Sumona or Duradel

Kirbyallstar

Sumona or Duradel?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Sumona or Duradel?

Background:

I'm a range tank. I have 140k tokens for rigour. Getting 74 pray will make me 100 combat. I'm trying my hardest to never train summon (or else I'd go for kuradal). I don't want to summon because opening up more things to do in runescape will make me want to play more and wreak havoc on my social life. Getting rigour is 50/50 to me; I'm not sure I'd like sacrificing my defence to have a CHANCE of hitting an extra 30.

I've gotten 87 almost 88 slay with only sumona. I have no problem sticking with her. I don't plan on maxing out my def.

Pros for 100 combat:

Black drags, dark beasts, steel drags, mith drags open up. More monsters per task. More points for task.

Cons against 100 combat:

Goraks and suqahs open up. I lose blue drags. I'd be up against 92-95 def range tanks. Their def bonus would be around 9 points higher than mine. If I'm not praying, easier to get clawed or hand cannon rushed. Terrorbirds instead of torts if I ever decide to do the quest.

Grey area:

Waterfiends. Never tried them, seemed kinda iffy with range. I lose sumona's challenge for Duradel's. I kinda liked killing the KQ. I don't really skip that many tasks with sumona, so I don't really need extra points. Skeletal wyverns? I've never had a black demon or scabarite task from sumona for some reason

Conclusion:

I guess what I'm really aiming for is whether or not its wise for a not maxed range tank to get rigour. Luck plays a great deal in pking; I've died a bunch to tanks that have 70 def to my 81, with them using a msb. I've only seen 1 person with rigour pking, his name is iRigour and he has the same stats as me haha. Unfortunately I didn't get to talk to him about whether he won more fights.

Thank you for your time, and if you read this I would appreciate some kind of input. Please don't shrug this off and not post anything :)