Bone Crusher

Knoll_Saleh

okay I'm thinking that a Bone Crushers would be a great addition to my slayer trips, About how long would it take to get the 34k tokens required for it? And is it worth that time spent?

Knoll%20Saleh.png

[hide=Drops]Dragon; Dagger:2 Med Helm:1

Barrows;

GWD; Tassey:1 Shard:2 Bandos Hilt:1 Bandos Boots:1

Corp; Arcane Sigil:1[/hide]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In a word: No.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

It's just very slow xp, tbh. Don't expect it to magic up prayer levels overnight.

Well I'm not expecting FAST ex. but its a hell of alot faster than never picking up the bones. I only pick up Dragon Bones to bury them(To save space, and get xp) But i figure if i get SOME prayer xp it all helps. ???

Knoll%20Saleh.png

Barrows;

Depending on how many monsters you kill, possibly.

Most likely however is that the money you would have made in the time it took you to get the tokens would have bought you more prayer exp than you'll ever get from a bonecrusher. If you intend to train dungeoneering in the near future I'd get a slew of things before a bonecrusher: chaotic weapons, arcane stream, etc etc.

Well I'm training slayer, So I have to kill a couple hundred each task, thats around 400xp per task in pray. ([cabbage]ty to say the least) but its still better than 0

Knoll%20Saleh.png

Barrows;

its not worth the token cost. much better to save up for a chaotic or an arcane stream necklace.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Well I'm training slayer, So I have to kill a couple hundred each task, thats around 400xp per task in pray. ([cabbage]ty to say the least) but its still better than 0

Assuming the value of 90gp per token based off of chaotic weapon recharge costs, the bonecrusher is worth roughly 3,060,000 gp.

At the current market pricing of d bones, pray xp is ~21gp/xp, making your 400 xp a task estimate worth 8.4k

So for your bonecrusher to make up its cost in rapier recharge costs, you would need to do around 360 tasks.

Of course, your 400 pray xp a task is probably off, due to certain tasks not giving any bones at all. It's hard to say if it would be more or less since some tasks would have big bones or dragon bones that aren't worth banking, but in the end it's going to be a large number of tasks. I would just look at is as an expensive convenience. You can time your bone burying between attack cycles and not skip a beat.

Howver, it does make some forms of hunting like falconry quite a bit faster :thumbup:

Assuming the value of 90gp per token based off of chaotic weapon recharge costs, the bonecrusher is worth roughly 3,060,000 gp.

At the current market pricing of d bones, pray xp is ~21gp/xp, making your 400 xp a task estimate worth 8.4k

So for your bonecrusher to make up its cost in rapier recharge costs, you would need to do around 360 tasks.

Of course, your 400 pray xp a task is probably off, due to certain tasks not giving any bones at all. It's hard to say if it would be more or less since some tasks would have big bones or dragon bones that aren't worth banking, but in the end it's going to be a large number of tasks. I would just look at is as an expensive convenience. You can time your bone burying between attack cycles and not skip a beat.

Howver, it does make some forms of hunting like falconry quite a bit faster :thumbup:

Thanks! Yea that is also assuming im getting 100 monsters per task that drop normal bones. About how long does it take to get 34k tokens?

Knoll%20Saleh.png

Barrows;

It's worth it if you plan to do combat well past maxing out(like getting 120 in combat stats) or you dungeoneer alot. Keep in mind, it also wastes one inventory spot per task.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Herbicide'n'Bonecrusher as a combo on Chaos Druids ;)

Well in long term its good invest, u save few gps on those bones. Think also about Gem Bag, with ring of wealth which increase gem drop it can nice addon to tasks.

Sufem.png

I plan to get one and use it camping for Challenge Scrolls. That way, at least I'll get *something* from camping for Challenge Scrolls.

I'd never use it 100% at slayer because (1) I save dragon bones for my gilded and (2) not everything drops bones.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

This is the main reason I got Bonecrusher. When I go do falconry for the shattered heart rocks, not having to bury/drop the bones almost doubles my hunting speed.

It's not something you want if you're using it to train prayer. If you're using it like I do - taking along on slayer tasks where I don't usually pick up bones (dagannoths, fire giants, bloodvelds, etc.) - it's nice to get the bones out of the way and get a little exp for them.

imevil.jpg

Indeed, it might not be efficient but if you enjoy Dungeoneering then it might be something to buy with your tokens. I took mine doing falconry today and it was brilliant to use there :) People sometimes forget that it can be used with Hunter as well as combat.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

[hide=tl-dr below, but here is the proof of whats stated there]Consider that, on a GOOD team, the average large dungeon is 40 minutes for ~6k tokens. Thus, you need 5.67 hours to get all the tokens. If you also consider time it would take to rush through the early floors and leave some room for error, you could round that up to 6 hours. So it takes 6 hours to get Bonecrusher/Herbicide.

Anyone can make 1m/hr, so at MINIMUM, you are paying 6m for that bonecrusher or herbicide, and unlike items, you cannot sell them back.

Then consider that the bonecrusher is really only going to be working on bones and big bones, with a bias toward bones, so let's say the average bone you crush gets you 7-8 prayer xp.

For 6m, you can get nearly 400k prayer xp with dbones. That's equivalent to about 57k bones. Ask yourself, are you going to go kill 57k monsters? If the average slayer task is 170 monsters, that's 335 slayer tasks, and then consider that for all dragon tasks you won't want it active, and most slayer monsters don't even drop bones of any kind. Suddenly, you may find yourself needing double that amount of slayer tasks (about 700 tasks) to merely make the bonecrusher a worthwhile buy. If you assume each task gives 20k slayer xp, you'll find that you have more than enough xp to get 99 slayer.

All for 400k prayer xp that you can achieve in about 2 hours?

And remember, that's if you're relatively poor and can only make 1m per hour. Good players, especially those with 99 slayer, can get as high as 2m or 3m per hour, and I've heard even 5m per hour. Assuming a "modest" 3m per hour, you pay 18m for the bonecrusher, equal to over 1.1m prayer xp, or 161k+ monsters and 1.9k slayer tasks required to "pay-off" the bonecrusher. That's 38m slayer xp. Any idea how LONG that's going to take you?

A lot longer than the 4-5 hours needed to get 1.1m prayer xp, I'll tell you that.

Herbicide is similar. If you take away herbs that you don't want to burn (lantadymes, irit, kwuarm, ranarr, etc) that's an average of about 21 herb xp per herb burnt. If you are paying 18m for the herbicide, that's about 600k herblore xp you want to compensate for. That means you are going to need over 67k herb drops to pay off the herbicide (after considering that not every herb drop will be one you want to burn). Even if you killed Aberrant Spectres all day and every single drop was an herb drop, that would take you hundreds of hours to complete, and you can get 600k herb xp in less than 2 hours with Overloads, and in about 7-8 hours with prayer potions.

And this is assuming you always have a good, sub-40 minute large team and your prestige is near maxed!. For example, if you used w117 teams, which take about 75 minutes per large, the cost you pay for the bonecrusher/herbicide nearly doubles, and thus you near double the time to pay off buying it. If you only have 35 prestige, you'll only average about 4k tokens per dungeon, and thus you'll need over 33% more time.

[/hide]

tl;dr

I can't think of a single reason why you would want it. It's a remarkable waste of tokens, a hassle to bring to training/slayer locations (upsetting otherwise perfect setups and forfeiting some drops because you need 1 more invent space), and a waste of time and money. You could say "it makes life easier", but it really doesn't. You need HUNDREDS of hours to justify spending those tokens. Ask yourself, is it easier to spend 2 hours getting the xp it's going to give you in hundreds? Or are you going to go through the hassle of completing lesser floors, finding a team, dealing with noobs on the team, finally saving up enough tokens in over 10/15, maybe even 20 hours of Dungeoneering (considering you are level 45), then go out to kill ____ monster or slay for hundreds of hours just for the pleasure of "not having to pick up and bury bones", a skill that you can do ANYWAY?

Of course, this entire argument is moot if you have enough tokens that you bought Chaotic Rapier, Chaotic Maul, Chaotic Crossbow, Scroll of Life, Rigour, Augury, and Chaotic Staff, all of which are better buys (heck, nearly everything is a better buy, but those are the most useful) than Herbicide/Bonecrusher. Getting all of those items easily lands you at about ~93 Dungeoneering. If you have over 93 Dungeoneering and got enough tokens to take your daily bath in, go for it.

Otherwise, to hell with it.

[hide=tl-dr below, but here is the proof of whats stated there]Consider that, on a GOOD team, the average large dungeon is 40 minutes for ~6k tokens. Thus, you need 5.67 hours to get all the tokens. If you also consider time it would take to rush through the early floors and leave some room for error, you could round that up to 6 hours. So it takes 6 hours to get Bonecrusher/Herbicide.

Anyone can make 1m/hr, so at MINIMUM, you are paying 6m for that bonecrusher or herbicide, and unlike items, you cannot sell them back.

Then consider that the bonecrusher is really only going to be working on bones and big bones, with a bias toward bones, so let's say the average bone you crush gets you 7-8 prayer xp.

For 6m, you can get nearly 400k prayer xp with dbones. That's equivalent to about 57k bones. Ask yourself, are you going to go kill 57k monsters? If the average slayer task is 170 monsters, that's 335 slayer tasks, and then consider that for all dragon tasks you won't want it active, and most slayer monsters don't even drop bones of any kind. Suddenly, you may find yourself needing double that amount of slayer tasks (about 700 tasks) to merely make the bonecrusher a worthwhile buy. If you assume each task gives 20k slayer xp, you'll find that you have more than enough xp to get 99 slayer.

All for 400k prayer xp that you can achieve in about 2 hours?

And remember, that's if you're relatively poor and can only make 1m per hour. Good players, especially those with 99 slayer, can get as high as 2m or 3m per hour, and I've heard even 5m per hour. Assuming a "modest" 3m per hour, you pay 18m for the bonecrusher, equal to over 1.1m prayer xp, or 161k+ monsters and 1.9k slayer tasks required to "pay-off" the bonecrusher. That's 38m slayer xp. Any idea how LONG that's going to take you?

A lot longer than the 4-5 hours needed to get 1.1m prayer xp, I'll tell you that.

Herbicide is similar. If you take away herbs that you don't want to burn (lantadymes, irit, kwuarm, ranarr, etc) that's an average of about 21 herb xp per herb burnt. If you are paying 18m for the herbicide, that's about 600k herblore xp you want to compensate for. That means you are going to need over 67k herb drops to pay off the herbicide (after considering that not every herb drop will be one you want to burn). Even if you killed Aberrant Spectres all day and every single drop was an herb drop, that would take you hundreds of hours to complete, and you can get 600k herb xp in less than 2 hours with Overloads, and in about 7-8 hours with prayer potions.

And this is assuming you always have a good, sub-40 minute large team and your prestige is near maxed!. For example, if you used w117 teams, which take about 75 minutes per large, the cost you pay for the bonecrusher/herbicide nearly doubles, and thus you near double the time to pay off buying it. If you only have 35 prestige, you'll only average about 4k tokens per dungeon, and thus you'll need over 33% more time.

[/hide]

tl;dr

I can't think of a single reason why you would want it. It's a remarkable waste of tokens, a hassle to bring to training/slayer locations (upsetting otherwise perfect setups and forfeiting some drops because you need 1 more invent space), and a waste of time and money. You could say "it makes life easier", but it really doesn't. You need HUNDREDS of hours to justify spending those tokens. Ask yourself, is it easier to spend 2 hours getting the xp it's going to give you in hundreds? Or are you going to go through the hassle of completing lesser floors, finding a team, dealing with noobs on the team, finally saving up enough tokens in over 10/15, maybe even 20 hours of Dungeoneering (considering you are level 45), then go out to kill ____ monster or slay for hundreds of hours just for the pleasure of "not having to pick up and bury bones", a skill that you can do ANYWAY?

Of course, this entire argument is moot if you have enough tokens that you bought Chaotic Rapier, Chaotic Maul, Chaotic Crossbow, Scroll of Life, Rigour, Augury, and Chaotic Staff, all of which are better buys (heck, nearly everything is a better buy, but those are the most useful) than Herbicide/Bonecrusher. Getting all of those items easily lands you at about ~93 Dungeoneering. If you have over 93 Dungeoneering and got enough tokens to take your daily bath in, go for it.

Otherwise, to hell with it.

There's more that you forgot. Each task where you bring a bonecrusher, you give up an inventory slot that could be used to bring back an extra drop. Even if that drop is just a sapphire or irit (common drops that I might leave on the ground when I'm short on space), that's 2k or so worth of value you're losing each task in order to gain the marginal prayer boost you're getting.

Also, by spreading your prayer training out over so much combat training, you lose the opportunity you'd normally get to train prayer up to 95 and then do your slayer. Obviously you don't need the prayer xp if you're already 95, right? But with the bonecrusher, by the time you get turmoil, you're already done with all your slaying; with conventional methods, you get to actually use turmoil while you're slaying.

Also, by spreading your prayer training out over so much combat training, you lose the opportunity you'd normally get to train prayer up to 95 and then do your slayer. Obviously you don't need the prayer xp if you're already 95, right? But with the bonecrusher, by the time you get turmoil, you're already done with all your slaying; with conventional methods, you get to actually use turmoil while you're slaying.

Not necessarily true. If the required pay-off xp is 1.1m (for 3m/hr earners), you could already have 95 prayer and use the extra xp for 99 prayer, which is why I excluded that. But that's a special and rare case, relatively speaking.

Otherwise, though, you are absolutely right. You are losing the early ability to Piety/Turmoil your tasks. Which makes the Bonecrusher seem even MORE like something I'd use as a paperweight.

if ur planning on getting bonecrusher just for slayer it is a waist. but if your planning on maxing combat on something noob like bandits... then it would probably be worth somewhat worth while... but not going do the calcs...and u wont be worrying about saving inventory space.

also i figure your going want to train dung sometime.. and getting 120 your going to have loads of extra points laying around so anything to even slightly help other skills are worth getting

but where bonecrusher is really useful is for hunting saves you alot of time when hunting things

ps. im 78 dung with stream necklace, scroll of life and scroll of efficiency, bone crusher and gem bag and have a tier 8 ring + 48k tokens sitting i am not sure what to do with yet.. so u get plenty of tokens to use. and should have 100k tokens before i hit 80 dung.

Don't be in Fear

Bigie is here

104 Dungeeonering and I do a few slayer tasks a week, problem is it's not really noticeable unless you're on a task that drops big bones, the small bones only add up to like 800 xp per task, that's 4 Dragon bones.

Plus a lot of slayer creatures don't drop bones, Gargoyles, Any demon (large portion of tasks) and Strykewyrms. Not forgetting Dragons you simply wouldn't take one.

I wouldn't really purchase one.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png