The Runescape Moneylender

jargon

hehe....that was a very good illustration of what would happen; but here is the real question behind this topic: why would we need loans? In Real Life you need loans because you are goign to buy land to get a business, but in Runescape the only real reason that you would get loans is because you were planning on starting a merchanting business......it really wouldn't be a good idea because it would hurt the merchants that are already out there; you should have to work up from the bottom, not be able to get a 100k loan becase you have rune armour in your bank :?

hehe....that was a very good illustration of what would happen; but here is the real question behind this topic: why would we need loans? In Real Life you need loans because you are goign to buy land to get a business, but in Runescape the only real reason that you would get loans is because you were planning on starting a merchanting business......it really wouldn't be a good idea because it would hurt the merchants that are already out there; you should have to work up from the bottom, not be able to get a 100k loan becase you have rune armour in your bank :?

That's pretty well said :) Come on guys, we don't need loans in RS. Everyone can make gp without even thinking about it. Every time a noobly person says, "I just died, can u spare 100 gp," I say "Go kill things."

You may have seen those silly ads on ebay and such saying "How to make millions in RS!" Please. You spend time clicking!

Let this idea go.

lpinkus

it'll just lead to money doubling. Now, i think there should be a money lending service in the game, but so you can lend cash to other players in a safe and harmless way(like you lend them some money through an npc and a special code, or with your rsn name, only they can pick it up but have to give some sort of equivalent collateral which the npc holds for a certain number of days specified and agreed on by both players, if the loaner then does not get his repayment in time, he can keep the item(s), but the items and money being used would need to be agreed beforehand by the players together, and then specified to the npc as such by both players)

Junkieman608.png

rofl

how come noone discussed "player to player loans" by the way. I wanna see tht.....thats at least not utterly moronic.

Player to player "loans" already exist :) It's just often a scam. I don't think JAGeX needs to waste their time actually implementing this. It would also just be a way for really rich players to be controlling with their wealth.

lpinkus

I think that this would be an excellent idea for Jagex to add to runescape. This is how I think it should work. Runescape Bank will give you a loan (a maximum amount will be set based on your credibility) and you can select a time when you want to repay the monny. Interest will build by 0.05% per day. If you fail to have enough money to pay back the loan, then the bank will remove items of equivelent vlaue from your bank. Any left over money will be automatically be taken out as you place items in the bank.

Person One makes new account.

Account made, named OMGFREEMONEYZ72

OMGFREEMONEYZ72 takes loan from bank right when he gets off tutorial island.

OMGFREEMONEYZ72 drops money on floor in obscene area.

OMGFREEMONEYZ72 logs out.

Person One logs in.

Person one grabs money.

Person One makes new account.

Account made, named OMGFREEMONEYZ73

Rinse and repeat.

Owned :lol:

I agree, i dotn think they should now... If players do that it will ruin runescape... I've been playing runescape since it luanched and if that ever happened i would be very agree...

what about a pawn shop type place... you have to put one stuff you own and get the money... if you have not pay the shop by say 2 weeks... the item is put on sale and another player can buy it...

ok, some people would be crying because they lost there precious item... or

call the buyer "thief" because they bought the item... just like in real world... just an idea...

hiryuuko

hiryuuko.png

what about a pawn shop type place... you have to put one stuff you own and get the money... if you have not pay the shop by say 2 weeks... the item is put on sale and another player can buy it...

call the buyer "thief" because they bought the item... just like in real world... just an idea...

hiryuuko

That is not such a bad idea, although it would result in some bad relationships between players.

hiryuuko

Clever idea, for sure, but I feel it makes things more complicated than necessary. Maybe someday, but I'm not bored with the way prices work now.

lpinkus

yeah really doesnt work out. i heard suggested that the amount you can be lent is proportional to your total level. simply make the amount you can loan low. like 2x or 3x your total level. No one would get THAT much cash, but its still there if they need it. Easy to pay back too. It will actually help new people but wont cause giant problems. And don't have a payback duedate. Simply say every gp you put in your bank goes towards repaying your debt. And if you choose not to pay your debt you have to carry your cash with you everywhere. And that is a hassle, i think.