Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Shared XP

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Sir_Kurity
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Kurity

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,370 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Sir Kurity
  • RSN2:Estorrath
Just to clear this up, just how does shared XP in dung work?

As a pure, i dont want prayer or defence XP, but many people say that only non combat skills are effected, others say all skills are effected, others say prayer is effected but other combat skills are not, etc etc.

Basically, i need info, because everyone tells me to turn my XP on, but at the moment im still scared.
O.O

Cptbaker08
[ Display Name History ]

Cptbaker08

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,307 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:CptBaker
  • RSN2:CptAsshat
  • Clan:TSG
Best bet is to just turn exp off. Aside from dungeoneering exp, you usually gain very little exp while doing floors.

But you do gain combat exp, that is how my friend gained a defense level on accident.
Drops

Completed Goals

Goals

Bad911
[ Display Name History ]

Bad911

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,272 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Bad911
  • RSN2:x________911
It seems to be random, but there is guaranteed combat experience gained. I actually got to see myself gain prayer experience through the sharing system, so you might as well turn it off.

Personally think it is doesn't make a difference even if you do have it on, the experience is minimal.

SirIzenhime
[ Display Name History ]

SirIzenhime

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,482 posts
you get shared xp for doing Skilling/puzzle/doors ONLY if you have the level needed to do it.

So if someone opens a construction door that requires level 60, and you have 65 con, you'll get xp, but if you have 55 con, you won't get any xp for it.

you DO NOT get any shared xp from fighting monsters.

Posted Image

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

Posted Image

Zaaps1
[ Display Name History ]

Zaaps1

Troll General

• Members
  • 13,035 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Zaaptastic
  • RSN2:Zaap Cannon
  • Clan:DGS ☺ Harpies@@@
If you have Shared Xp on, you will, er, share the xp from all skill doors and puzzles.

For example, if someone in your team opens the Force Bar (Strength) skill door, you will get strength xp. If someone Exocrizes a Dark Spirit (prayer), you will get prayer xp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users