Google Docs help please

Thai_tong

I hope this is the right place for this, please move it if it isn't.

I have this google spreadsheet that calculates the minimum time someone has left until getting 200m in all skills Here. 1 sheet has the actual calculator on it which cannot be edited by people. The 2nd sheet just has a cell that people can put names into so the calculator can lookup their current xp.

The final time figure appears on the 1st sheet and it is a bit tedious to switch between sheets when I'm checking the top 15 players.

I'd like to just put in a code "=Time_calc!C2" onto the 2nd sheet so that people dont have to flick between sheets.

So the problem I have is that people like to destroy things and I know if I put that code there it would just be deleted.

So I'm wondering if it's possible to disallow people from editing 1 cell on an entire sheet that they can edit. Either that or allow them to edit 1 cell on a whole sheet that they aren't allowed to edit.

If it's possible could someone please tell me how it can be done :)

Thankyou in advance.

This feature does not exist in Google Docs. Try putting the formula on a locked sheet then displaying all of and only your results on an unlocked one.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009