the essentials for slayer

skylor12344

Ok im planning on doing some major slaying once my neck heals up and i can actually play again i was wondering what the essentials are for good slaying.

So far this is what i have:

Karils top

karils bottom

Inf boots

Z spear

cannon

cannon balls

*note* i chose not to buy bandos gear or D claws as i use my ee for specs to heal and raise defence and im happy witth my current armor setup.

Inf boots nor cannon are required.

This thing about ee > claws annoys me. Are you short of coinage? The increased damage of claws should well and truely make up

for it (unless you're low melees like me, can't see your sig nor rsn on this skin).

Drops: Black Mask.

Clue rewards: Sara Plate, 2 Robins, Some other random stuff.

87 att

92 str

99 def

if i would have bought the claws i wouldnt have been able to afford anything else that i know i needed for sure so i decided not to buy them, plus i do perfectly fine with a dds for a spec weapon when i need the extra punch.

Strapped for cash and poor stats. Carry on.

Not insulting you, it's the same situation I'm in.

You can't slay with a hurt neck? :unsure:

I would assume you're using some sort of melee, rune armor is enough if you have it. I've seen people use torags armor but that's a waste.

Some sort of healing familiar or guthans.

Potions for every task, i.e. super sets, prayers

If you want the most xp/hr us piety or turmoil as well.

soulthresher.png

He's 99 defence and intent on using ee, so multicombat and combat familiars would be better. Though for single combat, yip and ee will basically do it.

Oh, bring super defences on some tasks too. Iirc the defence boost is more then ee, if not don't worry. Could make the difference between praying and tanking at 99 defence.

Idk, I may be old school, but I think every slayer should have some Guthans with them. Even as a backup.

You are sooooo right.

Whip + rune def of course (or Sara sword for str training batch).

Unless you can afford bunyip + full bandos i'd say go for a guthan asap. I spared each coins until i could do and it spared me nice cash for non decaying.

For combat go through slayer for all 90+ then take each one up to 99.

Range everything you can when you have time and armour.

quests+skills that open combat areas and related teleports

Of course you can go the fastest way (max pot + max bonus prayer) but i'm finishing it right now the normal way and slayer gave me nice cash.

On the middle term, think about having 80 then 90 and even 99 prayer to take the most of your tasks

Never ever miss anoccasion to gather / farm herbs

1k constant monkfishes and runes stock are required.

Oh baby light the dark side...

im currently using guthans and bunyip and its working well for me, i dont range or mage my tasks as i perfer to melee all of them unless i have to mage/range them.

@soul, i've got a cracked collar bone so i cant really move my head a lot which is causing me to be layed on my back in my bed and im not able to actually play (typing this off my iphone)