Feedback Please?

Hi there!

I'd like you guys to check out my fansite and tell me what you think of the system. It's all written in PHP, using MySQL as the main database. It's over 7000 lines of code, so I'm right now trying to find out all the bugs I can find.

I'm not trying to advertise, only trying to see what other developers think of my site.

Some pages have long load times, I'm trying to fix this. Any suggestions? I was thinking of a short cache of data that the site gets.

The url is http://runite.net/

Tell me what you think!

That's 7,000 lines? Did you add two extra 0's? You must have really good documentation in the code (which is good) or a lot of bloated useless code in there.

I'll give you a little feedback.

1. Your long load times are possibly becuase of what I said above. I did not experience any slow times though.
  2. Make the registration system error when a username already exists.
  3. Make sure that the email is a valid format so that i can't enter in random characters and register. This would prevent against spammers.
  4. Making an email activation system would also help against spam accounts. This would require that users don't register with the same email though.
  5. (optional) I can register with the same email too. So spammers can just use the same email over and over again.
  6. (optional) I would add in a captcha system especially if the site gets more traffic or you start experiencing spam accounts.

Yeah, everything's quite well documented. Just a habit I've gotten in to. I've also worked on the caching system over the past day or so, so long load times should be a thing of the past.

I'm right now working on error handling and such, so that will be taken care of soon. The idea of a CAPTCHA system is a good one. Thanks for the feedback.