Item Database Page, IE8 & 9

radesch

Thank so much for this web site. This is the best site I have every used and I use your site for 2 of my 'home' pages.

Ever since I loaded IE 8 and now with IE 9 I am having 'slowness' issues with the text entry field. The curser does not show for a half a second or more and the flash ads stop responding for the same amount of time.

I think some of the issues are the loading of all of the pop up images but that is only a guess on my part.

Hope you can work on this but I will still use Tip.It exclusively.

Thanks, four years and counting.

anotherdad

Hi there,

Thanks for alerting us to this problem, I've made a small change to the site code that now limits the number of items that appear on the initial items list to 100. That way it won't lag when you first open the database. The changes should go live within a few days. :)

Tecmaster532.png
Tecmaster532.png
lm9dzxe3.png
Owner of the Quest Point Cape

I think some of the issues are the loading of all of the pop up images but that is only a guess on my part.

The main slowdown is caused by the large amount of items that is loaded when you first visit the page. Tecmaster532 has already prepared a fix for this. An item image is only loaded when you hover your mouse over an item name, so that is not causing any slowdown when loading the page. Just so you know :shades:

Xena_Dragon.png