Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may be completely irrelevant and i'm probably wrong, or doing the wrong thing anyway.

I currently don't mind the prom2h with the slower attack speed as I feel it allows me to unlock a door/pick an item up, mainly picking things up, be it gold, charms, food etc, without losing any downtime in between attack turns. I'm not sure what a b-axe speed is, you can probably do the same thing with that, albeit this perhaps makes no significant difference, I figure I'd throw that into the debate, i'm probably wrong though lol. If several people or at least 1 person with a b-axe is on the same mob as me, I generally switch 1 attack cycle before the end if it's on [bleep] all health to avoid overkill as well.

I'm going to perhaps predict a mixed team of b-axes and prom2h's will be preferable over pure teams of either in the end. Just got that feeling. I would collect data, but I have so many other things to collect for that DG is my data downtime lol/

Gl

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

So, to anyone out there that's not sure about DGS. Join DGS. Otherwise you will have to go through this:

w117pros.png

Yes, that's right. A worldbearer.

Decided to troll on w117. It was funny. w117chat.png

The level 138 with the worldbearer said his fastest dungeon was 45 minutes.

70b0c3fc9b.png

Maul, two spears, a rapier and a worldbearer. Yay.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

So, to anyone out there that's not sure about DGS. Join DGS. Otherwise you will have to go through this:

w117pros.png

Yes, that's right. A worldbearer.

Decided to troll on w117. It was funny. w117chat.png

The level 138 with the worldbearer said his fastest dungeon was 45 minutes.

Pro team, you lucky bastard.

45 min dungs.... is... epic....

Nostar.png

Dagannoth Rex Drops : Zerker ring x2 / Dragon hatchet x2 / Warrior ring x3

Last 117 dungeon, it was a team of maul, entgallow bow, gravecreeper bow and sagittarian bow, but I still don't think it's a good idea to go there just to troll.

I know...I was just going to go there to suicide key but they were so bad I just had to troll.

70b0c3fc9b.png

the one rapier isn't horrible (if the person with it doesn't suck....), it's good situationally.

But spears got completely owned with the ring update, and were only ever good for the stab option (which now rapier + Berserker is easily better)

Mauls always sucked.

And while I use a WB sometimes when I dung (to hold ores and stuff, cuz y'all are efficiency clowns), bloodragers are too pro if you're trying to go fast, world bearers are useless.

and 45 minutes? Not rushing, my team does 40 minutes often....

Is 148 the same now?

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

the one rapier isn't horrible (if the person with it doesn't suck....), it's good situationally.

But spears got completely owned with the ring update, and were only ever good for the stab option (which now rapier + Berserker is easily better)

Mauls always sucked.

And while I use a WB sometimes when I dung (to hold ores and stuff, cuz y'all are efficiency clowns), bloodragers are too pro if you're trying to go fast, world bearers are useless.

and 45 minutes? Not rushing, my team does 40 minutes often....

Is 148 the same now?

Yep 148 has turned as bad as 117. :(

Nostar.png

Dagannoth Rex Drops : Zerker ring x2 / Dragon hatchet x2 / Warrior ring x3

I came back to RuneScape about a month ago, I have 22 dungeoneering - mainly from Tears of Guthix, I did a couple floors too though.

Would anyone be able to teach me in the CC at such a low level? There's so much about the skill (minigame) I don't understand, am I even suppose to be doing the floors by myself? (That's what I've been doing :blink: )

Oh, someone gave me a "Promethium 2h" which they told me to bind... if that means anything.

EnEx.png

Fire cape owner since September 25th, 2006.

I came back to RuneScape about a month ago, I have 22 dungeoneering - mainly from Tears of Guthix, I did a couple floors too though.

Would anyone be able to teach me in the CC at such a low level? There's so much about the skill (minigame) I don't understand, am I even suppose to be doing the floors by myself? (That's what I've been doing :blink: )

Oh, someone gave me a "Promethium 2h" which they told me to bind... if that means anything.

you should at least get lvl 50 first :P

Naaxi.png

Yes when you start soloing is good, otherwise you will just annoy people because you don't know what to do. You'll want to c1 your lower floors and c6 med your higher ones. This gets the floors that give you low xp out of the way quickly while increasing the xp you'll get from your better floors. You'll have difficulty finding people to team with you on floors below 30. Bind a promethium 2h sword and customise your ring to berserker. Learn which attack styles to use on monsters if you don't yet know, but common sense will see you right most of the time. Once you've completed all of the floors you have available reset your progress in order to maintain your prestige. If you do a floor multiple times without resetting you'll receive half xp.

Edit: Golv that was poor, I was looking forward to something better.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

Yes when you start soloing is good, otherwise you will just annoy people because you don't know what to do. You'll want to c1 your lower floors and c6 med your higher ones. This gets the floors that give you low xp out of the way quickly while increasing the xp you'll get from your better floors. You'll have difficulty finding people to team with you on floors below 30. Bind a promethium 2h sword and customise your ring to berserker. Learn which attack styles to use on monsters if you don't yet know, but common sense will see you right most of the time. Once you've completed all of the floors you have available reset your progress in order to maintain your prestige. If you do a floor multiple times without resetting you'll receive half xp.

Edit: Golv that was poor, I was looking forward to something better.

I don't quite get prestige. How do you get it and when do you reset it?

EnEx.png

Fire cape owner since September 25th, 2006.

You get one prestige for each floor you do, you can't repeat the same floor over and over for moe prestige though, floor 2 will only give you 1 prestige each reset, regardless of how many times you do it for example. This prestige comprises half of the xp that you get (before modifiers from the floor). Once you've completed all floors that you can access and you shoul reset otherwise you ill be receiving 0 prestige experience. When you reset, your current progress will become your previous progress, this saves the prestige bonus for one reset so that you don't start the new round at 0 prestige. I hope that helps.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

I use a WB sometimes

GET OUT.

Seriously, I don't give a damn what your playstyle is, home teleport has all the floor space you could ever need to regurgitate every useless resource you've gathered. Worldbearers can only ever be an utter waste of a charm.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I had Prom Spear with T6 tactician up until Dung lvl 84, and I felt I was getting a very good DPS due to the speed vs a 2h. :-) Stab is also useful for a handful of bosses :-)

Tactician... doesn't work with a spear. So yeah, I'm sure you were doing GREAT.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I use a WB sometimes

GET OUT.

Seriously, I don't give a damn what your playstyle is, home teleport has all the floor space you could ever need to regurgitate every useless resource you've gathered. Worldbearers can only ever be an utter waste of a charm.

I don't see the problem with using a green/gold bearer and making it when there's no gd. However, I don't see why you would need any more space. When i don't key I have all the supplies needed for any potion and I don't feel like I need any more space.

C1Geq.png

I use a WB sometimes

GET OUT.

I don't see the problem with using a green/gold bearer and making it when there's no gd. However, I don't see why you would need any more space. When i don't key I have all the supplies needed for any potion and I don't feel like I need any more space.

It's probably useful to store extra food that the rest of the team leaves behind for emergencies (troll monos or sudden assaults by ninja shades, for example), or for dropping outside the boss room. On a good team, this probably isn't needed most of the time, but I don't think it makes more than a few seconds to make that bearer and for the potential saves in time/xp, it may be worth it. (I personally don't do this, so I can't say for sure if it is.)

Imo if you aren't using a blue or crim to do it, I frankly don't care what familiar you make.