"mystic" staffs

Kata_Phfract__the_slayer

It would be nice, agreed, but it is worth the time and effort to develop and balance? You can see from this thread alone that it might involve a complete rework of the staff system. Is it THAT important?

Or is it better to just turn a blind eye and accept it as just another one of those things that doesn't make too much sense?

It doesn't involve much "work". Like I said, simply increase the damage capability of these staffs.

Battlestaves: 5% damage

Mystic staves: 10% damage

Ancient staff: 15% damage

SOL: 20% damage

Chaotic staff: 30% damage

As for the talisman staff, give it 10 free teleports to the respective altar (any + zmi if it's omni), and to recharge it you must take it back to the Runecrafting guild (repair for free).

There, simple fix ^^

If it were ok and not overpowering for them to have that %, why did Jagex not give them that in the first place, instead of something lower?

yea, the numbers might be a bit high, point stands shouth. mystic staffs are a melee weapon not a mage weapon.

ohhh, a wizard staff has a knob at the end!...

Yes! Yes! Yes! Discworld ftw!

Could just give them a chance of casting their respective elemental spell for free. Then the question is what % do you have so it's useful, but not overpowered. And er, no free teleports to RC altars. Person gets say 10 staffs, that's 100 teleports before you recharge. No. Current RC altar teleport works, because you have to constantly play the game for tabs. Probably useful for skill pures, as I can't think of any other effective way for them to RC without being eaten.

Well, maybe laws... since those talismans are tradeable...

I find it kinda dumb how long staffs have been pushed on us as hybriding weapons, considering a true hybrid would just take another weapon.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.