Bone Crusher

Knoll_Saleh

But honestly, how many people train hunter outside of Chinchompas and Salamanders, neither of which drops bones. If I'm going to catch kebbits/bone dropers, the xp/money I'm giving up by not catching chins or sallys alone is more than enough to counteract the small prayer xp (like no more than a few hundred per hour).

And for strange rocks, how many do you catch per week? 100? That's 450 prayer xp per week. If you make 1m/hr and need 400k prayer xp to pay off the bonecrusher, you'll need 880 weeks to make the bonecrusher worth it. That's 22 times the amount of time needed to get the full statue.

Catching kebbits is faster than salamanders or chinchompas to get 69-80 hunter. With a bonecrusher it is even more xp/hr. Also, it is much easier to find an empty world. So yea, I don't know why people don't train on them.

Edit: I am not saying the bonecrusher is worth it. Just tossing in an extra feature of the bonecrusher.

I understand that, but I'm saying that even in hunter, it is far from worth it.

If kebbits are as fast as you say they are, how come no one trains on them? Can kebbits get over 100k per hour, like Salamanders can? I've yet to see anyone provide solid xp/hr rates of any kebbit, and I've never seen them recommended by anyone to train hunter on.

Finding an empty world isn't an issue. For red sallys, you could just hunt iceberg penguins for the same xp with no crowds. For chins, just use the surround method for more catches per hour AND a far lesser need to compete for spawns.

If you can catch about 450 red salamanders an hour, that's 2k prayer xp, IF they dropped bones. They don't. How many kebbits can you catch per hour? It's going to be around 2k, if not less. 2k prayer xp is literally a few seconds, 6 dragon bones, and 31k.

Not many people know the method I suppose, plus it requires a lot of clicking which people tend to hate. I didn't calculate the xp/hr, but I think 100k xp/hr is possibly using the dashing and dark kebbit spawns that are close to each other, on a full world, if that is possibly for red salamanders. I found that, using that method, I caught a little bit more than twice as many kebbits as red salamanders per hour.

Also, the bonecrusher saves time in training hunter (and possibly prayer). If you catch a kebbit without a bonecrusher you get the bones (and fur) in your inventory, this you have to burry or drop. If you use a bonecrusher they are immediately burried. Hence, using your numbers, the time saved is not the time to offer those 6 dragon bones to a gilded altar but to burry those 450 regular bones (or drop those bones and offer 6 dragon bones to an altar).

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok:

1) Wouldn't the loads of extra clicking itself offset the benefit of not having to click extra times to bury the bones you catch?

2) 4k prayer xp still isn't very much, especially when you consider that Red Chins are like 150k+ or someone and a few 100k profit on top of that. If 4k prayer xp is about 60k, you could probably make 4-5x that amount at Red chins, AND get more hunter xp AND click far less.