Dungeoneering Level Calculator

I had this idea while dungeoneering with my friends.

In short, you regularly run into doors with levels beyond your party's current levels.

With the addition of herb seeds to the shop, it's now a lot easier to try to boost levels to open those doors.

While the math is pretty simple, I thought making a calculator would be handy.

Essentially you put your name as well as party member's names into the calculator.

I'll then show your teams current levels, perhaps a chart that shows all the skills and who has the highest of each.

It would then take into consideration whether or not your team could make each of the stat boosting potions,

so then it would display the maximum potential levels for your team and what potion you need to boost to that level.

I have little to no coding experience as far as building one of the calculators goes, but I thought I'd throw the idea out there.

Thoughts?

I may put something here eventually.

Seems good.

The complicated part is that you can use Naturalist potions to boost your herblore to make even HIGHER level potions, maybe even another naturalist potion to boost herblore AGAIN.

Seems good.

The complicated part is that you can use Naturalist potions to boost your herblore to make even HIGHER level potions, maybe even another naturalist potion to boost herblore AGAIN.

A way to mitigate this issue is to do a little algebra, or in this case, throwing it all into Excel.

For the following I'm going to assume that Runescape rounds down for percentage boosts, which I'm led to believe is correct [source].

Results:

dunpot.png

Those are the required levels for all dungeoneering potions with all three tiers of naturalist potion.

You can assume that if, say, a party member has 60 herblore, and wants to make a Survivalist potion, then he can use a Weak Naturalist potion to boost to 64,

which will then enable him to make a Naturalist potion to boost his herblore to 66 in order to make the Survivalist potion.

So, if you wanted to see just how much the party's stats can be raised above maximum with the aid of potions, all you need to do is run the highest herblore level in the party versus these numbers in order to see which tiers of boosting potions can be applied.

Let me know if that garbage makes any sense to you guys :grin:

I was more bored than tired so I decided to make this sheet, but I'm not sure I'm being perfectly clear.

I may put something here eventually.

So...basically it isn't too big of an issue? :)

• 1 year later...

I'm guessing the current DG potion calculator, which has seen some enhancements after this topic was made, will do quite nicely. It won't automatically consider using naturalist potions to boost your herblore level, but it will provide the herblore requirements for potions that are out of you reach (if you provide your herblore level) so I don't think that's much of an issue.

The ability to enter the names of all party members for automated mass stat-lookup is on the list.