it can be invaluable with a good team but I feel like in normal dgs - people just run around and click monsters when they can.

Not many people seem to pay attention to monster placement and as a result - things I trap get trampled and then it doesn't even make a difference.

There's no up to date guide at the moment - Learning how to deal with monsters and use safespotting/trampling comes with experience, though.

Basically, even if there is an influx of uncooperative people who make you want to pull your hair out, there are still going to be genuine people who want to join so please continue to be as open as you currently are.

Yep, we will continue to be open to newcomers, just harsher on people who aren't from tif/that other site which shall not be named in fear of another month ban.

C1Geq.png

That little GD discussion reminded me of something. Hobgoblins. Slash or crush?!

Slash

Do you have data? If you don't, please don't make such a concise post without stating that you do not know this within a reasonable degree of certainty.

I was wondering - it seems like the choosing of the 3rd bind is dependent on the monsters on the floors.

It seems like on occults (I usually do them as ffs/tfs), that there are tons of spiders/shades/hellhounds that would make a rapier a decent choice for a bind

However, since DGS seems to advocate the gauntlet over the rapier - I was wondering, what are common monsters found in warped floors?

We sufficient data on hobgoblins.

Nor do we have sufficient data on the other monsters green has mentioned.

The same goes for the other monsters mentioned by mr greens.

I'd rather that DGS not take a stance on these monsters yet, and collect some data instead.

Naaxi.png

Slight revision to the keyer section of the guidelines. If you're interested in being a keyer, you may apply on Grimy's forum rather than the clan page. I've also updated (almost) everyone's names on the ranks lists. STOP CHANGING YOUR NAMES @@@@@@@@

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Slash

Do you have data? If you don't, please don't make such a concise post without stating that you do not know this within a reasonable degree of certainty.

We sufficient data on hobgoblins.

Nor do we have sufficient data on the other monsters green has mentioned.

The same goes for the other monsters mentioned by mr greens.

I'd rather that DGS not take a stance on these monsters yet, and collect some data instead.

Just my personal experience, I believe though that crush and slash are almost equal.

Robbstarkded.png