Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

Why is a prom 2h recommended but a primal b axe reccomended?

Going from primal 2h to b axe is

-22 str

-67 slash

-35 crush

faster hits

Going from prom 2h to b axe is

-25 str

-57 slash

-31 crush

faster hits

Pretty similar but I'm sure you have a good reason I'd just like to know what it is

O btw ty dgs got to T9 zerker today

If you turm/ss flash everything, like you should be doing (but very few people actually do), then baxe is a better bind. In your case, use the prom 2h until you get better at dungeoneering. Then consider the primal baxe. In truth, about 70% of the people in DGS should never touch the primal baxe because they don't know how to use it.

I do remember something about being able to use the baxe only if a ranked player recommends that you do so. (I know Cheeesy told me to swap my 2h for a baxe at level 90ish dging.) I don't know if this policy still exists, but I would definitely ask a ranked player before making the switch when you get level 87 dg.

Our_Moon.png

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is a prom 2h recommended but a primal b axe reccomended?

Going from primal 2h to b axe is

-22 str

-67 slash

-35 crush

faster hits

Going from prom 2h to b axe is

-25 str

-57 slash

-31 crush

faster hits

Pretty similar but I'm sure you have a good reason I'd just like to know what it is

According to the calculations and data we have, due to the specific defense ratings of different monsters in dungeoneering, a primal baxe will do very well in comparison to the prom 2h while the prom baxe would not. This is to do with the natural defense levels of many low defense monsters and even some issues with higher defense monsters. This is something purely related to our understanding of dps and accuracy and what the research data provides us with.

That said, again, i urge everyone to help grimy with his dungeoneering accuracy project to help us all with these specifics even more.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I personally value the str bonus over the speed in DG, so I'd say Prom Gaunts.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

Yeah and although the quote could be wrong, that's also a picture of Gandalf.. lol dats y its ironikz.

On another note I've quit dungeoneering :)

Why?

he got bored

Can I bind a primal battleaxe? :pray:

It's up to you. are you comfortable with your apm yet?

Is prom gaunts worth a bind if you have terrible luck with drops?

More specifically, prom rapier vs gaunts (w/2h)?

Just stick with it til you get primal. nobody's luck is actually different.

you just gotta accept the fact that sometime luck will bite you in the ass.

ya dont say...

Naaxi.png

Yeah and although the quote could be wrong, that's also a picture of Gandalf.. lol dats y its ironikz.

Why?

he got bored

ya dont say...

I do say, but I wasn't sure exactly.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

Why?

he got bored

ya dont say...

So rapier is completely out of the question?

I'd like to join dgs, but I need a lot of help learning how to rush effectively... I haven't really done much dging with other people... mostly solo rushing and with close friends. :unsure:

I'd also like help on what my binds should be... right now i have about 100 cosmics binded, and a gorg plate with prom 2h... I know that's bad but it was decent for when i solo'ed... any help on what to change would be appreciated.

Edited by mlskid

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

I'd like to join dgs, but I need a lot of help learning how to rush effectively... I haven't really done much dging with other people... mostly solo rushing and with close friends. :unsure:

I'd also like help on what my binds should be... right now i have about 100 cosmics binded, and a gorg plate with prom 2h... I know that's bad but it was decent for when i solo'ed... any help on what to change would be appreciated.

I'd keep the Gorg Plate till you get a Shadow Silk Hood. Swap the cosmics for laws too until you get 70 rc for Surgebox.

azeem1992.png

Read the guidelines listed on the first post of this page. There's a whole section on binds, there.

Our_Moon.png

Recent data on monster defense levels seems to indicate that most monsters don't have as low defense as we thought.

To the point that rapier (especially promethium) might not actually dish out damage faster than a promethium 2h, even on a max level range zombie, which should be one of the lower defense monsters in the dungeoneering batch.

This pigeonholes the rapier into a weapon that's useful for stabbing, and that's about it.

For now, based on what data is available, I'm throwing my support behind gauntlets over rapier.

But that may change when more data comes in, in the future.

I'd keep the Gorg Plate till you get a Shadow Silk Hood. Swap the cosmics for laws too until you get 70 rc for Surgebox.

Firerage, please stop giving advice on behalf of DGS.

There is neither a particular need to do so, nor are you particularly qualified to do so.

We have plenty of ranked keyers perfectly capable of giving good advice.

And if they are not available, there is always the guidelines.

if you did not did not read the previous post by Michael, here it is.

Hi guys,

Spam less please (Above two posts are an example of what needs to stop).

and yes, mc was referring to one of your posts in that quote.

Naaxi.png

this post is directed at grimy/obt/someone with strong bind knowledge specifically

currently i have prom rapier/2h/hood bound, and planning to start dunging again soon

reading the above posts rapier seems just about as useful as my fist, i am 63 rc(i think, haven't logged in in weeks) so ccs and surge is out of the question for now.

I am curious if there is a bind i'm missing that I could use in the mean time(hex/ccs being out of the question obviously) i know of gauntlets but the problem is I am 75 defence and do not plan to change that

thanks in advance

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

Recent data on monster defense levels seems to indicate that most monsters don't have as low defense as we thought.

To the point that rapier (especially promethium) might not actually dish out damage faster than a promethium 2h, even on a max level range zombie, which should be one of the lower defense monsters in the dungeoneering batch.

This pigeonholes the rapier into a weapon that's useful for stabbing, and that's about it.

For now, based on what data is available, I'm throwing my support behind gauntlets over rapier.

But that may change when more data comes in, in the future.

There is neither a particular need to do so, nor are you particularly qualified to do so.

if you did not did not read the previous post by Michael, here it is.

Hi guys,

Spam less please (Above two posts are an example of what needs to stop).

and yes, mc was referring to one of your posts in that quote.

Edited for possible pointless arguments, however, I will say this: What was so wrong about my advice that you had to be so indirectly rude to me?

azeem1992.png

There are some people that make me wish I could have an ignore list on tif :/

On topic: I noticed the trivia hasn't been updated in a while, my suggestion would be pictures of primal warriors, one with chain, other with plate and instructions on which to attack with what. I've noticed alot of people get confused about this (including me sometimes).

ichigosig2da4.jpg

On topic: I noticed the trivia hasn't been updated in a while, my suggestion would be pictures of primal warriors, one with chain, other with plate and instructions on which to attack with what. I've noticed alot of people get confused about this (including me sometimes).

I thought you can? What about the friends/enemies thing?

On another note: I'm back kids

this post is directed at grimy/obt/someone with strong bind knowledge specifically

currently i have prom rapier/2h/hood bound, and planning to start dunging again soon

reading the above posts rapier seems just about as useful as my fist, i am 63 rc(i think, haven't logged in in weeks) so ccs and surge is out of the question for now.

I am curious if there is a bind i'm missing that I could use in the mean time(hex/ccs being out of the question obviously) i know of gauntlets but the problem is I am 75 defence and do not plan to change that

thanks in advance

Blood necklace. Or get 70 runecrafting. What is your rsname?

Want 107 by the end of this week for Georger (6 days for 4 levels.)

Got no work shifts, i'm off from uni, parents are out of town, and there are no good parties this weekend.

Challenge accepted.

That's a lot of xp, good luck

Mach_One.png

hU6h3.pngnsYsa.png

I calculated before how much time an ovl saves, I can't remember how much it was but it was lower than the time taken to leave and re enter by a few ( <10) seconds meaning you shouldn't leave a row. BUT as grimy said 47 is 2.5% better xp so you are leaving for more xp not just an ovl. I'd say the time saved is minimal and you're better off doing 45-47 to not lose momentum as grimy said

How the hell did you calculate how much an ovl saves?

I'm a little confused with the 47 is 2.5% better exp. If you keep doing fl 47 - don't keep getting the exp for 47 ticked off.

You get a different floor with its base exp accounted for no?

Reposting this as no one seems to have replied. :P

Read the guidelines listed on the first post of this page. There's a whole section on binds, there.

The guidelines on the first page don't mention anything about second binds, maybe you should read them. :P

You have the time to complain about Fire_R_A_G_E's advice (which he didn't state was on behalf of DGS, despite your claims), but you don't have the time to give mlskid feedback on what binds he should have? And don't even try to mention the guidelines, they don't say anything about second binds, which is what he's asking about. Ammo bind-wise, Fire_R_A_G_E effectively quoted word-for-word what your guidelines say, so maybe you should reread (or rewrite) them if you have a problem with the advice he was giving.

10xy5fk.png

I calculated before how much time an ovl saves, I can't remember how much it was but it was lower than the time taken to leave and re enter by a few ( <10) seconds meaning you shouldn't leave a row. BUT as grimy said 47 is 2.5% better xp so you are leaving for more xp not just an ovl. I'd say the time saved is minimal and you're better off doing 45-47 to not lose momentum as grimy said

How the hell did you calculate how much an ovl saves?

I'm a little confused with the 47 is 2.5% better exp. If you keep doing fl 47 - don't keep getting the exp for 47 ticked off.

You get a different floor with its base exp accounted for no?

Reposting this as no one seems to have replied. :P

The guidelines on the first page don't mention anything about second binds, maybe you should read them. :P

You have the time to complain about Fire_R_A_G_E's advice (which he didn't state was on behalf of DGS, despite your claims), but you don't have the time to give mlskid feedback on what binds he should have? And don't even try to mention the guidelines, they don't say anything about second binds, which is what he's asking about. Ammo bind-wise, Fire_R_A_G_E effectively quoted word-for-word what your guidelines say, so maybe you should reread (or rewrite) them if you have a problem with the advice he was giving.

He told me that my advice "wasn't as detailed as I would want." Not everything needs to be explained in full detail for the question to be answered. I don't see anyone complain on other threads about my advice so I don't see why DGS should.

azeem1992.png

My profile>profile>manage ignored users>add whoever you wish. You can't ignore mods or admins but any regular user you can. It will just collapse their post into a bar that asks if you wish to view it.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!