Dungeoneering: Mercenary room

Neohero1972

Hi

As the Topic Description says: How do I defeat the Mercenary Leader ?

I know from reading through the forum that the best way to defeat the Mercenary Room is to focus exclusively on the Mercenary Leader and teleport out of the room as soon as his "friends" arrive and wait for them to disappear before entering again - I did that !

The problem:

Almost as soon as I entered the room I got hit by a spell which froze me and then leader and the rest of his crew attacked me. I teleported out of the room, ate a few fish and entered the room once more. This time a got a few hits on the Mercenary Leader before I got frozen again and had to jump ship. Then I tried to use Protect from magic Prayer and this time I did marginally better, but I still couldn't defeat the leader and had to teleport out again.

This whole experience ended with me logging out (in frustration) and thereby loosing well over an hour which I had spent on clearing out rooms in the dungeon.

Can anybody tell me what they think I did wrong ?

ps. I couldn't avoid this room as I had cleared out every other room I could before the Mercenary Room !

You spent an hour clearing rooms? :x

There's the first thing, run through dungeons quicker so when stuff like this happens, you don't lose as much time or effort spent. The extra speed far makes up for the xp as well.

You spent an hour clearing rooms? :x

There's the first thing, run through dungeons quicker so when stuff like this happens, you don't lose as much time or effort spent. The extra speed far makes up for the xp as well.

Yes I use roughly 1 - 1.5 hours to clear every floor (currently at floor 18 with complexity 6)

I have just encountered another Mercenary Room - this time I tried to kill the Mercenary Leader by ranging him while praying against magic, but I still couldn't do much damage before I got frozen and had to evacuate the room.

I'm pretty stuck and simply don't know how to do this room !