BEEEP!!!!

gorufriders

Ok, So whenever i log onto runescape, or have a bunch of windows open. The tower always starts putting out this extremely annoying beeping sound, it'll go on and off and if i don't close the windows and leave the computer for awhile it just gets worse and worse and eventually is a consistant beeping until i close everything. Its reallly pissing me off seems as i can't even play anymore for more then 20 Mins without going crazy. Im no computer wiz by any means but if someone could give me some advice and what to do i'd be really happy!!

Thanks,

Chips74

sig and avy by born2die

What kind of beeping is it? Could be the graphics card getting too hot, or generally stuff getting hot. When does it beep and when doesn't it?

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Are you sure it's beeping and not a scraping/grinding sound? Could be a wonky fan or a broken fan when your computer is hot.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

It's a high pitched very annoying beep, it starts of one beep every 30 seconds or so and then the beeps get longer and closer together and eventually it just doesn't stop. If im just cruising the forums or something and got nothing else open other then facebook or something its usually fine, but once i get other stuff like runescape or a bunch of other browsers open it starts. Now though if i only have runescape open and nothing else it also starts. If you need the specs of my comp or anything to help out i could check. I don't know much about computers, just like to enjoy them hahha. No im 100% positive it's a beeping, it's really weird

sig and avy by born2die

Definitely something overheating then by the sounds of it. Has it only just started? If so, it could just be due a clean and be overheating due to dust.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

its been doing it for a couple months, it was fine when i first got the comp and was playing rs on it then i quit for awhile and didn't playing really any other games. and then came back and it started and i've been on and off and whenever i start playing again it beeps. Ill open it up tomorrow and give it a good clean. Would just some electrical contact cleaner be good for some the "sensitive" spots?

sig and avy by born2die

Open the case and give it a good clean up with a soft brush or compressed air. Dust could be blocking fans, so give em a good clean, but be very careful. Double check the fans can spin freely.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

I just opened it up and holy CRAP! it was dirty :P there was a solid half inch of packed dust all around the housing of the one fan...opps hehehe i cleaned that out and gave everything else a good blow down, i just plugged it all back in and playing right now. Im keeping several windows open just to test how it is but i think we solved the problem. It's a million times quieter, before it sounded like a train coming through the room when i was running it. know i don't even notice. Thanks a milllion guys, now i don't gotta quit rs again :P

sig and avy by born2die