Blastbox/Surgebox question.

Youmu

As we all know, the blastbox and surgebox were made available in the Daemonheim floors themselves.

My question is, though, do the boxes under Daemonheim have the 25% extra damage potential every 5 hits? I've heard in some places it does, but some it doesn't.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I doubt they do. I've heard more no reports than yes. And the no reports come form more logical reliable friends where as the yes reports are more from friends who don;t get a whip 1 day at abbys so start asking if they r nerfed.

Plus according to game FAQ they were only added to level the playing field for start room.

Melee could bind all they needed to fight. (a weapon)

Rangers could bind 125 arrows and a bow.

Mage could only bind 1 rune type (and perhaps an elemental staff); now mages can bind 125 of a specific spell using the box.

So logically speaking in terms of keeping the playing field level they shuldnt have the damage boost, as no other fighting class does.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Nope.

The only time I've noticed Fire Blast hit more than 160 is when an empowered staff was also equipped. Otherwise it's been under 160 always. The extra 'splats' of damage that sometimes follow an attack, with a white ring appearing around the victim's feet aren't due to the blastbox, that's the Blazer ring's effect.