How to start regicide

Hi,

while I was waiting for the quest Regicide to start, after I completed Underground Pass, I wondered why it took so long before the messenger of king Lathas came to me. I decided to try on the staff of Iban, and the moment I did that, the messenger came. Maybe handy to put in the guide? The messenger only comes when you PUT ON the staff of Iban after finishing Underground Pass, at least, that's what i think.

Not true.

The messenger comes at random and 1 lone example of the messenger happening to turn up for you when u happened to wield the staff does no constitute evidence that it is not random.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It's random.

Regicide was out for about a week before I got the messenger; I got it when I opened a gate. Doesn't mean opening a gate causes it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The quest has been out what 5 or 6 yrs? There to date has been no correlation of any particular 1 event causing the quest to start, if there was it'd of come up by now and be very apparent. It's been known since release, the messenger comes to you randomly. When it was first added iirc jagex noted the messenger ran on the same script as random events essentially.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Hello again tr33hugger,

Thank you for your submission, however I don't think equipting an Iban's staff is required to start regicide.

As I recall, the messenger came around half an hour after I had completed Underground Pass, and I've never used my Iban's staff after completing the quest. Although it may have taken a tad longer for him to show up in your case, what exactly (aside from wielding it) makes you think it was your Iban's staff that made it appear? Did a character mention it in dialog, or did it do anything it wouldn't normally do?

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Hello Jaffy1,

Well, to start with, I waited a couple of hours for it to start after I had finished Underground Pass, but nothing happened and no messenger showed up. I talked it over with a real life friend the next day, and he said, like you guys say, that the messenger showed up pretty fast after he ended Underground Pass. The day after that day I was wondering why it took so long and went to king Lathas a few times, but the only thing he said, was that the mages weren't ready yet... (i tried every 1 hour) When nothing happened after 4 tries, i decided to equip the staff of Iban (I hadn't done that before, just banked it immediately after obtaining), and the exact moment I did that, the messenger showed up. I thought it couldn't be coincedence..

But, apparently, it was. Although, I still have my doubts^^