STRANGE LAG (help plz D:)

nomnum

HELLO VIEWERS!

Straight to the point; I have a strange lag. Most people have lag where there FPS drops on certain high performance games. My Computer, however, can handle ALOT of games. It can play combat arms, Battlefield heroes, Sims 3, etc. For a while... After about 5-10 minutes of playing a game, FPS 32, suddenly i get This HUGE Lag spike (Fps 2) that Lasts another 5-10 minutes... ITs annoying to know your computer CAN handle a game, but simply something goes wrong during the game(s).

Here are my computer statistics.

OP: Windows Vista 64-bit

Manufacturer: HP

Processor: AMD Phenom 9750 Quad core

RAM: 8 GB

Graphic Card? : NVIDIA GeForce 9100

All that internet connection rate crap?

I dont know, BUT, remember, my game works wonderfuly the first 10 minutes so i dont think my internet simply bails on me...

If you need more info ask, ill TRY to find out...

When i get the lag, my CPU goes from like 25 to 37. I think my RAM Stays the same however. Once again, if thats important ask for me to clarify.

THANK YOU FOR READING THIS LONG THING!! PLZ COMMENT, ID RATHER YOU SAY "I dunno" THAN NOT COMMENT AT ALL!!

... ... - Nomnum

UPDATE ******************* UPDATE ****************** UPDATE ***************** UPDATE *********

I tried Core Temp!

When i got my enormous lag attack, my temperature only went up like 4 or 5 degrees. It went from 32 to a 37...

Is that bad?

I didnt think so, Plz comment saying if a 5 degree increase is bad...

- Nomnum

Edited by nomnum

Ok fine, I dunno.

But that being said, maybe it's not a problem with your computer? Maybe it's a problem with the software (of the game). Try looking for a forum dedicated to the game you're having trouble with and asking there.

This reminds me of certain antivirus' that hog all the CPU power in order to run a scan. Post your antivirus and/or realtime scanning or updating software. Might also be a problem with one of your ram sticks, try running Memtest86 for an hour or so to see if any errors occur. Update your drivers if you haven't already and any software along with that.

Just wondering but is your motherboard a good quality one? I've heard problems like this being solved by replacing the motherboard to handle the components better.

randomkcopyq.png

When your CPU has a spike, is it the game that uses up extra processing power, or is it some other program? If it's a different program, try shutting that down and see if that solves the problem. At the moment I'm not sure whether its a hardware or software problem. Your computer could also be overheating - use this utility to check the temperatures while playing the game, and report back.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Ok fine, I dunno.

But that being said, maybe it's not a problem with your computer? Maybe it's a problem with the software (of the game). Try looking for a forum dedicated to the game you're having trouble with and asking there.

Thanks for replying, but its with just about every game so i highly doubt that. :)

This reminds me of certain antivirus' that hog all the CPU power in order to run a scan. Post your antivirus and/or realtime scanning or updating software. Might also be a problem with one of your ram sticks, try running Memtest86 for an hour or so to see if any errors occur. Update your drivers if you haven't already and any software along with that.

Just wondering but is your motherboard a good quality one? I've heard problems like this being solved by replacing the motherboard to handle the components better.

I know its not a antivirus software, i have tried methods for that. Im not very hardware-tech savvy; Ill try to learn more about ram sticks or what to do with it :/. Ill run MEmtest non. Thanks for replying!

Overheating issue, try lowering your settings if you can to reduce temps. Another solution would be for you to take off the side panel of the case and have a desktop fan blowing into the computer to try and cool it off.

Should try this. Not sure if you've seen it or not.

When your CPU has a spike, is it the game that uses up extra processing power, or is it some other program? If it's a different program, try shutting that down and see if that solves the problem. At the moment I'm not sure whether its a hardware or software problem. Your computer could also be overheating - use this utility to check the temperatures while playing the game, and report back.

j0xPu5R.png