Your Experiences

Laura

The warrant of near-every LCD panel states that a few (Usually less than seven or three touching) stuck pixels is a symptom of the manufacturing process and not a defect, and therefore is not covered by the warranty. If you know of a brand that covers any stuck pixels, please let me know though.

I don't know for nowadays but I know most companies used to cover the dead/stuck pixels.

You'd think they would. It's one of the most annoying things ever. I went through two monitors before I found one that was good. Luckily I tested the first one before the 14 day return limit was up.

Weird, on all the screens I bought (including LCD TV), I never got a dead/stuck pixel. I could try to count those I had in the past and those I have now.

I may have had a streak of bad luck. The first one had a Red pixel in the middle, and the second one had a black one on the edge, which I almost missed. Better not to risk a $20 RMA shipping charge and buy from a store IMO.

I agree with buying the screen at the stores, or even better, at a local computer shop where you'll find better quality if it's a good computer shop, although most of those I went to were pretty bad, overcharing quite a lot and selling extremely low quality stuff.

Actually, all the screens/tv I bought were at the store.