What defence level should I get?

Kirbyallstar

Hi, what defence level should I get for a good balance for pking and doing GWD? I'm currently lvl 80 def, and I heard its not worth it to get 99 def for pking. I would like to do arma gw someday, since I'm a range tank. And if the new range prayer from dungeoneering is good, I might raise my prayer up, so I do not want to get my defence too high.

Range tanks benefit from 99 def so just get 99 def and ignore what everyone else says.

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

Ranged tanks do NOT benefit from 99 defence, that is a complete myth. Get 90 at most and get 99 magic and summoning and you'll be damned good at Arma.

94 at max. 95+ defence puts you at a big disadvantage

Ah see, this is why I said that 99 def isn't worth it. Plus at higher def, I'm more likely to see turmoil pures, which is trouble for everyone, even for range tanks. I'll aim for ~85 def for now, and see what happens later.

Thanks for the comments everyone. More input would be appreciated though.

stop at a defence lvl where you get an extra +1 boost from a super def pot/sara brew-- such as 88 or 94.

Ah sweet, that was EXTREMELY helpful. I'll stop at 88 def now.

Just wondering, how do you know that you get the +1 boost at lvl 88? Does a super def raise your stat by a certain percentage? Or do you know by trial and error?

stop at a defence lvl where you get an extra +1 boost from a super def pot/sara brew-- such as 88 or 94.

Ah sweet, that was EXTREMELY helpful. I'll stop at 88 def now.

Just wondering, how do you know that you get the +1 boost at lvl 88? Does a super def raise your stat by a certain percentage? Or do you know by trial and error?

http://www.tip.it/runescape/?page=potion_calc.htm

edit: 87 def apparently

77yLQy8.png