An addition to Tip.It's GE Centre that would be great for merchanters

tedbundty

I'm sure most of you know about the buy limits on the GE. Many items are not good for merchanting because of this.

For example, tree seeds used to be great to merch because you could buy 1k per 4 hours. Because they're so high priced (even up to and over 200k each for mage seeds) you could buy tens of millions and even hundreds of millions worth every 4 hours. Now that Jagex changed their buy limit to 100 instead of 1k they're not so great for merchanting anymore because now you can only get millions per hour (except for palm tree seeds and mage seeds).

The point I'm trying to make here is that it's very useful for Merchanters to know how much gp worth of an item they can buy every 4 hours, especially to be able to quickly tell which items you can put a lot of money into every 4 hours. So I propose that Tip.It add a section to their GE Centre that multiplies the buy limit times the price of the item and then lets you sort descending or ascending.

What it would take to do this is that every individual item would need to have the buy limit figured out. This wouldn't be all that difficult, though, because items of the same sort usually have the same buy limits (i.e. herbs have 10k, logs have 25k, ores have 25k, etc.).

Who's with me? Why or why not? Is there a slight change or addition you'd like to make to my suggestion? If so, please explain.

................................[Currently Have - 1300M].................................

............tedsignature.jpg............

My Beginner's Merchanting Guide - My Youtube Channel - My Twitter

Who's with me? Why or why not? Is there a slight change or addition you'd like to make to my suggestion? If so, please explain.

Is there a list of buy limits anywhere?

If not, what you're actually asking for is that the crew create and then maintain an active list of buy limits for every GE item, which I imagine would be a large task.

If not, what you're actually asking for is that the crew create and then maintain an active list of buy limits for every GE item, which I imagine would be a large task.

The buy limits almost never change, though, so it's a once and done kind of deal. Runescape Wiki has a good list of the buy limits which i think covers all items: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Grand_Exchange#Buying_.26_selling_rates.28Grand_Exchange_Limitations.29

................................[Currently Have - 1300M].................................

............tedsignature.jpg............

My Beginner's Merchanting Guide - My Youtube Channel - My Twitter

The buy limits almost never change, though, so it's a once and done kind of deal. Runescape Wiki has a good list of the buy limits which i think covers all items: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Grand_Exchange#Buying_.26_selling_rates.28Grand_Exchange_Limitations.29

Sounds good to me. I, or a reliable friend, can personally confirm from past experience about half of that list.