Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it comes to monster weaknesses and DPS, personal experience is useless unless there's data to back it up.

That's essentially our stance on the matter.

Because personal experience claims have proven to be wrong in the past.

There's a big disparity between 2h and battleaxe anyways.

It's possible that for some monsters, 2h is good to slash even if they're weaker to crush.

Anyways, our stance is that we should avoid comments revolving around personal experience.

It's fine to bring up personal experience.

But if your post is only about a single personal experience, it's kinda spammy.

Naaxi.png

When it comes to monster weaknesses and DPS, personal experience is useless unless there's data to back it up.

That's essentially our stance on the matter.

Because personal experience claims have proven to be wrong in the past.

There's a big disparity between 2h and battleaxe anyways.

It's possible that for some monsters, 2h is good to slash even if they're weaker to crush.

Anyways, our stance is that we should avoid comments revolving around personal experience.

It's fine to bring up personal experience.

But if your post is only about a single personal experience, it's kinda spammy.

Would it not be best to put that on the front page somewhere then to make it obvious about your stance on personal experiences in this thread, to make sure that there is less spammy threads?

Robbstarkded.png

a pet peeve of mine is when people leave the ggs outside of the gd <_>

whyyyyy?

also

"Htgt - Bring the group gatestone to home teleport"

mgtht would be better (and it's the one we/i see being use)

I think ideally, rather then have all these rules and what not on the front page - people should only post what they know for sure.

This happens in a ton of the H&A posts (not saying I don't do this myself sometimes).

People will answer questions based on hearsay/less reputable sites/opinion and will often mislead the person asking the question.

This then turns into a chain effect where bad information is just being passed along while the person who originally answered the question really has no experience on the matter.

Since the question was posted on the DGS clan page (as opposed to any other H&A post), the answer should contain data and not opinion.

Anyhow, I'll try not to make any more statements regarding what monsters are/aren't weak to unless a member of DGS has actually provided conclusive evidence.

capt%20kevin.png

That little GD discussion reminded me of something. Hobgoblins. Slash or crush?!

Although I haven't been noting anything down, I've been paying al fair bit of attention to which is better out of slash/crush on hobgobs and it seems to be crush with ba. If I have time tomorrow I'll probs do a bit of research but I have to pack all my stuff up to go home on friday so it may not happen.

ichigosig2da4.jpg

Just a quick question; When is it the best time to reset my floors??? (From what i heard its once you do all the floors you can do at least once) Just wanna get that confirmed.

when all the floors you can do are ticked off

PlRATESHIP.png

It's really not hard to just memorise the ingredients for pots.

And it's really not that hard to make the list in your note section. Doesn't hurt to have a back up, does it?

One more days till exams are finished and I can dungeoneer again :-)

I have a challenge for all DGS keyers - actually no, ALL keyers.

Get the Leecher title legitimately keying a large. It's possible, but you need to be extremely lucky with rooms :thumbup:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I have a challenge for all DGS keyers.

Get the Leecher title legitimately keying a large. It's possible, but you need to be extremely lucky with rooms :thumbup:

I've seen Least Harmful from keyers in larges, I don't think Leecher would be possible in P2P.

I have a challenge for all DGS keyers - actually no, ALL keyers.

I've gotten least harmful before as keyer, which I think is what you mean, and it's not a good thing. It means I didn't do a good job letting other people open doors and tried to open them all myself. The model of 1 keyer and 4 people in GDs is outdated.

It's really not hard to just memorise the ingredients for pots.

To add to what Moon said, memorizing the ingredients for every useful potion takes time. While people are learning them, they should keep a list at hand. I can tell you how to make any potion by memory, but it took time, and my notes section was immensely useful in getting to that point.

This all seems fairly obvious to me, so I'm unsure of why you'd make such a suggestion. Was it not or is it not obvious to you, too?

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

It's not a suggestion, merely a statement. I know all the ingredients by heart and have never needed to use a list of them to check, so I don't see why anyone else should need to.

Y are you so good at this game, I just want to be in you. plz

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

It's not a suggestion, merely a statement. I know all the ingredients by heart and have never needed to use a list of them to check, so I don't see why anyone else should need to.

Some people have better memories than others. There's no harm in keeping a list handy. It's not like there's some drastically important need for the in-game notepad that it's taking away from.

j0xPu5R.png

The day you started dungeoneering you looked at the list, memorized it, and you've been golden ever since? I'm genuinely impressed. For those of us without eidetic memories, however, I still recommend putting the list in your in-game notepad till it's memorized.

EDIT: Here's mine. I tried to make it as simple as possible. It's color-coded. [bleep] YEAH, COLORS@@@

potionslist.png

dgs5.jpg

In the common abbreviations section, it says to not make bloodragers without scrolls. Since ragers are very useful to have in gds should this statement not be changed?

D'oh, you're absolutely right. Changing it now. :thumbup:

dgs5.jpg

In the common abbreviations section, it says to not make bloodragers without scrolls. Since ragers are very useful to have in gds should this statement not be changed?

D'oh, you're absolutely right. Changing it now. :thumbup:

Ragers without scrolls are also good to have at Gulega if you're a few scrolls short and not everyone can use them since familiars do double damage.

Although unless your DG has been really crappy on blue charms or there has been no time to mine prom/gorg, then there should be no excuse to not be able to make 5 ragers + 2 sets of scrolls relatively quickly in idle time.

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!