Ranged max hit correction

The max hit with 99 range and full void (no potion or prayer at all) using Broad-tipped bolts is incorrect. I just hit a 342 twice at green dragons with them with the exact same conditions as stated earlier.

I would appreciate if you corrected the calculator to make it more accurate :)

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

Heya, thank you for your submission :)

I take it you were using rapid style?

At any rate, I'll look into it. It seems the Void set gives a greater damage boost than the 20% boost that is advertised, and the folks over at RSWiki seem to be thinking the same thing. I'll see what I can do.

I've come to the conclusion Void does indeed grant a greater boost than is advertised, but I hadn't quite perfected what it is yet. It's been on my to do list to increase it's accuracy, but it's hard when the sample data is so few and far between. This is one more piece of data to use however. Thanks! :thumbup:

- Speedyshel

Website Updates and Corrections

c15800d76c.png

*..It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not..*

• 1 month later...

hey yeah, i was seeing some of a problem with the range calc i have 99 range an full voids, and eagle eye idk if i can help out in game to test some maxes or not but i do know max with dark bow ranging pot an full voids with eagle is 480 im not sure without voids tho

• 2 months later...

I always find it intriguing how people post LOWER numbers as max hit corrections, especially without evidence.

Afterall hitting higher all u need is 1 shot showing you doing it.

But lower?

Surely to verify that you need a whole heap of data showing absolutely no-one hitting what the calculator says is max across hundreds if not thousands of gihts.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Steel arrows & ranged lvl 72 should hit 105 not 106 :)

and same with ranged 73 should hit 106 not 107 :D

both with rapid.

nothing more to correct at the moment. :)

I hope the calculator will be corrected ^^

Hiya Assemblaged, thank you for your submission :)

I take it you actually got the "max hit splat" at 105 and 106 damage, respectively?

Anyway, as the formula's simply based on educated guesswork by various players, there's no way of telling it's a 100% correct. That said, there's been some activity on the RSOF lately, so I'll see if plugging in their slightly updated version of the formula will rectify things.

Erm seems like a good thing to point out:

Its proven that the max hit splat doesn't work as one might expect, last I heard people theorised it came up if u hit in the top 5% of ur damage range or sumat.

Case and point wuld be fighting AZs i had 3 hits in a row with it that were not the same number.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Erm seems like a good thing to point out:

Its proven that the max hit splat doesn't work as one might expect, last I heard people theorised it came up if u hit in the top 5% of ur damage range or sumat.

Case and point wuld be fighting AZs i had 3 hits in a row with it that were not the same number.

It generally works correctly - I've been getting the exact same 400 something number as my maximum hit while dungeoneering. It just seems to break when you're using certain damage bonuses. For example, if you use Chaos Gauntlets to boost Fire Bolt's maximum hit from 120 to 150, anything between 120 and 150 will show as "maximum hit" (unless that one's been fixed by now). There seem to be certain oddities for other damage bonuses as well.

I'm guessing it'll work fine for this particular case.

• 3 months later...

Bit late, but I've plugged in the latest formula from the RSOF. Should scale up the damage bonus granted by full void a little, from what I can see. Hope that takes care of the issues with the calculator being too cautious when estimating your max hit when wearing void.

New feedback in a new topic, please, for administrative purposes.