Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

Was wondering if any of you would recommend buying any of the shields with spare tokens. To me, it seems Eagly eye kiteshield and Farseer kiteshield are both pretty good substitutes for spectral (if ranging with it) and arcane, with a little subpar stats but some damage absorption (and ranged attack for eagle eye). Also, pricewise, it seems a pretty decent deal: at 90 gp per token, they're 18m each, cheaper than the spirit shields (though not resellable). Idc too much about the 200k dg xp I could get, that's 1h of dungeoneering for me.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was wondering if any of you would recommend buying any of the shields with spare tokens. To me, it seems Eagly eye kiteshield and Farseer kiteshield are both pretty good substitutes for spectral (if ranging with it) and arcane, with a little subpar stats but some damage absorption (and ranged attack for eagle eye). Also, pricewise, it seems a pretty decent deal: at 90 gp per token, they're 18m each, cheaper than the spirit shields (though not resellable). Idc too much about the 200k dg xp I could get, that's 1h of dungeoneering for me.

what would you use the shields for?

Naaxi.png

what would you use the shields for?

Mainly for just messing around. Bit of castlewars/clanwars with the farseer, or whenever else I'm maging. Maybe some nex with eagle eye (is it any good there?), or when messing around at cwars/clan wars.

So yeah, really nothing that I absolutely need them for, they would be really just another fun item to waste my tokens on.

I also saw two gazers today (only seen four in total).

In other news, here's a "proper" floor like Rocked/xpx/Mc/Grimy have been talking about. F46, Thundy boss, one death (Obat's).

64692166.jpg

Yay.

Our_Moon.png

Has cleaned over 50 k herbs with AHK and not been banned. Same with dropping granite and fish while doing my C2's

It's obvious that there are still many botters out there. Just because they haven't been banned either, does not make their actions right.

Follow my road to 5.6/Gold Reaper/True Trim - DAT BLOG

So I got 89 Dg today, which is great. I've been in the clan since it was made, but haven't dged a lot. Acherhar took me and we did two small tf floors to get the hang of it, and I did alright.

So, I went to do a regular tf. When it got to the boss, I messed up twice. Two of the people on the team (one of them being a mod here on tif) were raging at me. One of them called me a f[bleep]ing [developmentally delayed], and told me to leave dgs and learn to tf.

I'm pretty mad about this, as Dgs is ACCEPTING ANYBODY WILLING TO LEARN. I was learning a new boss, and got this response. I told them it was my first tf and I'd probably mess up, and still get called a [bleep]ing [developmentally delayed].

2s0cxth.png

You can hardly expect people to be kind and forgiving 100% of the time, messing up on thunderous once is OK, it happens sometimes. But doing it twice may get on some peoples nerves, TIF mod or not. You have to remember that while being for teaching, not all the members of DGS are there to teach, they are there to learn. You messing up on thunderous seems like you've not tried hard enough to learn how too. You can't get mad at someone shouting at you a little for messing up, if you do then I don't really think DGS is for you. Otherwise, suck it up, take it in your stride and strive to do better in the future.

So I got 89 Dg today, which is great. I've been in the clan since it was made, but haven't dged a lot. Acherhar took me and we did two small tf floors to get the hang of it, and I did alright.

So, I went to do a regular tf. When it got to the boss, I messed up twice. Two of the people on the team (one of them being a mod here on tif) were raging at me. One of them called me a f[bleep]ing [developmentally delayed], and told me to leave dgs and learn to tf.

I'm pretty mad about this, as Dgs is ACCEPTING ANYBODY WILLING TO LEARN. I was learning a new boss, and got this response. I told them it was my first tf and I'd probably mess up, and still get called a [bleep]ing [developmentally delayed].

Before entering TF floors people are expected to have practiced thunderous in c1, and to almost never mess up. Thunderous is the most unforgiving boss and the only point in doing thunderous floors is that everyone knows how to do it perfectly. I see no reason to not be rude to you when you screw people over because of your own laziness. Your posts just shows that you hadn't taken the time to prepare for what was going to happen, and got punished for it(kind of like not doing your homework, isn't it).

For the record, perfect thunderous means that you can do it on both sides, without him maging, atleast 20 times in a row. If you can't manage that, only enter flesh floors(as people screwing up thundy is REALLY annoying).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

The solution: do f45 c1 until you get a thundy boss. Unequip your weapon and punch thundy to death. Keep doing this until you can kill him without getting caught by either of his specials (come closer/true power) or his magic attack. If you want advice feel free to pm me in game, I'll help if I'm not in a floor at the time.

ichigosig2da4.jpg

I'd actually like to know which Tif mod this was - the two I know aren't the type to rage, I think.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

While it's recommended to practice (as xpx said above) you're going to have to do a large sometime, and you may still mess up. Don't worry too much about it, but learn from it. As for people being rude, there never is a reason to be rude, but it's not against guidelines.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Well, I announced to the cc when I got 89. Someone was doing a tf, and asked me if I wanted to go. I said yeah let me c1 one really quick, which I did with Acherhar (thanks), and then did the TF. Everyone on the team saw me get the level, saw me say I've only done one tf, and saw the keyer invite me, within a 3 minute window. Otherwise, I wouldn't have posted if those weren't the circumstance.

I know I need to practice, and I have been. I can do a solo small c6 perfect without messing it up after a couple more tries today :thumbup:

2s0cxth.png

I'm in DGS atm, so could anyone be my wingman? :P

EDIT: Since I'm still getting tokens for t8 Zerker and t8 Gatherer, can I still DG with you guys? I currently have t7 Zerker and t6 Gatherer.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

Messing up twice on TF isn't rage-worthy, but you should voluntarily sit out the rest of the kill if you mess up twice. After two [bleep]-ups, chances are your nerves are affecting you so you'll likely mess up again. Also, if all else fails use the first-person-shooter approach: blame all your mistakes on lag :shades:

Everyone has a bad TF now and then, so don't let it get to you. I've even seen the great Tui [bleep] it up multiple times :razz: Depending on who you go with and if you are all in Skype, that can actually be a pretty entertaining experience. I know I totally lose it when someone screws up mimes. I don't know why, but I find it overwhelmingly hilarious.

td2sig.jpg