Espada's digital paintings

Espada

Here's a little gallery of some digital paintings i've done, most have been requests from friends.

Water colossus:

tiberius__water_colossus_by_hypershadowx1-d3gv00d.png

Warrior guy:

death_warrior_by_hypershadowx1-d3h6ivs.png

Scizor (Pokemon):

P01p0.png

Haxorus (Pokemon, Work in progress):

pDbbs.png

Nice to see another digital artist around here :) I think the main problem with your first one is that your background is sharper than your foreground. The water and main subject is really blended but the lightning and brushstrokes in the sky are sharp and grungy. That makes me want to focus on the background instead of the foreground. The water in particular should be a lot sharper since it looks like you're trying to make a bit of a splash/wave so there would be a lot of sharp water particles and foam.

The second piece is too dark :( There's way too much black in there and it makes the whole thing feel really flat.

I think the third one is the best. THe blending is well done. I wish there was a background though!

The last one is interesting because it looks like you've tried to incorporate more texture. Don't go too dark though! There's already an awful lot of black on the left side so just be careful. You really shouldn't ever use pure black in your paintings. It makes them look quite flat.

I look forward to seeing more work :)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Really cool work :) the thirds my favorite.

Are digipaints always kind of... blurry?

I think the blurryness is more so just his style.

Yeah, I agree with tripsis in that on the first one, the background is sharper than the foreground.

But these are all great pieces of art, well done :thumbup:

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Thanks for the tips, I really didn't put backgrounds in because I'm practising them separate from my proper drawings so I don't mess the proper ones up with them; e.g. first drawing.

Really cool work :) the thirds my favorite.

Are digipaints always kind of... blurry?

I think the blurryness is more so just his style.

Yeah, I agree with tripsis in that on the first one, the background is sharper than the foreground.

But these are all great pieces of art, well done :thumbup:

The blurriness is probably my own inability to sharpen up and fine detail my paintings, it's something i'm working on. Thanks anyways.