New Foo Fighters Album

Pat_61

So the Foo Fighters are releasing a new album, all recorded in Dave's garage.

http://www.foofighters.com/us/front

http://www.spinner.com/2010/04/28/foo-fighters-new-album-2011/

http://www.nme.com/news/foo-fighters/50901

The Foo Fighters have 15 songs written for their next record, but don't expect a new album to drop this year. "It's definitely in the fetal stages," drummer Taylor Hawkins tells Spinner.

"In all honesty, Dave's got 15 or so song ideas that are awesome and we've already demoed some of them twice even," he adds of Foo frontman Dave Grohl. "We do a lot of demoing to find exactly the arrangements we want, getting them exactly how we want them. It's a large process for us. It takes a long time to do it. We don't just say, 'OK, let's go make a record and pop in the studio and record it just like that.' There's a lot of preproduction that goes into making a Foo Fighter record. Well, so far."

With Grohl active with Them Crooked Vultures and Hawkins busy with his project, Taylor Hawkins and the Coattail Riders -- whose second record, 'Red Light Fever,' is out now -- the new Foo record won't surface until 2011, says Hawkins. Far from distracting the band, he adds, the side projects energize them.

"All that stuff in the past, it's proven to be recharging," he says. "As long as everybody's ready, as long as we don't do it because we feel like we have to, like because the record company wants another record, that kind of crap never makes good music. I'm sure there are exceptions, but for the most part, you want everybody to really want to be doing it. Especially Dave, because they're his songs. If he's excited and really wants to do it -- and he appears to -- we're in great shape. We'll have a new record in a year."

So the record will definitely be out in 2011? "Absolutely," Hawkins says. "It's very much in the beginning stages but we have a very strong start and we're excited. They're really cool songs. I know its going to be great."

Foo Fighters' Taylor Hawkins has confirmed that the group are "absolutely" releasing a new album in 2011.

The as-yet untitled LP will be the band's seventh studio album, with Hawkins revealing that it's currently "in the fetal stages" of development.

"In all honesty, Dave [Grohl]'s got 15 or so song ideas that are awesome and we've already demoed some of them twice even," the drummer told SpinnerMusic.co.uk. "We do a lot of demoing to find exactly the arrangements we want, getting them exactly how we want them."

He added: "It's a large process for us. It takes a long time to do it. We don't just say, 'OK, let's go make a record and pop in the studio and record it just like that.' There's a lot of preproduction that goes into making a Foo Fighters record. Well, so far."

Set to release a new album and play a London club show with Taylor Hawkins And The Coattail Riders, the drummer added that having side-projects away from the Foo Fighters has always benefited the band.

"All that stuff in the past, it's proven to be recharging," he explains. "As long as everybody's ready, as long as we don't do it because we feel like we have to, like because the record company wants another record, that kind of crap never makes good music."

He added: "I'm sure there are exceptions, but for the most part, you want everybody to really want to be doing it. Especially Dave [Grohl], because they're his songs. If he's excited and really wants to do it, and he appears to, we're in great shape. We'll have a new record in a year."

Meanwhile, Dave Grohl, Josh Homme and John Paul Jones are set to record a new album as Them Crooked Vultures later this year.

Anyone else excited?

I Support TET!| If you want bunny PM Me.|Click For My DevArt

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

IT'S A TRAP SHINY JUST WANTS TO STALK YOU.

Hell yeah I do. Whats your msn?

That's how it all starts.

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.

Frankly I'm more excited about the next TCV album than this.

I've come to expect great albums from Dave Grohl and the bunch, because they do it so often, so instead of getting hyped about it months and months in advance, I just listen to what I've already got. Then when a new album comes out, I get it and add it to the collection.

I have heard that there aren't going to be any acoustic songs on the album. Just straight up in your face rock. Honestly I liked their slow stuff just as much as their harder songs.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

Frankly I'm more excited about the next TCV album than this.

I've come to expect great albums from Dave Grohl and the bunch, because they do it so often, so instead of getting hyped about it months and months in advance, I just listen to what I've already got. Then when a new album comes out, I get it and add it to the collection.

I have heard that there aren't going to be any acoustic songs on the album. Just straight up in your face rock. Honestly I liked their slow stuff just as much as their harder songs.

Yeah TCV is overshadowing FF right now for me because of there being more recent stuff, but I think FF can take the top again for me. I prefer Grohls's singing compared Homme's.

I do agree with there should be a few acoustics. My Hero and Everlong acoustics are probably some of the best ones they have ever done acoustic. I am still waiting to here The Pretender acoustic(Hahaha Dave said at an acoustic concert when someone shouted that out, that it wasn't gonna happen... xD).

I Support TET!| If you want bunny PM Me.|Click For My DevArt

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

IT'S A TRAP SHINY JUST WANTS TO STALK YOU.

Hell yeah I do. Whats your msn?

That's how it all starts.

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.

Oohh awesome! I am definitely looking forward to this :) *plays some Foo Fighters song to get excited*

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog