Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

I thought it might be better if he did a few floors since he said he only keyed for his friends and they ended doing almost an hour floors.

I'm not really good at this whole dging business but one things for sure - talking about it in chat won't help.

Just go out there and do a few floors.

I actually like when people yelled at me - you tend to remember those outbursts more then people prompting you in dgs.

Generally, the people who get really really angry are the people who have a great deal of experience and are giving you a great deal of insight.

capt%20kevin.png

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In addition to Thai's question's-

The overload lasts for 5 minutes

You have to leave the DG (run off the balcony and jump off - even though you were orginally underground wut?)

Go to the bank and withdraw an overload - use it and drop

Reinvite everybody and choose the floor

Assuming regrouping takes a minute or so - you realistically have less then 5 minutes (you won't always encounter a gd right at ht - although they're not always far apart) to regain a minute in time lost + more time to account for the overload

It's probably not worth it to overload and regroup

Unless you can somehow predict where the boss might be and if you reach the boss and do some appreciable damage in less then 5 minutes

^which may well be the case depending on what the critical path data shows :P

I calculated before how much time an ovl saves, I can't remember how much it was but it was lower than the time taken to leave and re enter by a few ( <10) seconds meaning you shouldn't leave a row. BUT as grimy said 47 is 2.5% better xp so you are leaving for more xp not just an ovl. I'd say the time saved is minimal and you're better off doing 45-47 to not lose momentum as grimy said

Well first of all, a big thanks to DGS for being awesome and helping me get dat rapier faster than I thought possible :thumbsup:

Second, I just keyed my first floor ever, is there a medal for most red ever? <_<

firstkeylol.png

Thanks again to the rest of the team for putting up with me :P

He's actually pretty slow. :mellow:

He gated a door and didn't get the key from the keyer later even though the guy was holding it for quite a while, then he was maging a warrior and after that continued to mage a dog in the room. When the keyer called him to open an agility door he didn't respond, so someone else did it. He's got a battleaxe too, and not a 2h, and I don't see him flash SS at all.

I get the feeling that he either doesn't pay much attention or has some terrible connection.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I will find a floor on DGS. I guess I come in at the wrong time cuz no one is offering floors when I'm on lol.

I was in the chat for about an hour earlier today while you were, and I saw a plethora of abandoneds, low occults, and high occults come and go, and you never spoke up. Not to mention the fact that you didn't start your own floor, which would make more sense considering you want to be a keyer. I even told you to start a floor while we were in the chat. Please stop making excuses.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

In addition to Thai's question's-

The overload lasts for 5 minutes

You have to leave the DG (run off the balcony and jump off - even though you were orginally underground wut?)

Go to the bank and withdraw an overload - use it and drop

Reinvite everybody and choose the floor

Assuming regrouping takes a minute or so - you realistically have less then 5 minutes (you won't always encounter a gd right at ht - although they're not always far apart) to regain a minute in time lost + more time to account for the overload

It's probably not worth it to overload and regroup

Unless you can somehow predict where the boss might be and if you reach the boss and do some appreciable damage in less then 5 minutes

^which may well be the case depending on what the critical path data shows :P

I calculated before how much time an ovl saves, I can't remember how much it was but it was lower than the time taken to leave and re enter by a few ( <10) seconds meaning you shouldn't leave a row. BUT as grimy said 47 is 2.5% better xp so you are leaving for more xp not just an ovl. I'd say the time saved is minimal and you're better off doing 45-47 to not lose momentum as grimy said

How the hell did you calculate how much an ovl saves?

I'm a little confused with the 47 is 2.5% better exp. If you keep doing fl 47 - don't keep getting the exp for 47 ticked off.

You get a different floor with its base exp accounted for no?

capt%20kevin.png

Well first of all, a big thanks to DGS for being awesome and helping me get dat rapier faster than I thought possible :thumbsup:

Second, I just keyed my first floor ever, is there a medal for most red ever? <_<

firstkeylol.png

Thanks again to the rest of the team for putting up with me :P

That's not too bad for a second time through. Nice level mod =O.

Our_Moon.png

That's not too bad for a second time through. Nice level mod =O.

First time actually, my wording was a little confusing. And thanks :) The team was a big part of it, there was just a 100+ construction door that we didn't manage to open in the 1 minute after 4 people ended, haha.

@ Obt: I usually don't speak up, but yeah, I should stop making excuses. Seems I've been doing that a lot lately. However, I don't do it on purpose. I am a pretty shy person and usually don't feel comfortable speaking up, especially in a new CC. BUT, I will try to ask to join a floor whenever I'm allowed back on rs without getting kicked off by my parents. :P

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

I usually don't speak up, but yeah, I should stop making excuses. Seems I've been doing that a lot lately. However, I don't do it on purpose. I would tell you the true reason, but I'm not sure if I should.

dg or don't dg. just pick one.

dgs5.jpg

I usually don't speak up, but yeah, I should stop making excuses. Seems I've been doing that a lot lately. However, I don't do it on purpose. I would tell you the true reason, but I'm not sure if I should.

I updated the post you quoted me on btw. :P

I can tell you're frustrated me and for that I'm sorry. :/

EDIT: Also, I never said I wouldn't DG, and you can't really blame me for having parents who are unpredictable..

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

2 eddi 1 soul dry today so far, in like 5 floor wut? jaggex trolling me

They be trollin you.

azeem1992.png

u remind me of dumbledore.

do-or-do-not.jpeg

Who is dumbledore?

azeem1992.png

Hi guys,

Spam less please (Above two posts are an example of what needs to stop).

This, and to add to it, sometimes the spam posts bury the legitimate questions, which is a real problem. Try not to post random pictures or information that doesn't really contribute to the thread. If you want, use my blog to post random floor pictures and stuff, but we'd prefer to keep this thread as clean as possible. Thanks.

dgs5.jpg

do-or-do-not.jpeg

Wasn't that Yoda?

To be constructive, I was wondering how I can start DGing with you guys. I never really DGed much except doing it solo.

And a tip, why don't you guys use Teamspeak? Tip.it has one here. Appears to be down at the moment though. But, I have many public ones bookmarked. Allows you to talk to lots of people at once (not sure about Skype, I haven't used it at all even though I have it on my computer). Could be less laggy for those with bad computers.

j0xPu5R.png

Why is a prom 2h recommended but a primal b axe reccomended?

Going from primal 2h to b axe is

-22 str

-67 slash

-35 crush

faster hits

Going from prom 2h to b axe is

-25 str

-57 slash

-31 crush

faster hits

Pretty similar but I'm sure you have a good reason I'd just like to know what it is

O btw ty dgs got to T9 zerker today

DGS recommends Skype, and it's best that we keep to one VoIP program. It's hard enough to get people together who are ready and willing to use VoIP for a floor (although it does make Dungeoneering both more fun and more efficient), incompatibility between people will only increase the problem. The fact that the companies who offer these services don't seem to be bothering in making an industry standard means that this is going to be an issue for many years to come.

Teamspeak would have probably been a better standard in the first place since it's more optimised for use in games, but more people have and use Skype, and that, like it or not, takes a higher priority. If your connection's good enough to Dungeoneer (?) well, you should be perfectly fine for a Skype conference. Give it a try. icon_e_smile.gif

On another note, I'm going to join the exclusive Gorgonite Gauntlets 3rd Bind club when I get to 100. Or at least until I get my mitts on a Blood Necklace.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

do-or-do-not.jpeg

Wasn't that Yoda?

To be constructive, I was wondering how I can start DGing with you guys. I never really DGed much except doing it solo.

And a tip, why don't you guys use Teamspeak? Tip.it has one here. Appears to be down at the moment though. But, I have many public ones bookmarked. Allows you to talk to lots of people at once (not sure about Skype, I haven't used it at all even though I have it on my computer). Could be less laggy for those with bad computers.

Yeah and although the quote could be wrong, that's also a picture of Gandalf.. lol dats y its ironikz.

On another note I've quit dungeoneering :)

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Got bored of it?

azeem1992.png