Wondering something about Runtek 5

ssjim826

haha true, ive been trying to make a game and was gonna build my own scripting language for it. But it stumped me thinking about using the scripting language to program the graphics engine, other then using the graphics engine built into the scripting language.

"I will never falter, ill stand my ground"

I am 100% sure Runetek-5 engine is coded in Java/c++/assembler

. What do you mean by "update"? Do you mean update as in upgrading new things, or do you mean it as in updating certain things in the game loop? Good luck on your project! I use LUA in my various projects, whether it be games or general applications.

sigcp.png

65,280 to 99 fletching on 3-14-09

40,405 to 99 woodcutting on 10-17-2009

I am 100% sure Runetek-5 engine is coded in Java/c++/assembler

. What do you mean by "update"? Do you mean update as in upgrading new things, or do you mean it as in updating certain things in the game loop? Good luck on your project! I use LUA in my various projects, whether it be games or general applications.

Yea i meant using it to upgrade new things. How is LUA by the way? i was thinking of possibly using C++ with OpenGL and lua as a scripting language.

"I will never falter, ill stand my ground"

• 4 weeks later...

Runescript is most likely used for events in the world. Such as animations/sprites and movement. Deciding where an object should be placed on the map ( co-ordinates etc ). So i would only guess its a simple language (but powerful) for driving events.

In other words it makes it easy to plot cutscenes and animation loops etc.

The main "core" of runescape, (ie; graphics engine) is most likely working underneath runescript.

When the graphics engine code is updated they could easily provide new functions for runescript, as we've seen with particles + zbuffering effects for example.

Fluxbox.png