A Quick Video Project

Qeauxraline

This is something I put together a couple months ago for an inter-hall competition at the college I attend. While the story is a little convoluted, due to some time constraints, I really enjoy the directing, shots, editing, and special effects, which is what I got to do. Since I used a camera, I figured this was the place to post this. And, since this is not Reddit, I have no fear of the downvote. I used my Nikon D3100 for the video, which is by no means the best, but it got the job done. I used Adobe AE for the special effects and Final Cut to piece it all together. Let me know what you guys think!

qeauxraline.png

"Call now, and I'll replace your old television with a new one that looks just like it, while you sleep!" --Dogbert

You've got a really great film noir thing going on there, although for the sake of the genre it would be cool to take it even further, with more high-contrast lighting. Of course, given the budget you had (Presumably near nothing), this is quite good indeed. You were lucky to have so many actors too, when I shot a short myself I only had about three actors and half a room to shoot in. :-|

One problem as I see it is the music. Not to hate on Debussy, but that song just doesn't have enough feeling in it to make a good backdrop for drama. The other problem is just that, it's a backdrop instead of the focus, like I would imagine a music video would do.

Overall though, nice work.

C2b6gs7.png