Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

I know everyone's in the habit of taking off their hood for thundy but what do people think about unequipping hoods for other bosses too (only while meleeing of course)? Although it provides a small defence bonus it also has negative attack bonuses for slash and crush, should people get used to unequipping their hood while meleeing a boss?

Well for Thunderous it also helps you deflect more damage. I don't think the same can be said for every boss, as Thunderous is really the only boss that will hit you with only 1 combat style that you can be completely protected against (assuming your team doesn't mess up).

Ya I know the reason for thundy is to increase chance of deflect damage, I know most bosses aren't 100% safe but that's kind of what I was asking, is losing the minimal defence bonus worth gaining the even smaller attack bonus? On an easy boss like flesh I'd say it was as you're unlikely to die but I'm unsure about others. Thoughts?

ichigosig2da4.jpg

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toad, starting tomorrow, I will be able to learn from you how to key better. When will you be on and what is your timezone?

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

Also, while we're on the topic of equipping/unequipping, is it worth unequipping range chaps/body (with hex bound ofc) while in melee gds for fewer misses or is that too much hassle?

Depends on the monsters in the gd. If it's just melee-able stuff left, yeah I would always take the armor off. More accuracy + deflect damage.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Something helpful i discovered,

at start if you have a decent amount of coins after toolkit, buy 2 more empty vials (100gp) and fill all 3 immediately.

and then ofcourse is what everyone does!! loot herbs and make unfs (with ur vials). also loot seconds, claw and moss are most important. also if you dont got a high herblore its better to let someone else take the lycos and winters grips unless they dont have vials of water.

even buckthorn and featherfoil are very useful, strong rejuv gives an extra 3 rager scroll uses on boss (and prayer) :D

if you dont use lyco/val/magebane by end u can easily make a melee potion as well for boss...

Good post Tipsi.

Just to correct, vials are only 10gp each so they don't hurt your economy too much.

Also, if you get a big coinpile, you can buy lyco and winter's grip seeds and plant them when you can (lyco costs 10,5k and winter 9k). I do this almost every floor so that a pot can be made as soon as possible after a pot door is found.

Regardless of someone snaping, you should still pick all the herbs from the ground since he may not be where you are all the time. If you aren't a high herblorer, just shout about your latest discovery and later drop the herb for someone who can make a pot of it :shades:

AbandonnedHeroDpser22.png

Also, while we're on the topic of equipping/unequipping, is it worth unequipping range chaps/body (with hex bound ofc) while in melee gds for fewer misses or is that too much hassle?

Depends on the monsters in the gd. If it's just melee-able stuff left, yeah I would always take the armor off. More accuracy + deflect damage.

OK, I see why Grimy's so into getting people used to so many actions per minute, as you become better at dungeoneering there is so much more clicking that needs to be done :P

Oh and a final question before I go to bed (aimed at everyone), do many DGSers use F1-F5 keys while dging? I'm a bit noob at remembering what does what but they seem pretty useful.

ichigosig2da4.jpg

I know at least a few use them. I personally don't because my keyboard is extremely uncomfortable to use as it is. If I had a pro gaming mouse with extra buttons, I'd map my f-keys to those.

dgs5.jpg

I have this baby: http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.169418900/categoryId.35208800

Works very well, mainly because you can turn the camera while you use fkeys.

of course it's also great to bind akh scripts to.

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.224620300/categoryId.35208800 > *

Follow my road to 5.6/Gold Reaper/True Trim - DAT BLOG

When i get 99 attack, should I bind a battleaxe (question for grimy mainly please).

my reason: soloable gd's (ie the zombie or skeleton gd etc) are annoying with 2hander. Also i do turmoil flash.

I use f1/f3 mainly which originally was because I needed the extra flexibily since I play rs and DG with a laptop mousepad. However, I tried using a real mouse and simply found myself unable to, my left hand had grown so used to resting on the f keys that it felt so weird to operate the camera with my left hand. So now I'm basically stuck with using my right hand for mousepadding and my pinky finger for the camera arrow keys. I've been successful with this for the past few years and the function keys really help with making the mousepad easier to use. However skilled I am at using the mousepad, I'm starting to hit sort of an apm asymptote where I can only do so many actions with this sort of set up, whereas with a mouse more would be possible but I don't really feel like relearning how to play rs. I also misclick things occasionally, such as attack and prayer style switches.

Pfohlol.png

110704234418.png

I use f-keys, arrows keys, keyboard to yell at people and the mouse all a lot.

I use all 5 f-keys, probably pray/inv the most though.

I also write down most key doors in swiftkit notepad and check the map a lot.

Touch pads are noob !

siggya.png

100dgs.png

Now GOODBYE DGS FOREVER@@@@

Lol.

Staff hunting time yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

Yeah, as Tui said using all 5 f-keys is useful -my main uses for combos are below:

f3/f5 - switching attack styles while pray flashing/switching

f4/f1/[f4] - making a gatestone, dropping it [and ggsing] quickly

[f1]/f4/f2 - switching from melee to csb [with 2h or staff]

[f1]/f5/f2 - switching from csb to melee [2h, or with staff]

individually they're all great on their own too, if you die and want to ggs quickly or want to open a particular window fast

EDIT: I should note my mouse isn't great, so not only does it save me moving my mouse, it stops the risk of me misclicking too

Join "DGS" Guest Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn

WarpedHeroKeyer16.pngblood_neck.png

I use no f-keys or ahk scripts so yes, you can be completely fine without them.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Everyone who has a surgebox should have an ahk script that switches to mage and a ahk script that switches rings.

People who use AHK are rapists and moral nihilists. DGS does not condone nor promote the use of botting programs such as AHK.

dgs5.jpg

It's not that hard to make a script legal you know...

All you have to do is have multiple inputs required

As TIF has a highly nonconstructive view on AHK and the scripts(by that i mean they take advice about it from community moderators) i don't think it's worth promoting any part of AHK here, unless ofcource you want trouble. I agree that the scripts(legal ones) do have their place, but they are by no means required.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Everyone who has a surgebox should have an ahk script that switches to mage and a ahk script that switches rings.

People who use AHK are rapists and moral nihilists. DGS does not condone nor promote the use of botting programs such as AHK.

So does that mean I'm a rapist?

Oh damn, better go turn myself in to the police.

Fml, brb 20 years jail.

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!