spilled mouthwash on laptop

neanderthol

so i spilled about a table spoons worth of mouthwash on my laptops keyboard this morning. i got most of it out however there was a small amount left. i tryed my laptop now and everything works fine except the keyboard which is unresponsive. anyway i could fix it or is it just better to get another keyboard..

About the only thing you probably can do is take it apart and let it dry a "few" days or just buy a USB keyboard. You will probably have better luck with buying the new keyboard though.

Don1989.png

Is it not working because it is sticky or because it just doesn't do anything when you press keys? You could attempt to take the keys off, which is possible on most laptops (although it is slightly risky - do it at your own risk), and have a look to see if there is anything obvious. You should definitely do what the above poster said before anything too drastic - let it dry out or even use a hairdryer on it. If all else fails, call up the manufacturer if you want to continue to use the onboard keyboard instead of a USB one. With laptops, there's not a lot you can do unfortunately.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche