Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

Well, I announced to the cc when I got 89. Someone was doing a tf, and asked me if I wanted to go. I said yeah let me c1 one really quick, which I did with Acherhar (thanks), and then did the TF. Everyone on the team saw me get the level, saw me say I've only done one tf, and saw the keyer invite me, within a 3 minute window. Otherwise, I wouldn't have posted if those weren't the circumstance.

I know I need to practice, and I have been. I can do a solo small c6 perfect without messing it up after a couple more tries today :thumbup:

People freak out ALOT of thunder :mellow:

Last time I was in a dg, everyone except me got grabbed at once... and yah, people were mad. *shrugs*

Staurolite.png

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to landing an untrimmed Dungeoneering cape tomorrow. I don't even have any other skills over 90, thanks to you guys. Making me waste all of my time in these bloody dungeons.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I seem to never get survivor on warps (and im sick of often dieing 3+ times!!) and im close to c1'ing my abandons.

So what is dgs's opinion on getting 99 defence and swapping hood for sagittarian body.

Hood seems to be the best in abandons, but then its usefulness in occults is just 'after the mages in a gd are dead u can 1by 1 kill the skeletons/zombies..'

(also im breaking hood anyway at 120 when i see a blood necklace!)

I seem to never get survivor on warps (and im sick of often dieing 3+ times!!) and im close to c1'ing my abandons.

So what is dgs's opinion on getting 99 defence and swapping hood for sagittarian body.

Hood seems to be the best in abandons, but then its usefulness in occults is just 'after the mages in a gd are dead u can 1by 1 kill the skeletons/zombies..'

have fun trying to do puzzle rooms with a bajillion monsters all aggro'ed on you D:

capt%20kevin.png

And making your team clear mimes and other rooms that you can't do because every monster and their mother wants to kill you. Dying less requires practice. Breaking the best defensive item in dungeoneering for a less useful item is not the way to go.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

You make sense and everything but u also reduce damage with having a body.

I think people just havent tried it out enough and just assume its worse... but idk.

As for puzzle rooms it depends on the circumstances whether hood > sagi body or otherwise. Lots of times i love my hood lots of times i hate it!!

and for mimes thats trivial!! In general i really wanna try sagi body! i know bu11seye doesnt have hood etc (but he does suicide to be fair).

I'm in DGS atm, so could anyone be my wingman? :P

EDIT: Since I'm still getting tokens for t8 Zerker and t8 Gatherer, can I still DG with you guys? I currently have t7 Zerker and t6 Gatherer.

....Anyone?

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

You make sense and everything but u also reduce damage with having a body.

I think people just havent tried it out enough and just assume its worse... but idk.

As for puzzle rooms it depends on the circumstances whether hood > sagi body or otherwise. Lots of times i love my hood lots of times i hate it!!

and for mimes thats trivial!! In general i really wanna try sagi body! i know bu11seye doesnt have hood etc (but he does suicide to be fair).

It's tried by everyone who gets unlucky with hood drops, including myself. Jettrider lost his hood in a bind crash and suicided around 14m exp to get it back. He told me on more than one occasion that it was miserable. You also have to consider that in teams with four hoods and one non-hood, you will be RAPED in every room. Every single monster will target you, and your sagi body does not stop rangers and warriors in the slightest. People who suicide 24/7 don't necessarily need hoods, but for everyone else, it's a requirement.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

ok no worries then ill stick to hood.

I just honestly believe in warps hood is very limited (not useless) because everything hits hard!

also who else noticed theres only 3 things that use range, skeletons, zombies and rangers (haha hoodlove) LOL

I guess no one. :(

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

ok no worries then ill stick to hood.

I just honestly believe in warps hood is very limited (not useless) because everything hits hard!

also who else noticed theres only 3 things that use range, skeletons, zombies and rangers (haha hoodlove) LOL

You can always try running without a hood. (just take it off but dont destroy it)

You won't see how much the value of the defense in the sag armor is but it's not a terrible way to gage what's going to happen.

Or if people are crafting you body loselessly - take it off when you get a body.

I guess no one. :(

You guess no one what?

Go into the channel, wait until somebody calls for a floor you want.

Do a few floors with others and observe exactly whats going on.

Then feel free to key your own.

Or you can key locc's. A lot of people who don't have access to TF wouldn't mind doing it.

You don't have to prepare so much - just go try it.

There's only so much you can learn by theorizing about it. The most important thing is practice.

capt%20kevin.png

I feel more comfortable asking here for some reason, but alright.

azeem1992.png

The problem is your dging skills rather than your binds. I'm assuming that you means 3 deaths per floor keying, perhaps take a few days out to just focus on conserving hp dpsing and then try to incorporate those skills into keying. If all else fails just spam for teammates to heal you in gds n stuff =p

ichigosig2da4.jpg

im fine at not dieing just in warps its incredibly hard to not die and go fast at the same time.

idk about u but i have full inventory slots and space for about 4 fish at a time these days because i make unfs and try and make ragers etc and warp stuffs rape

edit: ill b more specific, im often carrying so much stuff such as unf potions and seconds etc so its rare for me to have lots of free spots for fish. As for keying i have more space... but well im keying and if the team is slow to gtgd, the 133 shade + pick + mage kills me (happened yesterday for example)

im fine at not dieing just in warps its incredibly hard to not die and go fast at the same time.

idk about u but i have full inventory slots and space for about 4 fish at a time these days because i make unfs and try and make ragers etc and warp stuffs rape

edit: ill b more specific, im often carrying so much stuff such as unf potions and seconds etc so its rare for me to have lots of free spots for fish. As for keying i have more space... but well im keying and if the team is slow to gtgd, the 133 shade + pick + mage kills me (happened yesterday for example)

I know what you mean, I'm often in a similar position in terms of invent spaces, snaping and dino gear and other rager stuff defo takes up alot of space. From the sound of things what I said initially still stands, obviously shades rape but that's a given, remember to make the most of safespotting melee monsters and dragging your intended target behind a wall to minimise damage taken. If you're having to wait a long time for your team to gt to a gd then either they're a bad team and you need to take a few seconds out just to explain how important it is to gt promptly or you should just do your best to hide in the gd/an adjacent room while they come.

ichigosig2da4.jpg

btw heres something i 'discovered' as well.

If everyone on the team has a high enough herblore level its very very worth it to drop 'excess' lycos and winters (from seeds) on ground and let them make unfs (everyone should have 3 vials of water from start imo). If everyone is carrying seconds like they should and have high enough skills, no more 'mgt to 93 wc then gt 93 wc etc' (on path)! otherwise you just make strong melees!

also buckthorns are worth planting if noone wants to suicide, but everyone will have to make their own rejuv potions as the seed planter will just drop clean buckthorns on the ground in a gd etc and the rest just make unfs and then rejuvs.

this is awesome if u have a boss like thunderous where u can hence turm the whole time because your whole team is turming and most of you have melee pots ready turns a 1min boss into a 30 sec boss :D.

Also I copy tui for time saving (except suiciding) :P eyebeam for speed and toad for... everything, his word is law (except for no ragers on occs!!).

I didn't used to notice - but recently, I've been trying to notice all the herbs and pick them up.

It seems that not many other people do, but I'll usually get 1/2 lycos and 1/2 magebanes in a floor as well as a couple of lower leveled herbs i don't always pick up.

I think that if everybody carries one or two vials and every1 focuses and plant herb seeds asap, then you should be good for most things.

If everybody in the dg carried three vials to make herb pots - it's kind of overkill. (As far as I can tell, there's like 3ish pots needed for doors/puzzles and sometimes it's a little higher)

capt%20kevin.png

its not overkill no, everyone (maybe not keyer) should be carrying 3 vials of water imo. You sacrifice 2 spots doing this that is all. (tip: drop the feathers u get from tk and theres 1 free space)

as for seed planting it is overkill if more then 2 people do it, 1 person is plenty.

and assuming everyone gates ht at start, soon as u get enough cash buy seconds (if you dont have high skills just buy 2x claws for melee + rejuv) on ur first trip back to ht to make runes.

Also dont rush drops for coins when u have enough, if noone else takes then take it.

Don't you need feathers for the fishing ferret puzzle?

I cant be certain on fish ferret but im 100% sure you dont need feathers on pondskaters.

also making a melee pot for clearing depends on your skills total and availability of pots on your team obviously.

If your low total and theres plenty of pots, make a pot to clear with (or if you just leech of keyer and just do gtgd's etc just make a pot or w/e)