Ranged strength?

jinzoid

I have a suggestion to improve your skill guide for "Ranged."

In the Ranged skill guide, several tables contain a column whose header reads "ranged strength." Yet, there is no definition of this term on the page.

Not having a definition makes the content on the page confusing. For example, what does "ranged strength" mean? Although there is a player stat called "strength," there is no player stat called "ranged strength." Now all I have to go on is conjecture. Does this number represent some sort of "minimum" that I need in order to use the weapon described in that particular row in the table? Or, does it represent some sort of "reward" for using the weapon? Some tables have a column whose header is "attack bonus" and the sort. I get that. But without a definition, I cannot use the tables which include this term. I've searched for every occurence of that term on the Ranged skill guide page, but nowhere is the term defined, nor is guidance given on how to avail one's self of that number.

I realize a number of you will respond to this post with your advice on the definition of "ranged strength," and I thank you in advance. However, that's not really why I'm posting. The purpose of my post is to offer a suggestion for web site usability. My suggestion is to simply add a definition for this term (and quite possibly others used in this skill guide) at the top of the page.

Walter

Jinzoid, thanks so very much for your suggestion. To help clarify exactly what Ranged Strength is, I have added a small definition:

"How much damage you inflict depends on the value of your ranged strength - the Ranged skill's version of strength bonus."

I hope this helps add some clarification to the matter. If you have any more questions or concerns regarding this, don't hesitate to PM them to me. :thumbup:

- Speedyshel

Edit: Locking this topic as this has been clarified (March 27, 2010).

- Speedyshel

Website Updates and Corrections

c15800d76c.png

*..It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not..*