"mystic" staffs

Kata_Phfract__the_slayer

why do mystic staffs have the same (mage) attack as even a basic elemental staff?!

i can understand battle staffs, give mages more defence to compensatefor there armours lack of armour, but thay go one step past that and create an item even more exspensive and shove a load of melee stats in to it?! and then thay call it mystic...

it still has 10 mage accuracy! there are amulets that have accuracy! in f2p?!!

why are mystic staffs so pointlessly strong (yet still weak for the weapons in that class) for a combat class there never used for but so weak for a class there ALLWAYS used for??!?!?! :wall:

arrghhh!....

ok i feal better now, and no this rant is NOT becouse i got one and found out it fails.

but you have to be honest, there called mystic staffs, thay are the highest grade of elemental staff, but thay still are as strong (as a mage weapon) as a staff costing 1k gp. even with duel ele staffs thay come in chaper battlestaff versions.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

I thought mystic staffs were the equivalent of a rune longsword...?

I believe the idea was to try and bridge the gap between magic and melee back when it was released.

... but no one uses them anyway (SoL is the equivalent of a dragon weapon now, and no one uses it for melee I think).

Give all battlestaffs +5% mage damage, and mystic staffs +10% mage damage. Problem solved.

Perhaps give talisman staffs +5% mage damage as well since they're just talismans on a stick right now.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I see your point and I agree. I'm not sure why they would even make stronger versions of MAGIC staffs by adding offensive MELEE stats to them. Shows how melee biased this game (is) used to be.

Sephy.png

I use my staff of light for training Strength, its just marginally worse than a saradomin sword if used with melee void and barrows gloves.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

Give all battlestaffs +5% mage damage, and mystic staffs +10% mage damage. Problem solved.

Perhaps give talisman staffs +5% mage damage as well since they're just talismans on a stick right now.

Yeaaa, make ancient staffs drop as hell

58dd8b2b.gif

#t0 #ce #teamsweden #se @swiftirc

#clan_europe @Quakenet

Give ancient staffs +15% damage?

What aboot the SoL....k, got other things then 15% going for it, but still...

The idea behind battlestaffs, and most of Jagex's magic staffs is that you have a decent melee weapon to back you up once you run outta runes.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

The idea behind battlestaffs, and most of Jagex's magic staffs is that you have a decent melee weapon to back you up once you run outta runes.

if you run out of runes, then your not going to use the staff as the weapon (siwtch to a whip?), that and your very under-prepeared.

if your in dangerous pvp, at that point you telyport out insted of whacking the other guy with a stick!

if you run out of runes, then your not going to use the staff as the weapon (siwtch to a whip?), that and your very under-prepeared.

if your in dangerous pvp, at that point you telyport out insted of whacking the other guy with a stick!

I'm just saying, that's what Jagex has in mind with a lot of staffs, such as mystics, ahrims, ancient, SoL. Why else do they have some melee combat stats and an attack requirement?

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I'm just saying, that's what Jagex has in mind with a lot of staffs, such as mystics, ahrims, ancient, SoL. Why else do they have some melee combat stats and an attack requirement?

yes i know you speak the truth, but one can still agree that thay should still be better at mage. an emergency melee weapon can be nice, but i would trade all of its melee attacks stats for +1 to mage accuracy. i can just take a dragon dagger at half the price of some of them and still be twice as efective.

Here's the deal with mystic staves. One upon a time, back in Runescape Classic, there was no combat triangle. Ranged and magic were VERY clearly "support" classes, with no expectation that they could be useful in their own right. Melee WAS combat.

One interesting quirk was that spells could be cast WHILE FIGHTING WITH MELEE, effectively adding extra damage against a foe. So, mystic staves were at the time an interesting weapon because you could save some cash on runes by getting infinite elemental runes and casting fire bolt or whatever, get a little magic bonus to help your spells not fail, AND still have something equivalent to a rune long (one of the better weapons of the time, though by no means the best) to attack with. It was, all in all, a useful quest reward.

Then RS2 came out and Jagex didn't do a damn thing about making mystic staves anything other than the worst "mage" equipment idea you can possibly imagine.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I don't see the problem here. It's illogical and counter-intuitive at best, but it does not warrant any sort of fix.

Some staves happen to be decent melee weapons. I can't see any major problem with that.

I don't see the problem here. It's illogical and counter-intuitive at best, but it does not warrant any sort of fix.

Some staves happen to be decent melee weapons. I can't see any major problem with that.

indeed, there is no problem. but it still is "illogical and counter-intuitive".

thats all im saying.

...although a fix would be nice :oops:

thats all im saying.

It would be nice, agreed, but it is worth the time and effort to develop and balance? You can see from this thread alone that it might involve a complete rework of the staff system. Is it THAT important?

Or is it better to just turn a blind eye and accept it as just another one of those things that doesn't make too much sense?

thats all im saying.

It would be nice, agreed, but it is worth the time and effort to develop and balance? You can see from this thread alone that it might involve a complete rework of the staff system. Is it THAT important?

Or is it better to just turn a blind eye and accept it as just another one of those things that doesn't make too much sense?

i dont think it should take THAT much time.

besides, if jagex really is trying to balance the combat triangle, this would be a good medium level place to do that.

but meh, blind eye it shal be. remeber this was just a rant, not a sugestion or a request, just my vew on something that i find anoying.

It doesn't involve much "work". Like I said, simply increase the damage capability of these staffs.

Battlestaves: 5% damage

Mystic staves: 10% damage

Ancient staff: 15% damage

SOL: 20% damage

Chaotic staff: 30% damage

As for the talisman staff, give it 10 free teleports to the respective altar (any + zmi if it's omni), and to recharge it you must take it back to the Runecrafting guild (repair for free).

There, simple fix ^^

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

As for the talisman staff, give it 10 free teleports to the respective altar (any + zmi if it's omni), and to recharge it you must take it back to the Runecrafting guild (repair for free).

So... 1 runecrafting guild teletab for 10 free altar teleports?

Yeah, no, that totally won't ruin the runecrafting skill.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Yeah nobody even plays gop cuz it sucks as a minigame :rolleyes:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Yeah nobody even plays gop cuz it sucks as a minigame :rolleyes:

I guarantee they would after that update.

I guarantee they would after that update.

And with so many people playing, it would also mean a whole bunch of noobs would try and play as well.

Which would probably end in utter chaos.

Besides, you still need to play regularly for tokens needed for the guild teletabs as well as for the talisman staffs.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

It doesn't involve much "work". Like I said, simply increase the damage capability of these staffs.

There, simple fix ^^

If it were ok and not overpowering for them to have that %, why did Jagex not give them that in the first place, instead of something lower?

There, simple fix ^^

If it were ok and not overpowering for them to have that %, why did Jagex not give them that in the first place, instead of something lower?

yea, the numbers might be a bit high, point stands shouth. mystic staffs are a melee weapon not a mage weapon.

ohhh, a wizard staff has a knob at the end!...