Guide on how to craft nature runes using the graahk method

Uade

~~~GUIDE ON HOW TO CRAFT NATURE RUNES USING THE GRAAHK METHOD!~~~

THIS IS MY GUIDE. This was on another site but I am bringing it here too. So before you go and search this thread and think it's plagiarized, notice who the owner of the thread is, and the previous RSN.

Hello and welcome to my *first* ever guide for RuneScape. I love Runecrafting, so I want to show you one of the best ways to train it; Using Spirit Graahks! This thread is 98% made by me, I made almost all the pics, and typed just about all the words you are reading now. :P

As this is my first guide, all criticism welcomed!

I use ALOT of pictures in this guide, so I don't know if that will annoy people. I have it hidden though, to avoid possible lag when getting in this thread.

[spoiler=Some notes before we get started]This is safer than using the abyss, as there are no threats. It's also faster money and exp than using the abyss or crafting laws using the balloon method, yes faster and more exp per hr!

You're capable of getting 200k-400k gp per hour (it crashed alot, I know. -.-), depending on your rc level (at level 91 rc, you can get double nats 100% of the time for every one pure essence). A run can be anywhere from 50 seconds to 60-70 seconds, which you can get around 20-30k exp per hour. I'm at 64 Runecrafting (Now 84, but I made this guide at 64), and each run costs about 6k (the pure essence), however on average I make 13k worth of Nature Runes per run. And considering you can sell the rings of dueling and glories for almost the same price you paid for, and graahks are only 20k-30k and last about 49mins, that's profit. :P Really all of this depends on your speed, but this is one of the fastest money making methods and very fast runecrafting exp.

Note: Exp rates were quoted from Phoenix Odin, it may not entirely be that fast, or that you will never be able to equal up to the master of runecrafting's speed, but I'm telling you this so you can know.

If you have a high agility level (70-80+), you will find that you won't need energy potions, however, if you're very quick, having them in your bank isn't a bad idea.

You can empty your pouches and also teleport a little after the seconds hand-raising while crafting runes.

Inventory and worn equipment tab can be accessed by pressing F1 and F2 respectively.

With small, medium, big pouches I manage to craft an average of about 1800 (with some messing up) runes per graahk, so about it's about 2200 runes per hour. <- individual runes, not counting any bonus ones you may get.

>Have your mini-map oriented to "east" and have your screen size set to "fixed"

>Once you've teleported to the graahk hunter area get your view as low as possible by pressing the "down arrow" key (or press the down key as you're teleporting), as this way you can click the nature altar once it's visible to you

>Once you've clicked the nature altar press the "up arrow" key to get your view higher, cause once you're in the nature altar you can see the altar already

[spoiler=Requirements]Skills:

At least level 57 Summoning

At least level 44 Runecrafting (however 50+ for the large pouch is recomended)

Level 66 Hunter is not necessary, but I recomended it! (I recomend 66 hunter for the spottier cape, it can help with decreasing your weight)

Items:

Again Penance gloves are not necessary, especially if you have a spottier cape, but if you are wearing heavy items, it can help!

Also pouches, pouches are not necessary, but VERY MUCH RECOMENDED.

Energy potions are recomended.

Agile top and Agile legs are not needed, but if you're wearing heavy items, it's pretty good.

[spoiler=The guide to Runecrafting via the Graahk Method!]

First getting there, go to Castle Wars, a Ring of Dueling can teleport you there, you can buy one off the G.E.

Please note if the pics do not load correctly (there's an X and a white screen), just get out of the guide and back in, it should work most of the time, or simply try refreshing the page.

runescapemapforrcnatsgr.png

Your character should be wearing this...

runescapercnatsgraahkin.png

Omni-tiara (or nature tiara)

Spotted/Spottier cape

Boots of Lightness

Glory (4) (Optional, not needed if you are using NPC contact spell, but can be useful incase you forget to bring a ring of dueling and need to teleport back to a bank)

Ring of Duelling (8)

A pickaxe or hatchet (inferno adze recomended as it's both) (Again a pickaxe or hatchet is optional, it depends whether or not you are using the abyss to repair your pouches)

And anything else you want to wear! Just make sure your weight is 0kg or less.

The bank is a chest, there's only one option, Bank! No collect or the other options.

runescapercnatsgraaking.png

Here is what your bank should contain when Runcrafting ( not everything in there of course :P)

Plenty of Pure Essence

Energy Restores

Spirit Graahk pouches

Ring of Duellings (8)

Glories (4) (glories are for when your pouches degrade)

Now this is probably one of the best pouch arrangements ever.

runescapercnatsgraakingb.png

The top pouch is a small pouch ( should be medium if you're lvl 75+ rc), the bottom left is a medium pouch (should be large if lvl 75+ rc) and the bottom right is a large pouch (should be giant if lvl 75+ rc).

What you should do is fill in the top pouch first, then bottom left, and then bottom right. This should always be the order, same for emptying pouches. (Please note, you do not bank three times if you have a medium, large, and giant pouch, still two)

Now what happens when there are alot of Spirit Graahks and you don't know which is yours? You could waste time cliking on each one, so do this, simply hit the follow option on your summoning icon near the minimap and your graahk will appear where this graahk is...

You can select a "left-click option" to make hitting the "follow" button easier. Oh and yay me I caught Phoenix Odin in this shot. :P

Easier now! Now click your Graahk and hit "interact", then you hit "Teleport."

You will teleport here! Run east.

Now here is the map, the red line is where you should be running, the red circle is where the Nature Altar is.

Now if your Summoning points are low, there is a mini obelisk nearby!

Here is a map where the obelisk is to better clarify where it is.

Okay, just keep moving east and you will get to the Nature Altar!

And again to better clarify where the Nature Altar is, here is the map.

Now when you click the Nature Altar (make sure you're wearing an omni-tiara or nature tiara AT ALL TIMES, sorry for you guys, you have to wear a tiara! I would suggest the omni-tiara though, least girly looking imo) you will enter here!

runescapercnatsgraakingu.png

Now when you're here, click the Altar, and right click on your top pouch getting ready.

runescapercnatsgraakingy.png

Now here is why this is a very good pouch arrangement, because when you finish crafting those runes, when you click on empty, your mouse will be hovering right over the bottom left pouch! So very quickly right click and click.

Then just empty your last pouch and clike the Altar again.

Now quickly go to your "Worn Equipment" highlight in red.

And go to your Ring of Dueling, right click it, and hover over "Castle Wars"

runescapercnatsgraakingf.png

Now you should click on "Castle Wars" a little before your character is finished his "rcing movement", this speeds things up.

After you teleport, you will be back at Castle Wars! All you need to do is run south to the bank, and repeat!

~~~~~RING OF DUELINGS~~~~~

You're runecrafting when you find your ring of dueling is at charge 2! What to do now?

Well teleport, but try not to teleport when your ring has one charge, you always bank ring of duelings (1) to save money! Here's what to do for the fastest banking.

First teleport, keeping the worn equipment on, then as you get to castle wars, clike the bank, quickly unweild the ring of dueling (1), and hit F1.

runescapercnatsgraakingx.png

Deposit your nature runes and ring of dueling, and click your ring of dueling (8) BEFORE you withdraw all your pure essence.

Simply get out of the bank, weild your ring of dueling (8) and fill your pouches, and get more pure ess and tele! Back to the normal cycle now!

~~~~~POUCHES DEGRADING~~~~~

Uh oh, you fill in your pouches and one of them degrades! What to do now? (Please note you can easily repair pouches by using the lunar spellbook. The spell is called "NPC Contact", it requires level 67 magic along with 1 astral rune, 1 cosmic, and 2 airs to cast. You choose the Dark Mage, scroll all the way to the bottom, and click on his face.

Dark Mage (Abyss)

First, fill up with pure essence, then go to worn equipment (or F2) and right click glory, and select "Edgeville"

You will teleport here, run north-east.

Here is a map of the area. The red line is where you should run, and the red circle is where the Zamorak Mage is, teleport by right clicking him. However, you will need to do him a favour in order to gain access to the Abyss.

Here is the Zamorak Mage. Choose teleport.

Here is a map of the Abyss, the red circle indicates the Dark Mage, he repairs pouches.

Right click on the Dark Mage, and click "Repair-pouches", hit continue when you're speaking, you don't have to continue what the mage says, as once you click continue the first time, the pouches are repaired. :P Do you see the red line and arrow I made? Once your pouch is repaired, go there, the Nature Altar "portal" is there.

Another pic to clarify things. As you can see, the pouch is repaired and he is still talking.

And you're back to your normal cycle again!

~~~~~GLORY (1)~~~~~

Your pouches degrade again, no worries, or is it? You find your glory has only one charge, what's the fastest way to unweild it and get a new one?

runescapercnatsgraahkinq.png

Very important, before you teleport, have one space open in your inventory.

After you have one space open, press your "down key" all the way, face east, then teleport, right click the bank and hit "use-quickly" or "bank", unweild your glory, and then hit F1.

Simply bank your glory, and get a new glory (4).

After that, weild your glory, and don't bother filling in that empty space with a pure essence, just go back to reparing your pouch. Saves time.

~~~~~GETTING A NEW GRAAHK POUCH~~~~~

Your Graahk disapeared? Deposit your nature runes, and click on your spirit graahk BEFORE you withdraw all your pure essence, then get out of the bank and summon your graahk and fill in your pouches.

runescapercnatsgraahking.png

After that get more pure essence to fill your inventory and you're back to the cycle!

~~~~~ENERGY RESTORES~~~~~

You notice your run energy is low (around 30-40, depending on agility level), what to do now?

Simple. First, deposite your nature runes and withdraw as much essence as you can. Fill your pouches, then click an energy restore BEFORE you withdraw your pure essence again. Teleport, and use your energy restores when you need to! :P (Note: finish your energy restore before you get to the Nature Altar even if you don't need it and then drop the empty vial)

Okay that's it! I'll probably be editing some things, but for now enjoy. :D

[spoiler=Credits]

Tip.It for some of the pictures/info.

Some Smokin Mils (Merchanting clan) members for some of the notes.

Me! For making the guide. :P

Ecruteak.png
Ecruteak.png

Ecruteak.png

RuneCrafting addict 

Divination addict

I take it the gp per hour hasnt been updated as nature rune price has plumeted. If I remember rightly after pure essence came in they were 330 each. About a year ago they were 270 each but have gone way down to 140 each. I work this out to 160k a hour which is very disappointing considering what it used to be.

Bdave.png

I take it the gp per hour hasnt been updated as nature rune price has plumeted. If I remember rightly after pure essence came in they were 330 each. About a year ago they were 270 each but have gone way down to 140 each. I work this out to 160k a hour which is very disappointing considering what it used to be.

160k gp per hour? Are you sure of that? I thought it would at least be 400K, but hey, I could be mistaken. I guess I could ask Phoenix Odin or someone. I'll edit it asap.

Ecruteak.png
Ecruteak.png

Ecruteak.png

RuneCrafting addict 

Divination addict

I recently got summoning up to do this and was suprised when I timed it and got 250k a hour and I have giant pouch! I used your figures of 2200 essence used per hour. Obviously the amount of natures you get changes now but I used 1.3times for the extra natures with giant pouch and multiplied this by 140.

Bdave.png

WHAT kind of xp per hour are you getting by the way?

I average around 23-25k per hr. Sometimes only 20k because I am slow. But Odin himself said 30k was possible.

Ecruteak.png
Ecruteak.png

Ecruteak.png

RuneCrafting addict 

Divination addict