Can't Logon to RuneScape site?

Ghost_Phriek

I seem to not be able to logon to RuneScape's website in any way. I can Login to the game no problem, but ever since the forum update, every time I try I get a "The connection was reset" page. Does anyone know what to do/why this is happening? I tried submitting a bug report, but I need to Login for that.

Thanks for any help!

Did you try a different browser? eg. The Runescape Client, IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari...

Also, are you running an older version of Java? Note that even if it's not an old version you could try reinstalling it and seeing if it works.

Did you install any add-ons to any current browsers that you have before this problem started happening?

Give a short explanation on how you access the game. eg. Do you have a link bookmarked to automatically play RS? Do you go to the homepage and click Play? Do you have it already built in so it automatically does it in custom clients (eg. SwiftKit)

You could also try clearing your cache, restarting your computer, etc. as sometimes weird little things like that can help.

Sorry if I'm throwing a million questions at you, but these could help narrow down your problem.

j0xPu5R.png

A million questions are good, if you ask me. :D

1. I have tried both FireFox(my main browser) as well as Chrome.

2. ( I'll have to try this now, I left it blank so I could get a reply out a bit faster. )

3. FireFox had some type of error last week in which I couldn't install any new Add-Ons. I had to completely delete and reinstall FireFox. I've only installed two new Add-Ons and have already deleted/reinstalled them. With no luck.

4. I use the official RuneScape client to access the game. It no longer provides access to the site, though. I think it's because I am running Windows 7, as my fiance is running Vista and she can still access the site through the game client.

5. I have restarted my computer a few times now. Mostly for other reasons, but it has been restarted.