New GPU Suggestions

Jernlov

So I was playing some TF2 today, and bam - suddenly locked up. About five seconds later, this happened:

o94pvl.jpg

My card is a three year-old G80 8800GTS 640MB and the heat it generates probably was its undoing. Currently, I'm thinking about an ATi 5670 (1 / 2) seeing as I mostly play Source games and 2D shooters that aren't graphically intensive at all. I'd really appreciate any input and I don't want to spend over £100, seeing as I've just paid for a new phone line + internet.

Also of note: I've been having the problems with lockups but no artifacts for 6 months now, but I wrote it off as bad drivers. However, I upgraded, downgraded and upgraded again today - lockups with artifacts persist in TF2, Oblivion and Stalker, but they seem to be more frequent on 197.* versions of Forceware. Cleaned out my card a week ago and high temperatures plus crashes still occured, so I think it's definitely time to get a new GPU.

Oh, and my resolution is 1440x900.

Yep, will suit your needs. I don't remember which has the best warranty period, Asus or Sapphire (i think Asus has longer), so you might want to check out that before choosing.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé