Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

On a note totally unrelated to the drama, this has reminded me of something which I don't know whether it is common knowledge or not, but you can make a gatestone once you are over halfway through the teleport animation, saves time as you don't need to do it after you've teleported.

Don't you need to use the quick-cast though? The gatestone only breaks after teleporting to said spot, iirc.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a note totally unrelated to the drama, this has reminded me of something which I don't know whether it is common knowledge or not, but you can make a gatestone once you are over halfway through the teleport animation, saves time as you don't need to do it after you've teleported.

Don't you need to use the quick-cast though? The gatestone only breaks after teleporting to said spot, iirc.

The gatestone breaks as soon as you click to teleport to it, or mabe during the first half of the animation, either way, you can create another one during the second half of the animation/the lag you get from teleporting.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

-Not regating a door you gated(serious offense, you should ALWAYS create a gatestone after teleporting to a gate, which will be dropped upon death)

I didn't actually know you can make them before finishing tele animation :P Also, a good way of making gatestones and eating food virtually losslessly is to eat during key unlocking/door opening animations/lag, click the food a couple of steps before the door, or as you start unlocking the key

Join "DGS" Guest Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn

WarpedHeroKeyer16.pngblood_neck.png

You don't need to quick-cast. After clicking to teleport, as soon as you see the 'Loading' sign, just click to cast a new gatestone and you'll have one in your invent when you arrive. I recommend watching dungeoneering videos to learn this sort of stuff, it's surprising how many random things you learn (like you can drop an item, for example a key, during the time you're group gatestone teleing).

ichigosig2da4.jpg

Right click the create gatestone spell, there is a "cast-now" option or something similarly worded to that. It lets you, for example, immediately create a new gatestone even if you have one dropped.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

Right click the create gatestone spell, there is a "cast-now" option or something similarly worded to that. It lets you, for example, immediately create a new gatestone even if you have one dropped.

This or the fact you can create a new gatestone as you teleport to your previous one would make a good piece of weekly trivia :P

ichigosig2da4.jpg

This or the fact you can create a new gatestone as you teleport to your previous one would make a good piece of weekly trivia :P

There's actually a small number of things like that, that you can do that save a few seconds here and there. Things like that and not opening a skill door if someone else is may seem insignificant but over a floor the seconds saved build up.

Hevendor_Guy please take your complaints to private message. You have been asked to do so multiple times and you need to be respectful of that request.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

hi there, i have 2 questions for you

1. im getting kinda sick of being called a tard and dying more than needed at yk'lagor because of lag and i would be happy if you can tell me anymore way to keep down lag more than playing on bad graphic and closing running programs.

2. also another problem whit yk'lagor. sometimes when i click behind a pillar i only run infront of it and gets hit by the spec (causing me to die or thrown around) and it even happens sometimes if i right click behind the pillar (wich i always do). is there any way i can avoid this?

1. im getting kinda sick of being called a tard and dying more than needed at yk'lagor because of lag and i would be happy if you can tell me anymore way to keep down lag more than playing on bad graphic and closing running programs.

2. also another problem whit yk'lagor. sometimes when i click behind a pillar i only run infront of it and gets hit by the spec (causing me to die or thrown around) and it even happens sometimes if i right click behind the pillar (wich i always do). is there any way i can avoid this?

click more behind the pillar, all i can tell you

k2iq7n.png

If you're in a team, inform your team that you're laggy and they'll be more than happy for you not to participate in Thundy. As for problem 2, click further behind the pillar. I have *never* had this happen to me.

td2sig.jpg

If your lag doesn't allow for it, it's not worth doing tf floors. It's sometimes common for less experienced communities to try to skip tf anyway as they can't manage it well enough, meaning you'd do occults as a combination of locc and ff.

For thundy, you are clicking the wrong spot. Try to click more to the wall behind the pillar or alternatively get a full inv and click on the ggs every time.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

ok thanks :) and also just a quick question when thundy says "another kill for the thunderous" can he use the mage attack?

Nope.

he just goes on with his regular attacks.

Deaths on thundy are due to: Lag/[bleep]/fails/bad run timing

Let's create a scenario.

You have teled into tf between his main attacks.

To prevent his mage attack, just run to him once he punches someone. He can't mage from this animation.

Or the safe method, what i usually do is wait for one of his special attacks and then run out. Hope it's helpful

k2iq7n.png

Thought I'd contribute a list of room abbreviations since they seem to be missing, though most of these are common knowledge:

3s - 3 statues crafting room

10s - 10 statues crafting room

5f - 5 colored ferret puzzle

agil/agim - agility maze

barrels - broken barrel room

blocks/pillars - 4 colored vials and pillars

books - 4 bookcases puzzle

bridge - plank/rock broken bridge room

cons stat - broken statue with extending bridge

cross - mining rubble and struts room

door - room containing a regular openable door

empty - room containing a regulable openable door, or an empty gd room

emotes/ems/mimes - 5 mimes emote room (nod = head bobbing up and down, shake = head moving left and right)

ff - fishing ferret puzzle

flowers/vines - flowers woodcutting room

font/fountain - 4 broken pillars with rubble

frem/fremmy - fremennik warrior cook/smith/fletch room

gazer - room containing a soulgazer

guardian/rcg - runecrafting guardian room

ghosts - switching ghosts room

grapple - rope and climbing hook room

grooves - suspicious grooves trap room

hf - hunter ferret room

levers/levs - 5 levers room

lights - 4 magic lights room

lodes - lodestone jumping gap room

maze - maze with chest/key at center

merc - mercenary leader room

mono - monolith room

polt/polter - poltergeist with herbs or broken vase/columns/ring room

pond/skaters - pondskaters fishing room

portals - portals with tiles at center puzzle (step on the center tile, log out and then back in to solve)

pull stats/pstats - push and pull statues room

ramo - ramokee combat familiars room

riddle - enigmatic hoardstalker room

seeker - seeker sentinels room

skills - room containing a door/doors that requires a skill to open

sliders - magic puzzle piece room

tiles - runecrafting tile puzzle

6fee7fbcfe.png

77th to reach 99 Hunter, December 25, 2006.

ok thanks :) didnt know about that punch thing :o sounds cool but i think ill stick whit the "attack when he does a special attack" thing so the mage attack if i fail dont kill anyone :)

Contrary to popular belief, his magic attack is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. It's irritating because it drains prayer points, but I believe it can't hit above 400. So unless someone is a complete derp and makes him mage several times, making him mage isn't the end of the world. Obviously it's important that you do your best not to make him mage, but that mistake is more forgivable than getting dragged or blown up.

td2sig.jpg

ok thanks :) didnt know about that punch thing :o sounds cool but i think ill stick whit the "attack when he does a special attack" thing so the mage attack if i fail dont kill anyone :)

Contrary to popular belief, his magic attack is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. It's irritating because it drains prayer points, but I believe it can't hit above 400. So unless someone is a complete derp and makes him mage several times, making him mage isn't the end of the world. Obviously it's important that you do your best not to make him mage, but that mistake is more forgivable than getting dragged or blown up.

Not really. Not only does causing him to mage mean you lose attack turns personally, it often kills those who entered the boss on low HP. Coming closer is by far the worst, though.

I thought only melee drained pray?

Juxter.png

Quest cape achieved on 7/11/2010.

You'd have to be some sort of masochist to want to be a forum moderator on the RSOF. They're honestly better off, imo.