dungeoneering tool

Hi, first let me say how great the site is, and I really appreciate how much work goes into maintaining and expanding it.

I have a question about the dungeoneering tool, the one which allows u to put the keys on the grid? As a regular keyer, I find this very useful but wonder why the large on is too small? Are there any plans to increase the size to match the map in dung? It would really be useful to make it oversize, because when we start a dung, we have no idea really of which direction the dung is going to expand.

A more elegant solution would be, and shouldn't be hugely complex to code.

Set start room in the centre for all map sizes; but put a small button of some kind at each edge

Then make it so that pressing that button "adds" a room to that edge by shuffling everything over.

So like you fill go two rooms left and hit the tools edge, but you haven't gone right yet and still have doors leading left. You click the button and it shuffles all icons rooms etc 1 space right thus allowing for the room further left.

Would make the tool a bit more dynamic, keep the size limitations to avoid it becoming huuuuuuge but also quickly and effectively deal with shifting the entire map about if you find you've placed it wrong in the grid.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Hey dafydd_balst, thank you for your suggestion :)

I agree that initially determining your exact starting position can be a bit of a pain. Personally, I find it easiest to mentally divide the in-game map into four blocks of 4x4 rooms and determine the exact starting position from there.

Adding controls to move the map about has been suggested before, and would actually require a fair amount of re-coding due to how the map planner is set up. It's on my list of things to do, though it's not very high up there, as this is just an inconvenience.

Fair enough, definitely would be a useful addition imo.

Though at least some explanation of how you work out the starting position would be good; since it seems there may be a fairly reliable way.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue