Those annoying underlings

Hi

*Flamewar warning*

This issue might not seem to be such a big deal for the majority of the users, but i find it annoying (in fact REALLY annoying actually).

The problem i'm talking about is the way all links are underlined in some of the monster pages in the bestiary.

I find the content on these page somewhat hard to read - please have a look for yourself:

Dagannoth Rex

Please compare this with this page which isn't "messed up" yet !

Dagannoth Supreme

My suggestion is to get rid of all the underlining and make all links in the drop column change color for example cyan when the mouse pointer is hovering above them - i think it would look great.

Please comment and tell me what you think.

PS.

I really like that there are links in the drop-table column as it really saves a lot of time as i don't have to open the item database to read more about an item every time.

Remember the color chosen must be suitable across all color schemes, which is the main reason we avoid using color.

It is possible to remove the underlining, as done in the Shops field of items entries and the required items section of quest guides. Underlining is the typical signification of a link and helps you distinguish which text is linked. If we were to remove underlining like done in items and quests, it would be hard to tell what is linked and people may think we have gotten a chance to link all the entries when we actually have not.

I can see what you mean about it being annoying, but we'll have to look into a better solution than coloring it cyan.

1.png
generic_signature.png

Remember the color chosen must be suitable across all color schemes, which is the main reason we avoid using color.

It is possible to remove the underlining, as done in the Shops field of items entries and the required items section of quest guides. Underlining is the typical signification of a link and helps you distinguish which text is linked. If we were to remove underlining like done in items and quests, it would be hard to tell what is linked and people may think we have gotten a chance to link all the entries when we actually have not.

I can see what you mean about it being annoying, but we'll have to look into a better solution than coloring it cyan.

The fact that you acknowledge that there is a problem and that it isn't just me who are being a bit silly or overly pathetic makes me really happy.

I hope tip.it will be able to figure something out which can satisfy the majority of the user base.

Thank you for your understanding.