0% Config on Download Client

Divine_Hero

I have done all of the options in the RS problem post, yet still having a problem. When running the Downloaded client of RuneScape, at some point, it freezes, so I close the client, and it will not become unfrozen. So, I re-open the client, and it says "Loading Configuration - 0%" The entire time, with nothing loading. I also run the web client, and I get the game crash error every time I load the game, even in the lowest settings. I've allocated memory, cleared cache, everything like that, yet nothing has worked. Any suggestions?

vNewDisease.png vNewDisease.png

~I am a true Hero.~

This sometimes happens to me with firefox too. Try killing the process for the download client using the task manager instead of x-ing out of it.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

That's my main problem. I cannot use task manager due to a virus. The virus disabled it, and every way to get it back. :/ Otherwise I would do so. I'm probably going to end up selling this computer and buying a new one, as it's more than likely a problem with the computer itself.

~I am a true Hero.~

That's my main problem. I cannot use task manager due to a virus. The virus disabled it, and every way to get it back. :/ Otherwise I would do so. I'm probably going to end up selling this computer and buying a new one, as it's more than likely a problem with the computer itself.

Replacing the HDD or reformatting would get the same end result for a fraction of the price, unless you have a particularly old system.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Removing the virus could help. Other than that, I had a similar problem in Linux. Basically you had to load RuneScape without having any other windows open. Try exiting out of all other programs and try it again.

j0xPu5R.png

My system is from about... ~2000, so it's pretty old. I've closed all programs, yet same result. I've just decided to purchase a new computer, a much better computer, yet for the same price I paid for this one 10 years ago. Lol. I've been unable to remove the virus, as, it seems to have blocked any way for me to use anti-virus software. But, it's an old computer and needs to be taken apart anyway.

~I am a true Hero.~

No need to sell just because of a virus. Absolute worst case scenario would be having to get a new Hard Drive. Try installing malwarebytes onto a memory stick from another computer and running in safe mode. It should be able to catch it.

No need to sell just because of a virus. Absolute worst case scenario would be having to get a new Hard Drive. Try installing malwarebytes onto a memory stick from another computer and running in safe mode. It should be able to catch it.

I would agree with trying to remove the virus before selling it. You'd get more for it.

And well, the thing is he wanted to get a new one because it's ~11 years old.

j0xPu5R.png

I would agree with trying to remove the virus before selling it. You'd get more for it.

And well, the thing is he wanted to get a new one because it's ~11 years old.

I have attempted to remove it the virus before hand, and it just came back. That, or it's a new virus. I've already purchased a new computer, and it's going to come in about a week. As for my current desktop, I'll format it, and sell it. I'm getting annoying with it, however, because it takes 20 minutes to start up, and formatting it might take a few hours.

Sad thing is.. The time of purchase, it was around $400.. And the computer I just bought was $120, and it's 4x better with everything, RAM, Hard Drive, and Graphics card.

~I am a true Hero.~